Biotest

Delectatus' V-Diet Training Log

Finally, my HOT-ROX got here after being on back order. It’s day zero and I’m about to eat my last dinner for 7 days. Shakes for tomorrow are pre-mixed in snack bags and I’m ready to go.

BODY MEASUREMENTS - 11-MAR-2010
Height: 5’9"
Weight: 225.4# (5:30 pm)
Neck: 15.5"
Shoulders: 52"
Chest - Upper: 45.5"
Chest - Lower: 44"
Waist - at Navel: 38.5"
Waist - at largest: 41"
Hips - at largest: 38"
Upper Arm - L: 14.5"
Upper Arm - R: 15.5"
Upper Leg - L: 27"
Upper Leg - R: 27"
Lower Leg - L: 17.5"
Lower Leg - R: 17.25"
Ankle - L: 10"
Ankle - R: 9.75"

VELOCITY DIET DAY 1

Summary: 100% diet, NEPA, and training compliance

• 5:00: 2 HOT-ROX + NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: “A History of Ancient Rome”
  • 5:45: Meal 1 (no Superfood or Flameout)
  • 7:30: Water + Superfood + Flameout
  • 9:00: Meal 2 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
  • 12:45: Meal 3 + Flameout
  • 2:00: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX + Fiber Choice
  • 4:15: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
  • 6:00: Workout + Surge
  • 7:45: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout

Notes: At work they had pizza, donuts, and soft drinks for lunch, which I did not touch. I drank my shake and listened to some teasing. I also took more teasing at meal 4 when it was noticed that I was drinking “a lot” of shakes. So be it. My NEPA walk was nothing compared to my unusually long work day, which consisted of walking up and down stairs while carrying hydraulic nuts and large bearing components, Workout was “spec” with exception of the bench press, where I did 2 x 32kg kettlebell floor presses and the front squat, where I used 2 x 32kg kettlebells. Rest periods held to 30 sec.

VELOCITY DIET DAY 2

Summary: 100% diet and NEPA compliance

6:30: HOT-ROX
6:45: NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: "A History of Ancient Rome"
7:30: Meal 1 (no Superfood or Flameout) + Fiber Choice
8:00: Water + Superfood + Flameout
9:30: Meal 2 + Flameout
12:00: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX
12:30: Meal 3 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
5:00: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
7:30: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Took my son to Chick-Fil-A to play and didn’t touch a thing.

VELOCITY DIET DAY 3 - 3/14/2010

7:30: HOT-ROX
7:45: NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: "A History of Ancient Rome"
8:30: Meal 1 + Flameout
9:10: Water + Superfood
10:45: Meal 2 + Flameout
12:00: Meal 3 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
12:30: 30 minute nap
1:15: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX
1:40: Workout
2:30: Surge
3:45: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
8:00: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Forgot about DST and woke up an hour late. Weighed 221.6# @ 7:30 AM. Every single shake today put me on trial, but I was not found wanting. I am now 10% done with the diet and halfway to my next meal. My wife made beef stew in the crock pot, which smelled great. I didn’t touch it.

Great job so far! I have listened to that same series! It was good, but I find that I am such a visual learner that if I only listen the facts kinda go in one ear and out the other…literally! What are V-Diet Cookies?

[quote]esietsma wrote:
Great job so far! I have listened to that same series! It was good, but I find that I am such a visual learner that if I only listen the facts kinda go in one ear and out the other…literally! What are V-Diet Cookies?[/quote]

V-Diet cookies: 1/4 cup water + 3 scoops chocolate protein + 1 scoop leucine + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter. Mix evenly and make 2 “cookies” on a sheet with aluminum foil over it. I bake for 9 minutes at 300 degrees in a convection oven.

I have to choke down each shake and my appetite has basically disappeared, so nibbling the cookies and drinking water has been very helpful.

It’s my second run through the Rome series, so it’s mostly review. I just need it to take my mind off the fact that it’s 5:00 AM and I can barely move my legs after 40 reps of heavy reverse lunges. :slight_smile:

VELOCITY DIET DAY 4 - 3/15/2010

Summary: 100% (?) diet and NEPA compliance

5:00: HOT-ROX + NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: "A History of Ancient Rome"
5:45: Meal 1 + Flameout
6:30: Water + Superfood
10:00: Meal 2 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
Missed: Meal 3 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
12:45: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX
4:15: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
7:45: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Weighed 222.0# @ 7:30 AM. Missed midday meal due to lack of appetite (I suspect it would not have stayed down). Felt very sore from yesterday, but energy levels are high. I started having strange cravings today. For a moment I wanted fried foods. Then, the desire faded and I wanted strawberries. This alternated a few times through the day, but never caused serious problems. I think I will have strawberries for dessert on HSM day. Overall, still going strong. I think I’ll survive.

