Biotest

Demo Dick: FFB

Long story short: I’m a 30-something guy who recently returned to training and clean eating after four years of inactivity. I’m a stress eater, and I work a very high-stress job.

In late October I snapped, going through the exact transition Chris described in his “Phoenix Theory” article. I came back to T-Nation, adopted my old lifestyle, and got to work fixing what I had broken.

I dropped 56 pounds of fat and re-programmed my taste buds to appreciate clean meals. Now I’m ready to finish this cut with a sprint and finally get lean.

As a FFB I have never had a problem eating enough to gain mass, even while eating clean. But I have never been truly lean. I’m going to change that.

Got my supplements today and will probably start the diet on 04-18-09. I’m not stressing when I will begin. Once the ball is rolling, it’s on.

As an aside, I see WAY too many people in here complaining about the taste of MD. Those of us unfortunate to have done the stone-age ancestor of the V-Diet (The Fat Fast) with sub-par protein and flax oil know what I mean. Kids these days.

Demo Dick

good luck buddy!

Very glad to see you here, Demo.

And for those that don’t remember, Demo was here with T-Muscle back before today’s self-proclaimed “vets” even knew what it was.

Alright, OG, show these kids how it’s done!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Very glad to see you here, Demo.

And for those that don’t remember, Demo was here with T-Muscle back before today’s self-proclaimed “vets” even knew what it was.

Alright, OG, show these kids how it’s done!

[/quote]

Roger that, and thanks. Gotta get an avatar these days. Decisions, decisions…

Demo Dick

Kinda small, but this is one of the first images that popped up when I searched “Demo Dick” on Google images.

Thank God Moderate SafeSearch was on. I’m sure the results would have been interesting had it not been.

Good luck!

[quote]jo3 wrote:
Kinda small, but this is one of the first images that popped up when I searched “Demo Dick” on Google images.

Thank God Moderate SafeSearch was on. I’m sure the results would have been interesting had it not been.

Good luck![/quote]

I use that avatar on another, non-fitness forum. My influence is felt world-wide, or something.

Oh, and Chris, a certain lady-friend of mine says “hi” and wishes you well.

Demo Dick

I got up this morning and found myself staring at a pile of supplements that I really wanted to dive into. Rather than start the diet tomorrow, I decided to do it now.

I’m in the middle of my first shake as I type this.

I can hear the naysayers now. “Why in the hell would a guy your size do any kind of cutting diet, especially one like this?” “You need to just eat and train and not worry about your body fat or whether you can see abs.” “You just lost a quarter of your bodyweight and now you’re going to live on protein powder for 28 days?!?”

Well, I may tip the scales at a whopping 160, devoid of much of the muscle I carried years ago, but I also stand a towering five-foot three-inches tall and have a visible fat pouch in the front and love handles in the back. I’m at the very bottom end of the spectrum with regards to the recommended weight to begin this diet, and I know that when I’m done I will still have a long road ahead to get where I ultimately want to be.

I’ll gain mass later; as I mentioned, eating enough has never been a problem for me. I inhale food and can gut it out in the gym. But right now I’m going to finally cut the shit, lean out and re-boot my physique.

Sometimes you have to just grit your teeth and get it done.

Demo Dick

mmmm I LOVE the taste of MD, I don’t get how people can complain either.
Starting, 1 day early is finishing 1 day early. Cheers to you (raises shake).

btw, where in NC? I’m moving there in August.

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:

btw, where in NC? I’m moving there in August.[/quote]

There is an error in my profile. I’ve tried to fix it but it won’t take. I’m actually in CNY, Rochester area. Not sure where North Carolina comes from. I guess the Internets thinks that’s where I should be.

Demo Dick

[quote]Demo Dick wrote:
Polsen714 wrote:

btw, where in NC? I’m moving there in August.

There is an error in my profile. I’ve tried to fix it but it won’t take. I’m actually in CNY, Rochester area. Not sure where North Carolina comes from. I guess the Internets thinks that’s where I should be.

Demo Dick [/quote]

Interesting, I’m in Buffalo right now - been here all my 24 years

You guys have a Fuddrucker’s up there. I was ecstatic when I found that out, becuse I was driving visiting Dutch friends back from Niagra Falls and thought they should get a taste of a REAL American burger. They loved it.

Buffalo is probably one of the worst places to live when doing this diet. There is crap food everywhere. Rochester isn’t much better. Good thing I’m not prone to cheat on my diet any more.

Demo Dick

Boy the food here sure IS delicious! It’s all homemade and whatnot - the reason chain restaurants don’t last. But Fuds IS a great burger!
I was actually just thinking of how terrible the food here is when looking back through old college photos. The growth in people from freshman year to senior year is awful. I mean I know the whole freshman 15, but this is more like adding an additional 10 pounds every year. Niagara has been voted one of the worst dining halls in NYS.

Hello!!

just wanted to drop by and wish u luck!!!

x

[quote]Noreen wrote:
Hello!!

just wanted to drop by and wish u luck!!!

x[/quote]

Thanks, but I won’t need it. :slight_smile:

Demo Dick

Measurements

Height: 5’3
Weight: 160
Neck: 14.5
Shoulders: 45.25
Chest-Upper: 38.75
Chest-Lower: 33.75
Waist-at Navel: 32
Waist-at largest: 34.25
Hips-at largest: 37
Upper Arm-L: 13
Upper Arm-R: 13
Upper Leg-L: 22.25
Upper Leg-R: 23.25
Lower Leg-L: 14.75
Lower Leg-R: 15
Ankle-L: 9
Ankle-R: 8.75

Photos to come…

Demo Dick

Back

Side

Front

Downing the last shake of the day, which is chocolate with almond butter. NEPA was a 37 minute walk.

Pics are depressing and motivating at the same time.

Demo Dick

[quote]Demo Dick wrote:
Downing the last shake of the day, which is chocolate with almond butter. NEPA was a 37 minute walk.

Pics are depressing and motivating at the same time.

Demo Dick[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. I’m not sure what you are depressed about with your pics. It looks like you don’t have too far to go. If you’re like me though, the mirror seems to be much more forgiving than the pics my girlfriend took of me. I think psychologically I choose the good angles when I look in the mirror. haha. I’ll be stopping by to see your progress. Like Chris said, you are “OG”. I know you will kill it.