Biotest

DOHCrazy Starting V-Diet: 07-01-08

I just turned 20 at the beginning of June.

Back story: Growing up I was always the chubby kid. I wasn’t ever fat, but my mother fed me well. She was what you would call a ‘food-pusher.’ She is a wonderful cook, and if one didn’t go back for seconds, she was offended. As I got older I learned to take very small portions so I could appease her by getting a second serving.

My senior year of high school, I went from ~185 pounds to about 220. I thought it was from being lazy and drinking beer, but I soon found out it was more than that. A week before graduation, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer; I had surgery the second week of June.

Once my thyroid was out, I was put on Synthroid to take its place. It took us about 6 months of guessing and testing to get the doses right.

Around last Christmas I got a gym member ship and started working out. I really didn’t have a plan of action at this point. I stopped eating fast food and drinking sodas, and began to loose weight. In April I began logging everything I ate, and was eating less than 2000 calories a day, at about 40% carbs. Metabolic Drive, Green Beans, Chicken, and Fruit were my basic diet.

I am now back down to 185. I went from a 38" waist to a 32" waist. I have gained some muscle, but I think it was more from the initial gains of working out. I really don’t think I am eating enough each day to really be adding mass. My body is getting much more toned though.

Goal: I am doing the V-Diet to drop my BF a bit more, hopefully getting rid of my small gut. My gut and butt are really the only places that still have excessive fat stored on them. Once I get rid of them, I plan to get on a bulking diet/workout plan.

Diet: My diet right now is pretty good. No fast food, no bread, no sweets. I drink water and tea. I love green beans and steamed broccoli. I have a Metabolic Drive shake in the morning as soon as I get out of bed, and then Surge after my workouts. For fruits I eat oranges and apples, which is where most of my carbs come from. I cook boneless/skinless chicken breast for dinner and/or lunch.

Activity: I am pretty active. We play sand or pool volleyball regularly, and I mow/edge once a week. At work I am standing up the majority of the time.

Workout: I workout 4 days a week, I walk a 4mph mile before each workout; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am there about 50 minutes each day. Here is my current workout (some of the exercises may not have the proper names, but I know what they are): http://www.theaao.com/pics/Workout.jpg

The only estimate of BF% I have is my Taylor scale. It gives me between 15% and 18% regularly. Take that with a grain of salt.

The product I don’t already have will be here on Thursday.

V-Diet: These are the numbers I have worked out using excel.

A before and after shot of my weight lose so far; the left is a month before my surgery. The second is a flexing picture to show some my upper body progression. I know flexing pictures aren’t allowed, I will be taking �??correct�?? pictures and measurements the first day of the diet.

Looks good but I would suggest one change. Instead of doing 8 Tbsp of Flaxseed go down to 4 Tbsp and add in 4-5 Fiber Choice tabs per day. Last time I did this I did it pretty much the way you have it laid out, taking 8 Tbsp per day. Maybe it was just me but I can tell you that I didn’t have a solid bowel movement for the entire 28 days and that seriously was not fun at all, probably the worst part of the diet.

And once the diet was over I had a case of hemorrhoids, most likely due to straining through trying to get out something that wasn’t there. Maybe not the most pleasant topic but it’s something you should know and consider.

However, this time around I am only taking 4 Tbsp of Flaxseed per day and 5 Fiber Choice tabs and I have had a solid bowel movement every day (on day 9 currently). Granted, it’s not like it was before I started the diet but it’s 100% better than last time. An added bonus is the Fiber Choice tabs give you something to chew, which you will come to enjoy.

Just food for thought.

Thank you for the advice.

I have had a roommates fiber choice tabs once when I wasn’t feeling well, they actually tasted quiet good for what they were.

You say drop it to 4 Tbsp; do the tablets add calories?

One Fiber Choice has 8 calories and 2 grams of Fiber. One Tbsp of Flaxseed meal has 30 calories and 2 grams of Fiber.