Cookies, awesome! I make lemon ice with the vanilla and lemon extract…mocha’s with chocolate and instant coffee…banana bread shake with 1 part banana, 1 part chocolate, & cinnamon…try it, i swear they’re all awesome!

Anywho, don’t puke up any shakes, it burns

I dig your style.

VELOCITY DIET DAY 5 - 3/16/2010

5:15: HOT-ROX + NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: "A History of Ancient Rome"
6:00: Meal 1 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
7:00: Water + Superfood
10:00: Meal 2 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
Missed: Meal 3 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
1:30: HOT-ROX
2:15: Water + Superfood
4:00: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
6:00: Workout + Surge
8:20: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Weighed 221.4# @ 5:15 AM. The guy in the mirror is starting to look a little better. Lost track of time and forgot the midday shake again. There was a weak moment when someone in my office area microwaved something that smelled like chicken and marinara. I took a moment to consciously recall that the hunger would quickly pass, and it did. Although I am not fond of adding more caffeine to the HOT-ROX, I am finding that a bit of Coke Zero really helps settle the stomach down, so I’m rolling with it. I keep counting the days until my next meal, although that is probably more effective than counting the days until the end of the diet. Another day is in the books and I still feel very good and am adjusting well.

Polsen714: I like the “lemon ice” suggestion, but I didn’t order vanilla because I didn’t like it except as an ingredient in Berardi recipes. I have some Grow! Whey vanilla, but I’m staying as strict as possible with the sups. If I need to order more to cover the transition period, I will get a tub of vanilla. I will try the “banana bread” shake tomorrow. Since the banana has a nutty flavor to it, that sounds really good. I am also thinning the shakes just a bit and that seems to help with “keeping it down.”

Landwaster: Thanks, but I have to give credit. I remembered the cookies when reading about V-Diet 2.0 a couple of years ago. They are awesome. For me, they’re almost a V-Diet “enabler.”

VELOCITY DIET DAY 6 - 3/17/2010

Summary: 100% diet, training, and NEPA compliance

5:00: HOT-ROX + NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: "A History of Ancient Rome"
5:45: Meal 1 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
10:45: Meal 2 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
11:45: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX
3:30: Meal 3 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
4:30: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
5:30: V-Burn Challenge (33:40/Intermediate)
8:10: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Weighed 221.2# @ 5:00 AM. The banana bread shake (meal 1) was great! I will try a version of the banana bread shake in cookie form for lunch tomorrow. I am very sore, but spirits are high. My wife tried a one-day “trial” of the V-Diet yesterday and couldn’t stand it. She described herself feeling “stuffed and starving at the same time.” That’s not a bad description at all. She won’t pursue it any further, but rather has become further convinced she married a crazy SOB, which I can’t deny. SOLID MEAL TOMORROW!!!: sirloin steak and fried onions (no butter), sweet potato (dry), and strawberries for dessert. I have to slow it down, though. I still shovel food down and one of my V-Diet goals is to slow down and chew better. Tomorrow will be practice session #1.

I failed on cookies today. Dude, I haven’t ever failed on cookies - for reals.
I put too much water in. You said 1/4c for 3 scoops, well I only use 2 scoops of MD, so I didn’t use as much - but it was still too much.

I ate pudding.

Delicious, yes. But I wanted warm cookies.

BODY MEASUREMENTS - 18-MAR-2010 - DAY 7

Height: 5’9"
Weight: 225.4# -> 219.6# (-5.8#)
Neck: 15.5" -> 15.25" (-0.25")
Shoulders: 52" -> 51" (-1")
Chest - Upper: 45.5" -> 45.5" (-0")
Chest - Lower: 44" -> 43.5" (-0.5")
Waist - at Navel: 38.5" -> 37.5" (-1")
Waist - at largest: 41" -> 39" (-2")
Hips - at largest: 38" -> 38" (-0")
Upper Arm - L: 14.5" -> 13.5" (-1")
Upper Arm - R: 15.5" -> 14" (-1.5")
Upper Leg - L: 27" -> 27" (-0")
Upper Leg - R: 27" -> 27" (-0")
Lower Leg - L: 17.5" -> 17" (-0.5")
Lower Leg - R: 17.25" -> 17" (-0.5")
Ankle - L: 10" -> 9.5" (-0.5")
Ankle - R: 9.75" -> 9.5" (-0.5")

Total Weight Lost: 5.8#

Total Inches Lost: 9.25

Comments: Based on these measurements, I seem to be more symmetrical. Though I understand fat loss occurs in the extremities first, I’m surprised I lost that much in the arms. Also, the ankle measurements seem to indicate that I lost some retained water. But I’m very happy at having broken 220#.

