Biotest

Diet Soda and V-Diet

I just got my shipment today, and intend on starting the v-diet on Monday. I probably have not read everything about the diet, missed stuff or postings. But I believe I was wondering a few things. 1) is diet soda on v-diet ok, if not please tell me what to replace my caffeine addiction with. 2) other than the v-diet pages where I ordered the diet at the end from are there particular articles I should read? 3) I have problems doing lunges, what is the best exercise to replace them with. 4) as far as posting pictures, where do I do that and when? 5))any other suggestions or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated
thank you,
Paula

1. Black coffee, after a few days you can ween yourself off. I’d really stay away from diet soda to help with reprogramming the taste buds. ( just my opinion there )

2. http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny_grok/phoenix_theory

3. Why can’t you do lunges?

4. http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_logs?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop <- start a log there

Post pictures and measurements on the first day of each week before eating and after a bathroom trip. ( or some other pre-measured day, but I would think that’s the easiest to remember )

Hey Paula! Great for you for starting the V-Diet! I’m only starting on week 2 and a half of V-Diet, so I’m not gonna try to answer anything that Chris could. But I will say I was a little worried about the Caffeine as well, especially the headaches that happen around day 2 if you’re used to coffee or soda.

I use the HOT-ROX Supplement (Which does have Ceffeine, and which is optional), first thing in the morning, and afternoons around 2-3, and I haven’t had a headache once. Plus, I have only had one small cup of black coffee after my first healthy solid meal last week.

Hope that helps and keep us posted.

Ben

1. You’re getting caffeine from the HOT-ROX so you probably don’t need to extra caffeine. I’d avoid diet sodas, but if having one a day keeps you from cheating or falling off the diet then it’s fine.

2. Go through every tab of the V-Diet plan. (People skip whole sections for some reason.)

3. First, make sure you’re doing lunges correctly. We have articles and videos in the archives. Just run a search.

4. http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_logs?pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

1. Black coffee, after a few days you can ween yourself off. I’d really stay away from diet soda to help with reprogramming the taste buds. ( just my opinion there )

2. http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny_grok/phoenix_theory

3. Why can’t you do lunges?

thank you:)
I would rather have the headaches than drink coffee: bleh… hehehe maybe green tea? I love tea
and the reason I cannot do lunges is that my right quad tells me so! Every time I do them…it feels like it is ripping in two:(

1. First, make sure you’re doing lunges correctly. We have articles and videos in the archives. Just run a search.

Last time I did them I was with a trainer on my first rep when it happened… so now I will admit I’m afraid to do them because the last 3 times I’ve tried, it was the same place the same pain.

here are some tips from my experience:
go crazy with NEPA. walk as much as you can.
eat steak and green vegetables for your HSM.
consider a MAG-10 pulse fast.
read books to keep your mind right - “good calories, bad calories” is a great choice. its 500 pages of dense information.

if you can do a NEPA walk before your first shake, thats the best. personally, when i ate steak and green vegetables for my HSM i would have a fat flush and wake up the next morning thinner. a MAG-10 pulse fast the day after your HSM will accelerate fat loss. personally i lost 1 lb of fat everytime i did a pulse fast.

thank you:) I did like the Phoenix theory. I am almost looking forward to doing a liquid diet, just so I can stop thinking about eating… and breaking this plateau that I’ve been stuck on for a while!

I’m down almost 50 pounds at this point, and do like where my mind and body are going. I’ve been incredibly lucky that someone has been helping me achieve my goals, giving me advice and assistance. I bought a little blender to use at work, and have told everyone around me what my plan is, so that they will hopefully encourage me to keep to it. I am going to buy some sugar free gum so that I can have something to chew.
I cut down on my diet sodas this week, and I’m hoping to be able to get through this month with only one or less of them a day… hoping when the month is done, so will my addiction to them be done. I know that carbonation is not good for my bones, and kidneys or my body in general.

I have the exercises all written down in my log so that I won’t forget them, and can record what I have done.
I will measure and take pictures this weekend and start Monday.

I am a morning girl, so I’m looking forward to doing the nepa walks instead of the gym in the morning… that will be a change, although I will probably end up on the tread mill some days instead of outside in the cold.