Biotest

Decided to Take the Plunge

Hello all! I started the V-diet on March 11 to get my nutrional based kick started. I’ve always been motivated to kick ass in the gym but slacked when it came to nutrition.

I’m hoping the V-diet will motivate me to keep up a good nutritional regime and maintain a body fat in the single digits. I started lifting a little over 2 and a half years ago and have made great progress. Went from being a 170lb skinny fat kid to a 208lb decent sized gym goer.

I’ll be writing my log daily to keep everyone informed in the progress I’ve made and to keep myself motivated. I ordered all my supplements last week and they arrived on Tuesday just in time to start on Wednesday. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning going through all the supplements in the 2 boxes that had arrived haha. Heres the pics, stats, and log.

Also I have no photography skills at all. I will definitely have someone take the pictures for me next time lol.

Height: 6’2"
Weight: 206lbs
Neck: 15"
Shoulders: 51"
Chest-Upper: 43"
Chest-Lower: 40"
Waist-At Navel: 34"
Waist-At Largest: 34.5"
Hips-At Largest: 35"
Upper Arm-L: 15"
Upper Arm-R: 15.3"
Upper Leg-L: 24"
Upper Leg-R: 24.2"
Lower Leg-L: 15"
Lower Leg-R: 15.5"
Ankle-L: 9"
Ankle-R: 9"
Forearm-L: 13.5"
Forearm-R: 13.5"

Day 1:

Woke up at 7:00 A.M. and popped 2 HOT-ROX (I had forgotten how powerful HOT-ROX are and was definitely not ready for the amount of energy they provide. Having a desk job makes it worse because I’m shaking my knee up and down for the first 3 hours of the day lol.)

At 7:30 A.M. I took 1 Multi-Vitamin, 1 Receptor Max, and 1 serving of Biotest BCAAs (I decided to tryout the Receptormax. And I know Chris mentioned you get enough BCAAs from the L-Leucine and Surge, but I’m paranoid about losing muscle mass.)

8:00 A.M. I had my Breakfast Shake: 2 scoops of Strawberry Metabolic Drive, 2 Scoops Superfood, 1 Serving of Flax Seed, 1 Scoop L-Leucine popped a Flameout Pill and a Fiber Choice Tablet (they’re not bad btw)

10:30 A.M. Took 1 Receptor Max

11:00 A.M. Lunch Shake: 2 scoops Banana Metabolic Drive, 1 Scoop L-Leucine (I like the Banana flavor pretty good IMO) and of course took 1 Flameout (I really enjoy Flameout because when I burp I don’t have Fish Oil breath much like the lower end Fish Oils on the market) and a Fiber Choice tablet.

2:00 P.M. Snack Shake: 2 Scoops Chocolate MD (DELICIOUS!) and a fiber choice tablet.

4:45 P.M. 1 Receptor Max

5:20ish P.M. Had Dinner Shake: 2 Scoops Vanilla MD, 1 Scoop Leucine, 1 Serving Milled Flax Seed (took the 2 scoops of Superfood in a glass of water before drinking the shake. I didn’t think Superfood + Vanilla would taste too good.) and had a fiber choice tablet and 1 Flameout.

At 6:00 P.M. I headed to the gym and got there at about 6:15 A.M. as soon as i got there I popped 3 Receptor Max pills and Hopped on the Treadmill for a 20 Minute NEPA Walk at 4.0 MPH. (I sipped on Surge Workout Fuel during my walk on the Treadmill, it was lemonade flavor… I thought it tasted allright)

Started my workout after my walk. I decided to go with the Advanced Program. Here is the weight / rep scheme I accomplished:

Bent-Over Barbell Row @ 205lbs 5 sets of 4 (205 was a good weight I maintained my speed through the reps and the 30 second rest period was enough to accomplish my goal of 5 sets of 4)

Overhead Squat @ 135 4,4,4,4,2,2 (I decided to Snatch the weight into overhead position so I was using Snatch Grip for the overhead squats. The first 2 sets were fairly easy, the third and 4th set i wanted to die.

Gathered my composure for the 5th set on the 3rd rep of the 5 set the weight shifted a little bit infront of me and I was forced to put the weight down… composed myself in about 5 seconds looked in the mirror and asked myself if i wanted it. I snatched the weight up and pushed out the last 2 reps. I felt like a beast.)

Dips with belt @ 80 lbs 5 sets of 4n(I thought these would be harder than they actually were. I’m going to move up to two plates next week)

I didn’t have access to an AB roller so I did hanging knee raises with a 10lb medicine ball. 4 sets of 5

Finished up the workout with a 10 minute NEPA Walk.

7:30ish P.M. had 2 scoops of Surge Recovery

9:00 P.M. Did 30 minute NEPA Walk while watching new south park (Wasn’t that good)

9:45 P.M. Before Bed Time Shake: 3 Scoops Chocolate MD, 1 Scoop Leucine, 2 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter (MAN WAS THIS THING GOOD!)

