Biotest

Dehydrated on Velocity Diet

I am on my 10th day of the Velocity diet and I'm looking good so far.  It is easier than I expected it to be also.  The one problem I've had is that I have felt dehydrated.  I drink plenty of water, and with the shakes plus drinking water I am peeing all the time.  Is there any way this dehydrated feeling is from lack of sodium or electrolytes? If so, would it be a bad idea to add an extra supplement for that. Thanks

The V-Diet usually has people drinking more water than they normally do, and the sodium levels are low-ish but adequate. (The natural nut butter should contain salt.) If you’d like to add some sodium to see if that does anything, that’s fine, but of course do not add Gatorade or anything that would pound in extra calories/sugar.

Is it a mouth based feeling of dehydration and a weird taste? You might be experiencing Ketosis. I get it on and off and notice feeling more dry when I dip into it.

The way I look at it too is that you don’t have the sugar in your body to buffer the water whilst on the diet and there’s not a whole lot you can do about it other than taking sodium like Chris said. I tend to take magnesium and potassium (diet salt) though instead of Na so as to not get cramps. I’m predisposed to cramping though.

If it’s mouth-feel of dehydration then some sugar free gum helps heaps. Other than that just keep drinking the water and give your body time to adjust.

I’m ~ 230lbs and try to get in at least 6L of water a day and generally feel fine.

Jesus, are some people really able to enter ketosis on the velocity diet?? That seems near impossible to me if following the guidelines.

[quote]matthew_gray wrote:
Jesus, are some people really able to enter ketosis on the velocity diet?? That seems near impossible to me if following the guidelines. [/quote]

Most people don’t. Surge Recovery prevents that (which is a good thing - keto isn’t desirable here.)

I dip in and out of it depending on activity level is all. It’s pretty noticeable because it’s not a consistent state.

Some weights and walking everyday isn’t really exercise to me :slight_smile: