Biotest

Different Shake Ideas

So drinking 5 shakes a day with only a few flavors can get old real quick. I have 5 milk chocolate, 3 strawberry, 2 vanilla, and 1 banana cream.
Any suggestions on which flavors to mix and any recipes to make thicker spoon eating shakes? Maybe adding some non-calorie additions to make it taste better?

Thanks everyone

[quote]Starvy wrote:
So drinking 5 shakes a day with only a few flavors can get old real quick. I have 5 milk chocolate, 3 strawberry, 2 vanilla, and 1 banana cream.
Any suggestions on which flavors to mix and any recipes to make thicker spoon eating shakes? Maybe adding some non-calorie additions to make it taste better?

Thanks everyone [/quote]

When I formulated the V-Diet there were only two flavors. I also walked to school in the snow. Uphill both ways. Fighting off coyotes.

People get into trouble with adding flavors sometimes. Just remember, they must be non-caloric. Also, this is covered in the V-Diet program, section 7.

All that said, sometimes I gotta say, “Just suck it up, sissy!” [smiley face etc]

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Starvy wrote:

Thanks everyone

When I formulated the V-Diet there were only two flavors. I also walked to school in the snow. Uphill both ways. Fighting off coyotes.

People get into trouble with adding flavors sometimes. Just remember, they must be non-caloric. Also, this is covered in the V-Diet program, section 7.

All that said, sometimes I gotta say, “Just suck it up, sissy!” [smiley face etc][/quote]

Fair enough haha

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
All that said, sometimes I gotta say, “Just suck it up, sissy!” [smiley face etc][/quote]

Best advice ever. Only been on the V-Diet a week but I don’t even really taste the shakes anymore. I’ve basically just stopped eating, save for 5 times a day when I take 2 minutes and down a shake.

The first week was easy for me, and then on the second week they got absolutely revolting, literally I would wretch with every swig. The solution(I found) was making them alot thinner, it became real easy to suck em down them. Also make sure you’re blending them well. My blender really sucks shit, so I had to let them blend for AGES(then let the foam settle for ages as well), but get them nice and smooth they can be pretty damn tasty. Not to badmouth the Metabolic Drive or anything, because its absolutely great stuff, but since completing the V-diet I have been using isoflex powder twice a day(ALOT cheaper for me, sadly customs and shipping was adding around $100 to my bill!) and my god, let me tell you the peanut butter chocolate protein is the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. That reminds me, for your last shake of the day(with peanut butter and L-leucine) Definitely blend it with chocolate flavour, and ice. I got to the point that I went absolutely crazy just waiting for the end of the day for that shake.

The banana flavor is actually very good Chris. I normally don’t like banana cuz it’s just a boring flavor for me but the shake is great.
I’ve been blending the chocolate with hot water and making hot chocolate and I have to say… It’s the most delicious thing in the world. And as for the peanut butter at the end of the day, I skip it in the shake and just enjoy it by itself… way more satisfying to me haha

I have some shake comments on my V-Diet blog…of course just my opinions
(Its on Day 26)

[quote]Starvy wrote:
The banana flavor is actually very good Chris. I normally don’t like banana cuz it’s just a boring flavor for me but the shake is great.
I’ve been blending the chocolate with hot water and making hot chocolate and I have to say… It’s the most delicious thing in the world. And as for the peanut butter at the end of the day, I skip it in the shake and just enjoy it by itself… way more satisfying to me haha[/quote]

Honestly, try making that last shake with the peanut butter in, with chocolate Metabolic Drive, and LOTS of ice so its real thick. I was doing the peanut butter seperately as well, until I tried that. Its like comparing a scoop of peanut butter to a peanut butter cup milkshake. It was delicious.

Also some mornings I would have only a half shake, and add the remaining scoop(once again, chocolate, I am such a chocolate whore) to my mug of coffee on the way to work. Tasted great as well. I also found using just enough water to give it a mousse like texture and eating with a spoon was great as well, for any flavour.

Try blending the vanilla with ice, and just a wee bit of water, throw some non caloric flavouring in there and you can have a different flavour of ice cream for every meal if you want!!

[quote]matthew_gray wrote:
Starvy wrote:
I’ve been blending the chocolate with hot water and making hot chocolate and I have to say… It’s the most delicious thing in the world. And as for the peanut butter at the end of the day, I skip it in the shake and just enjoy it by itself… way more satisfying to me haha

Honestly, try making that last shake with the peanut butter in, with chocolate Metabolic Drive, and LOTS of ice so its real thick. I was doing the peanut butter seperately as well, until I tried that. Its like comparing a scoop of peanut butter to a peanut butter cup milkshake. It was delicious.

Also some mornings I would have only a half shake, and add the remaining scoop(once again, chocolate, I am such a chocolate whore) to my mug of coffee on the way to work. Tasted great as well. I also found using just enough water to give it a mousse like texture and eating with a spoon was great as well, for any flavour.

Try blending the vanilla with ice, and just a wee bit of water, throw some non caloric flavouring in there and you can have a different flavour of ice cream for every meal if you want!! [/quote]

I gotta tell ya… I like that ice cream idea. Now I gotta go find some flavoring

I stumbled upon an unexpected flavor while doing some experimenting with the shakes:

One scoop Choc. Metabolic Drive
One scoop Banana Cream Metabolic Drive
One scoop Strawberry Metabolic Drive
Two scoops Superfood
Two scoops L-Leucine

Tastes like Butterscotch! IMO, the Superfood makes it all come together.

I just started this diet as well, I’m going after the shakes like this. they are fuel not meant to be tasty. I need fuel to get through the day. Look at it like you where a dog, you eat the same thing every day and every once in a while you get a treat.

Snookerd… That makes so much sense. Fuel - My poor dogs. Need to give them different treats… Thanks.

(I’ll think of that when I’m drinking the same shakes over and over and over again)

[quote]Snookerd wrote:
I just started this diet as well, I’m going after the shakes like this. they are fuel not meant to be tasty. I need fuel to get through the day. Look at it like you where a dog, you eat the same thing every day and every once in a while you get a treat.[/quote]

Excellent. I like that. Thanks man

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.