Biotest

Diet Snapshot

Cheers, Chris:

You mind shooting some holes in my diet and routine? Would sure appreciate your viewpoint.

v/r

M

Wake Up 7:30 a.m.
3/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
juice of a small lemon
16oz water

Breakfast 8:15 a.m.
5 raw eggs
1.5 scoops Grow!
1 tsp Saigon Cinnamon
2 tbsp organic 1/2 and 1/2

2 HCL
1 multi vitamin
2 Curcumin
1 I/KI tablet
1 Zinc 50 mg chelated
1 Probiotic
1 TBSP Carlson’s fish oil OR 3 Flameout

Lunch 11:45 a.m.
10 oz sirloin rare
small serving steamed broccoli
red or pinto beans small serving
1 tbsp butter or olive oil

2 HCL
1 multi vitamin

Pre WO
-60 Alpha GPC 1,200 mg
-45 1 scoop Power Drive
-Quad Espresso, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2

Peri WO
2 scoops Anaconda
2 scoops MAG-10
1 scoop Surge WO Fuel

Post WO
3/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
juice of a small lemon
16oz water
1 packet Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C

Post WO Meal (+60 WO)
3 raw eggs
2.5 scoops Grow!
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2

2 HCL

Dinner
8 oz turkey or 10 oz shrimp or 8 oz Grass Fed Beef
Spinach steamed with butter
2 pieces Ezequiel bread toast

2 HCL
1 Multi vitamin
2 Curcumin

Snack
60 almonds
1 piece fruit apple or berries or 1 tbsp raw honey

Before bed
400 mgs magnesium glycinate

Diet can vary but this is pretty much what I eat 6 days a week. 1 day a week I eat more vegetables and fruit, low protein, sometimes this turns into a cheat day if I’m feeling flat. Usually I only need a cheat day once every 10-14 days - I generally do well on lower carb diet since I tend toward hypoglycemia but when I eat as above I feel great. (6’1" - 227lbs)

3 days a week I have WO with the peri WO nutrition as above. 3 other days a week are NC WO’s where I just have a scoop of MAG-10 during WO since it’s only 15-30mins. Sunday’s are off from WO’s.

Current goal is strength gain with no size gain and wouldn’t mind body fat drifting lower. In the last 9 months I have gained +100 squat and +75 DL with no weight gain thanks to Thibs’ articles and advice. But body fat is same :frowning: probably 15% or more I just don’t want to admit it. I can see upper abs so I don’t think I’m a total porker but could be much leaner.

If you have time, sure appreciate it.

Thanks!

Here are some quick thoughts:

1. Not sure what the lemon juice and salt thing is, honestly.

2. Raw eggs: Only about half the protein can be utilized by the body when eggs are eaten raw. To get all the protein, you have to cook them. Dr. John Berardi details this in our archives. Our new search engine should bring it up. If you eat raw eggs for some other reason, just know that you may need more protein in other areas of your diet.

3. Ezequiel bread: Better than regular bread, but I ditched it too about a year ago. Better to make your own almond or coconut flour bread and remove what grains you can, especially if you struggle with body fat. We’re not cows after all, and probably haven’t adapted to grass eating just yet. Not a big deal if you do fine on carbs, but it could be a way to further fine-tune your diet.

4. Raw honey is better than regular, but it’s still pure fructose. I wouldn’t eat it daily myself.

Hope that helps.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Here are some quick thoughts:

1. Not sure what the lemon juice and salt thing is, honestly.

2. Raw eggs: Only about half the protein can be utilized by the body when eggs are eaten raw. To get all the protein, you have to cook them. Dr. John Berardi details this in our archives. Our new search engine should bring it up. If you eat raw eggs for some other reason, just know that you may need more protein in other areas of your diet.

3. Ezequiel bread: Better than regular bread, but I ditched it too about a year ago. Better to make your own almond or coconut flour bread and remove what grains you can, especially if you struggle with body fat. We’re not cows after all, and probably haven’t adapted to grass eating just yet. Not a big deal if you do fine on carbs, but it could be a way to further fine-tune your diet.

4. Raw honey is better than regular, but it’s still pure fructose. I wouldn’t eat it daily myself.

Hope that helps.

[/quote]

1. lemon + salt is for trace minerals and hydration. Used to get more muscle pulls, cramps before I started this. Helps me a lot. Also, boosts stomach acid production, which mine has progressively declined over the years.

2. Raw eggs - I’m on the fence with this one as they digest so well for me and I’ve never gotten sick, probably because I take HCL and buy clean source eggs. Also, frankly I do it for the time factor because it’s so easy - not because I want to be Rocky. First started doing this after reading Vince Gironda -but I don’t go the 36 a day he used to :0

3. I could replace bread with sweet potato, yes?

4. I eat the raw honey on the nights after I workout heavy but not every night. I find I sleep better have a just a small dose of high glycemic carbs about an hr before bed - but, probably making me fat, eh?

Thanks for your pointers - I will work on it.

I’d definitely go with sweet potato over bread.

The honey may be okay, but if you’re looking to fine-tune, that’s one thing to cut for sure.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I’d definitely go with sweet potato over bread.

The honey may be okay, but if you’re looking to fine-tune, that’s one thing to cut for sure.

[/quote]

Very nice of you to take the time to help me - thanks!

I will keep refining further, appreciate it.