VELOCITY DIET DAY 7 - 3/18/2010

5:00: HOT-ROX
5:30: NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: "A History of Ancient Rome"
6:10: Meal 1 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
11:00: Meal 2 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
1:00: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX
3:00: Meal 3 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
5:00: HSM (Romaine and spinach salad with Gourmet Nutrition Rosemary Eggplant oil and vinegar dressing, sirloin steak, fried onions without butter, dry sweet potato, strawberries for dessert, water to drink) + Flameout
8:00: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Weighed 219.6# @ 5:00 AM. Had an “off-site lunch meeting” at a pizza joint and stayed compliant. HSM followed guidelines to the letter. For the first seven days, I was 100% in compliance in all respects (diet, training, NEPA) except missing a couple of mid-day shakes.

Keep up the good work man. Are you going to be posting pictures? I find they are the most fulfilling part of the diet, and help you stay compliant. Plus it makes people click on your log more

[quote] NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: “A History of Ancient Rome”
[/quote]

This inspired me to hit up iTunes U. My AM NEPA will be “Colonial and Revolutionary America.” My PM will be CSIS-Middle East & North Africa.

May as well get my learn on whilst power walking…

Cheers

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Keep up the good work man. Are you going to be posting pictures? I find they are the most fulfilling part of the diet, and help you stay compliant. Plus it makes people click on your log more[/quote]

I did take pictures on day zero. I’ll think about posting them, but I’m not going after “most popular V-Diet log.” I’m not big on forums and I surprise myself that I am posting this log. We’ll see.

But, thanks! I actually tried it once a couple of years ago and completely bombed out at 3 days. But then I had enough protein for various John Berardi recipes for months!

[quote]Landwaster wrote:
This inspired me to hit up iTunes U. My AM NEPA will be “Colonial and Revolutionary America.” My PM will be CSIS-Middle East & North Africa.

May as well get my learn on whilst power walking…

Cheers[/quote]

I’ll be hitting the “Patriots” Portable Professor lectures on revolutionary America again for days 15-28. Good choice.

VELOCITY DIET DAY 8 - 3/19/2010

5:45: Meal 1 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
11:00: Meal 2 + Flameout
2:00: HOT-ROX
3:30: Meal 3 + Flameout + Superfood
5:00: Meal 4 + Flameout
6:30: Workout + Surge
9:00: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Not much to say. It was another V-Diet day. I attended another free lunch at work and made it through without missing a beat.

VELOCITY DIET DAY 9 - 3/20/2010

• 8:00: HOT-ROX >> Meal 1 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
  • 9:00: Water + Superfood
  • 9:30: + NEPA walk while listening to B&N Portable Professor series: “A History of Ancient Rome”
  • 10:30: Meal 2 + Flameout
  • 1:30: Meal 3 + Flameout
  • 2:00: Nap
  • 3:00: Water + Superfood + HOT-ROX
  • 5:30: Meal 4 + Flameout + Fiber Choice
  • 8:00: Meal 5 (V-Diet cookies) + Water + Flameout + Fiber Choice

Notes: Weighed 219.4# @ 8:00 am. Sunny and 76 here in south Georgia. Got my nap on… woo hoo! TONS of NEPA today beyond the walk. I hope it wasn’t too much: squatting, lifting, and throwing rocks and shoveling mud. I added paprika to meal 2, but it didn’t affect the flavor, so I added chili powder. It tasted the same with a spicy aftertaste, so it wasn’t what I was going for. I also made some coconut ghee today for my wife to try. I made her a tuna melt and used the ghee on the bread. Cooking for others while on the V-Diet? Now I’ve been there, done that. Not so much as a calorie was licked off my finger. After her cooking (and reheating) some very aromatic beef stew, it was pretty easy. Hunger has been bothering me a little more than in the first week, but when I see the results in the mirror, that’s motivation enough. I must have much more muscle than I used to a couple years back when I got to 190 because even at 219 I’m starting to see muscular definition approaching what I once had at 200. I guess training discipline and longevity is on my side. Now, hopefully I will have dietary discipline and stay lean because I do NOT want to do this again.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.