Biotest

Different Body Fat Measurements

Hey Chris, I know you always say to measure progress in the mirror and with a tape measure. I have always used skin calipers to measure my body fat %. When I first measured a few years ago, I was around 12% body fat. Now, according to the calipers I am around 6%. To get a more accurate measurement, I got tested in a bod pod. The results came out to 16%. Which one do you think I am closer to? Also, what could be the reason for such a drastic difference?

The rule with any body fat measuring device: The one with the lowest reading is correct! :wink:

Seriously, why does it matter? It’s not about a number. You’re ripped and you look great. Who cares if that’s a 6 or a 16?

Rant: http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1122

2nd that - looks > BF measurements
By the way, how long were u on a diet and which dieting approach did you use to get down to 6% from 12%?
Asking b/c I’m around 12% atmo and would like to go down to anywhere under 10%.

It didn’t happen overnight. I probably got down from 12% to 9% pretty easily. Then I did the v-diet and it changed my life. From then on out, I adopted a paleo-ish diet with plenty of supplements. Eating healthy(and I don’t mean heart healthy cocoa puffs) 90% of the time and working out hard did the trick from there. Heavy lifting, sprints, complexes, tabatas, NEPA, etc.

[quote]Japek wrote:
It didn’t happen overnight. I probably got down from 12% to 9% pretty easily. Then I did the v-diet and it changed my life. From then on out, I adopted a paleo-ish diet with plenty of supplements. Eating healthy(and I don’t mean heart healthy cocoa puffs) 90% of the time and working out hard did the trick from there. Heavy lifting, sprints, complexes, tabatas, NEPA, etc. [/quote]

Gotcha! Thanks for info.
Personally, I’d be fine if I could get into the high teens (somewhere btwn. 7%-9%, the lower the better of course).
Currsently, I can pretty much see all of my abs (8-pack) but I have a “soft” layer on top of them, which I do not think is only skin but skin with a little fat underneath it. I want to get to a point where my abs are well defined and don’t have a “soft” layer of fat/skin above them (I assume that anything under 10% BF fits that bill…).