Front Shot:

Side Shot:

Back Shot:

Measurements:

Height: 6’1"
Weight: 190.2 lb
BF: 19% (Health-o-Meter Scale)

Belly: 35.5"
Thigh: 23.75"
Calf: 15"
Chest: 41"
Upper Abs: 35"
Shoulders: 47.5"
Upper Arm: 13.5"
Neck: 17.25"

I wasn’t 100% sure on how to measure shoulders. I went completely around my upper body at the widest point.

Through the second day.

I didn’t realize how much time we spend each day eating. Eating out, preparing food, watching TV, eating, planning eating. I have had so much extra time the past two days. I cleaned and organized the garage, fixed my BMX bike I haven’t ridden in years, and mowed the lawn. I am still ending up with excess time to kill.

Those are the hardest times. I want to eat only because I am bored. As soon as I occupy myself, I am not even hungry.

Today we (read: bunch of college going 20 year-olds) fixed our BMW bikes and rode around our city. We got some funny looks from the people who knew us. Oh well, it was fun, I got some sun, some exercise, and I didn’t waste any gas or money. It brought back the old days of middle school.

Played some beer pong tonight; made my partner drink all the cups.

I haven’t felt too much different, no fatigue or anything. The Surge today after the workout tasted wonderful.

I have been putting 2Tbs of Flaxseed meal in shakes. I cant taste it at all, but the texture makes me down the drinks pretty fast. I don’t use a blender, only a shaker cup from Vitamin Shoppe.

Day 4 is going good, I’m about to head to the gym.

I’m going to use the first weeks solid meal today. We are having a cookout at one. I plan on grilling some boneless, skinless, chicken breast, along with a mixture of steamed broccoli, carrots, baby cob corn, and green snap peas. Should be tasty and very low carb.

Had my first good poop this morning, the last day and a half I have been shootin’ blanks.

Stomach already looks better.

That is all.

I made it through the weekend at work. I work retail.

Saturday the store bought everyone pizza, which was hard to resist.

Today, a fellow installer brought a wonderful brisket kalache thing for breakfast.

I did good and stayed strong both days.

before you started the V-Diet what were your lifting stats?

Front Shot

Side Shot

Back Shot

I’m losing it right where I want to.

Measurements:

Height: 6’1"
Weight: 180.6 lb

Belly: 33.75"
Thigh: 23.5"
Calf: 15"
Chest: 40"
Upper Abs: 33"
Shoulders: 47"
Upper Arm: 13.5"
Neck: 17"

I am just starting the V-Diet today, waiting on my 2nd shake of the day, and I’m a similar body composition to you, I’m just looking to get to that next level of leanness before I start a clean bulking diet. I’ll be following your log with interest.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
I am just starting the V-Diet today, waiting on my 2nd shake of the day, and I’m a similar body composition to you, I’m just looking to get to that next level of leanness before I start a clean bulking diet. I’ll be following your log with interest.[/quote]

Yea, I’m not fat or extremely built, but I have enough hidden muscle to look good before I start a clean bulk just like you describe.

I am starting to see my abs when I flex. I have NEVER seen my abs in my entire life. The top four are there, I just need to get rid of this pudge. I am also excited to go shopping for new pants once it’s over.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Yea, I’m not fat or extremely built, but I have enough hidden muscle to look good before I start a clean bulk just like you describe.

I am starting to see my abs when I flex. I have NEVER seen my abs in my entire life. The top four are there, I just need to get rid of this pudge. I am also excited to go shopping for new pants once it’s over.

[/quote]

Yeah I feel you. My abs have always been “right there” but never truly visible. I’m hoping that this will bring them out, and get me primed mentally and physically for what it will take to reach my ultimate weight and body composition goals.

Hey what that fiber suppliment can I get it from a local drug store ? please advise as I am about to start my diet soon.

THanks

[quote]Moeeed wrote:
Hey what that fiber suppliment can I get it from a local drug store ? please advise as I am about to start my diet soon.

THanks[/quote]

Fiber Choice.

The start of Day 11.

Everything is going good. Every day I can see my abs a little bit more. Had a good bowel movement this morning.

This after-noon I am eating my healthy, solid meal. 8oz Blackened Tilapia with a dry rub, and steamed, mixed green vegetables.

Quick update on day 17.

Our internet has been down for the past 5 days. I did not get pictures on Monday, but everything is still going good.

11 days left.