Biotest

Diet Advice

I’m currently 18 years old, 6ft and roughly 210 pounds. atm im focused on powerlifting and increasing my squat and deadlift numbers while attempting to cut some fat…

my current diet looks like this (i drink about 1 gallon of water a day)

meal 1 (8:30 to 9:00 am): 300ml of milk + 100g oats + 2 teaspoons of natural honey + half a grapefruit + 3 whole eggs and roughly 200ml of egg whites

meal 2 (11:30): 250g (raw weight, when i cook the meat on the grill i squeeze as much fat out as possible) of 5% fat steak mince + 100g rice + few cabbage leaves and half an avocado

meal 3 (15:00): same as above

meal 4 (18:00, pre workout): protein shake

meal 5 (post workout about 21:00): protein shake + 2 teaspoons of honey

meal 6 : some meat if possible

any advice would be greatly appreiciated :slight_smile:

Milk is crap and leads to rapid fat gain and many other problems.

Honey is nature’s HFCS and does nothing for workout nutrition.

Fat is good for you, especially for someone wanting to lose body fat.

Your goals are somewhat contradictory.

Lots of articles in our archives and full diet and training plans. You have a lot of reading to do. Luckily, you discovered T Nation at age 18!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Milk is crap and leads to rapid fat gain and many other problems.

Honey is nature’s HFCS and does nothing for workout nutrition.

Fat is good for you, especially for someone wanting to lose body fat.

Your goals are somewhat contradictory.

Lots of articles in our archives and full diet and training plans. You have a lot of reading to do. Luckily, you discovered T Nation at age 18!

[/quote]

so if i replaced the milk with soy or almond milk, replaced the honey pre workout with like an apple/banana, removed the 100g of rice in meal 2 and 3 than would that be a more suitable diet? i’ve tried ketogenic diets before and while effective to some degree they tend to make me feel like shit and minimize strength/size gains so i want to find something that will allow me to pack on strength while slowly melting the fat off… i know the goals conflict but is that not possible to achieve? I just looked at the diet/fat loss articles and couldn’t find anything relevant

Type “soy” into the T Nation search engine and toggle the results to articles.

Fruit does nothing in regards to workout nutrition. Read this: http://www.t-nation.com/supplements/what-you-dont-know-about-workout-supplementation

I’m not telling you to go keto.

Rice is great for you.

If you want to lose fat and stay strong, push a Prowler or related GPP/conditioning work.

Okay so i’ve had a read of that article and from what i can gather i should be consuming easily digestable carbs alongside a protein shake from 60 minutes and 15 minutes prior to workout… so would the easily digestable carbs have to be liquid based like a supplement? during the workout i should be consuming a bcaa product then and post workout i should have another protein shake? also i think im going to change the rice to sweet potato