Biotest

Does the V-Diet Really Work?

I have been reading about this diet and it just sounds like a starvation diet to me. I see that there are a lot of supplements that have to be taken, but it does not seem like it would be a healthy way to lose weight.

It works IF you’re the at the right point to start the diet. Not everyone is.

Personally, and this is just me talking, but I actually SAVED money overall when I decided to do it. The supps were actually less expensive than my normal food intake is, and that includes healthy eating. So I don’t think supplements are a financial issue.

It is an extreme diet. It is also DESIGNED to be a short-term burst diet, NOT a long-term “normal” way of eating/dieting. That gives you more leeway in terms of what you can do. It should not make anyone’s health worse unless they have some underlying medical issues they are ignoring/unaware of.

The only thing I need to say is go check out the Physique Clinics for the men and women.

well I have a very physical job and a starvation diet would not be possible for me. I am on day 28, I have lost 25 pounds and 4.5 inches off the waist and I have never felt weak, just struggling mentally for a bit without the food. My caloric intake is significantly higher than anyone else I know who is dieting and at times I am almost too full to have my next shake. If you doubt it though, don’t do it. You won’t have the fortitude to finish it.

[quote]kinein wrote:
The only thing I need to say is go check out the Physique Clinics for the men and women. [/quote]

What he said.

This diet is not have to be expensive.

I am doing it using supplements that have cost me less by shopping around.

I guess I would be considered a dissenter since I do not use one Biotest supplement for financial reasons and I am not worried about the quality of the products I use, two of which have actual scientific research behind them (my Flameout & Superfood alternatives).

But as others stated, if you live in USA add it up, with the free shipping using all Biotest supplements should probably be about the same as how much you would spend for a month of food (400+ US$).

Although the above poster is NOT on the Velocity Diet, but using a cheaper knock off, he is correct. When you weigh out the cost of the supplements with the cost of food for the diets duration, you do actually save money.

The diet does work. Sure, it works in varying degrees depending on where you are now, but it does work. I am 2 weeks in and am down 16lbs.

Best of luck to you, regardless of what you choose.

I’m always surprised by the “starvation diet” comments. The V-Diet:

• Provides 4-6 feedings per day.

• Has more calories than the Slim Fast plan, the Subway diet, or most popular and widely accepted clinic diet plans.

• Over a gram of protein per pound of body weight usually.

• More omega-3s and other healthy fats than the average non-dieter consumes.

• Low but adequate carbs, way more than Atkins ever suggested.

• 10g more fiber than the average non-dieter consumes.

Where exactly is the starvation?

Will you be hungry at first? Yeah, it’s a diet after all. Some willpower is involved. But there is no starving or malnourishment.

[quote]Falco1 wrote:
Although the above poster is NOT on the Velocity diet, but using a cheaper knock off, he is correct. When you weigh out the cost of the supplements with the cost of food for the diets duration, you do actually save money.

The diet does work. Sure, it works in varying degrees depending on where you are now, but it does work. I am 2 weeks in and am down 16lbs.

Best of luck to you, regardless of what you choose.[/quote]

I don’t think you SAVE money, but you do at least break even…

Except that at the end of 28 days, you have a drastically changed body…

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Falco1 wrote:
Although the above poster is NOT on the Velocity diet, but using a cheaper knock off, he is correct. When you weigh out the cost of the supplements with the cost of food for the diets duration, you do actually save money.

Best of luck to you, regardless of what you choose.

I don’t think you SAVE money, but you do at least break even…

Except that at the end of 28 days, you have a drastically changed body…[/quote]

That depends on the types of food you were eating and the amounts required. I know for me, it was actually a little cheaper for the supplements for 6 weeks than it was for my food for 6 weeks. With the price of foods rising and in a lot of cases, a little more expensive for healthier food, IE: leaner cuts of meat, fresh and in some cases organic veggies. Hell, just for my HSM yesterda consisting of spinach only salad, grilled veggies(2) and a steak, that was damn near a $20 bill right there.

You are correct, for others, it may be more money or even a break even situation.

I’m on my second run now and have just gotten into the second week.

I’m surprised how much money I save. It’s not just the groceries but the cake with coffee, the eating out, the glass of beer or wine here and there, all these odds and ends add up. I find my food costs probably 50% of what I’d usually spend.

As for hunger, if you come from high calorie diet already then maybe. In the first furn I did I remember the first few days being hard and then it was pretty easy actually. As Chris said, you’re eating every 2-3 hours and with the flax and fibre it’s pretty filling. Add ice to the shakes, all sorts of stuff!

After a week it was a cinch and I actually took the ice out of the shakes because they were too filling. By the fourth week it’s so ingrained you actually stop thinking it’s all that weird and goign back to solid meals every day is a bit of an annoyance more than anything :slight_smile:

I love it. I think a lot of peopel that think it’s strange if they actually gave it a proper try for a few days with good protein powder they’d get a big surprise :wink:

[quote]ozzyaaron wrote:
I’m on my second run now and have just gotten into the second week.

I’m surprised how much money I save. It’s not just the groceries but the cake with coffee, the eating out, the glass of beer or wine here and there, all these odds and ends add up. I find my food costs probably 50% of what I’d usually spend.

As for hunger, if you come from high calorie diet already then maybe. In the first furn I did I remember the first few days being hard and then it was pretty easy actually. As Chris said, you’re eating every 2-3 hours and with the flax and fibre it’s pretty filling. Add ice to the shakes, all sorts of stuff!

After a week it was a cinch and I actually took the ice out of the shakes because they were too filling. By the fourth week it’s so ingrained you actually stop thinking it’s all that weird and goign back to solid meals every day is a bit of an annoyance more than anything :slight_smile:

I love it. I think a lot of peopel that think it’s strange if they actually gave it a proper try for a few days with good protein powder they’d get a big surprise :wink: [/quote]

The big savings in my eyes is the time. To me, as I am sure it is to most others, my time is valuable. The less I have to spend cooking and am able to use that time on family or other productive activities is worth its weight in gold.

I have never dieted before so I can’t tell you how it compares to other diets, but in 2 weeks I’m down 12 lbs and 10 inches off my body. So… I think it works.

One thing I think is really cool about it is for the first time ever I can directly see how eating a certain amount of calories and macros affects my body. I know from here on out what 1700-2100 calories a day of does. So I feel like when I go back to eating I will have a much better idea of how food/calories/macros will affect me and my gut.

[quote]MitchorRuby wrote:
One thing I think is really cool about it is for the first time ever I can directly see how eating a certain amount of calories and macros affects my body. I know from here on out what 1700-2100 calories a day of does. So I feel like when I go back to eating I will have a much better idea of how food/calories/macros will affect me and my gut.[/quote]

This is the coolest.

I really hate it when people start dieting or exercising and spend no time at all actually looking into it. I firmly believe in teaching a man to fish. It’s cool that the V-Diet has motivated you to start learning about food and how it effects your gut :slight_smile:

Keep killing it!

What do you mean, keep killing it? Can a person do this diet with other sups that have the same ingredients as the sups listed in the vdiet?

Sure but like everyone says around here… if you do that or alter it in any way in which doesn’t have what Chris says you need… dont call it the V-DIET.

closed #17

closed #18

closed #19