Asleep at roughly 10:30 p.m.

Thoughts about day 1:
The only time I was hungry was around 8:00 A.M. when I am used to having a big breakfast. The rest of the day went fine.

I had ample amount of energy for the gym. I didn’t take a 2nd dose of HOT-ROX because I was still feeling the first dose pretty hard. I will be taking two doses on the 12th. I also had no problems falling asleep.

Front Relaxed:

Side Relaxed:

Back Relaxed:

The Goods!

Good luck Ong, I know you will stick with it. I’m doing it for a 2nd time myself and plan on starting in 4 days. I can’t wait for the workouts in V3.

If you don’t have an ab wheel yet throw a couple of 25 lb plates on an EZ bar and use that as an ab wheel instead.

Sloan

V-Diet Day 2 :: March 12th

Woke up at 7:00 A.M. and popped 2 HOT-ROX (Once again they gave me ALOT of energy. Also I have experienced a “heart burn” type feel when I take them. One side effect that I particulary enjoy when taking them is a loss of apeptite.)

At 7:30 A.M. I took 1 Multi-Vitamin, 1 ReceptorMax, and 1 serving of Biotest BCAAs

8:00 A.M. I had my Breakfast Shake: 2 scoops of Strawberry MD, 2 Scoops Superfood, 1 Serving of Flax Seed, 1 Scoop L-Leucine popped a Flameout Pill and a Fiber Choice Tablet (The tablets are one circle with a line through it to make it easy to break in half. I assume one half is one tablet. So I’ve been taking 1 tab with each shake.

10:30 A.M. Took 1 ReceptorMax (If you were wondering I don’t feel anything when I take these. I might experience something if I wasn’t all hopped up on HOT-ROX.)

11:00 A.M. Lunch Shake: 2 scoops Banana MD, 1 Scoop L-Leucine, 1 Flameout and a Fiber Choice tablet.

1:30 P.M. Took 1 HOT-ROX (Was still hopped up on the first serving of HOT-ROX but decided to up the dosage. Will take 2 HOT-ROX tomorrow)

2:00 P.M. 1 ReceptorMax

2:30 P.M. Snack Shake: 2 Scoops Chocolate MD and a fiber choice tablet. (Waited a little bit longer today because of the 2nd serving of HOT-ROX.)

4:45 P.M. 1 ReceptorMax

5:20ish P.M. Had Dinner Shake: 2 Scoops Vanilla MD, 1 Scoop Leucine, 1 Serving Milled Flax Seed and had a fiber choice tablet and 1 Flameout. Once again had 2 scoops superfood in a glass of water (It tastes like a very very bad tea. Doesn’t taste bad at all when mixed with Strawberry MD)

8:15 P.M. 1 ReceptorMax

8:45 P.M. Before Bed Time Shake: 3 Scoops Chocolate MD, 1 Scoop Leucine, 2 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter, 1 Flameout (I look forward to this thing everyday)

9:00 P.M. Hour long NEPA walk (I watched that new show called Warriors on the history channel during this which made it enjoyable)

10:30 P.M. 1 Serving Biotest BCAAs, 1 Serving ZMA, 2 Z-12 pills.

Asleep around 11:15ish P.M.

Final Thoughts Day 2:

Once again the only time I felt really hungry was around my normal breakfast time. I’m sure this will subside in a week or so once my body adjusts. I think I will also break up the NEPA walks into 2 30 minute sessions, it gets kind of boring. I have alot of energy even with the low calorie intake I attribute this to the HOT-ROX. I also feel “lighter”, I guess without all the big carb meals spiking my blood sugar I feel less tired throughout the day.

Random Things:

• I’ll be taking ZMA the nights before gym days. They really do boost my T-levels which make them great for gym days. I love this stuff.

• I’ve noticed 2 Z-12 pills is plenty for a nights rest. I’ve also noticed that the Z-12 stays in my system somewhat because the next night even without taking them I sleep like a zombie. So I will be taking these every other day.

• I drink alot of water throught the day. Not including the water in the shakes I take in about a gallon on non-workout days, a gallon and a half on workout days. I will brew up some green tea soon to start drinking that as well.

Thanks for the support Sergeant Sloan! I purchased an AB wheel from Academy sports. So no need to worry about that. I hope you post a log of your v-diet experience. I’ll be looking forward to how you do!!

dude more posts!

How was your HSM? Let me know if you don?t get your copy of Precision Nutrition before your next one. I am looking forward to seeing your results when you?re finished as I might have to hit up the V-Diet when I?m finished with the HSS-100. These posts are great man, keep it up and keep the diet up. Sorry if I sound spastic but I am all fueled up on Spike right now!

hey fool i know you are in florida but post some damn progress! better not be falling off of the bandwagon during the break…and if so…i won’t be your training partner! it’ll be hard…damn hard. and i’ll probably cry. alot.

Come on Ong, where are the updates? I can’t imagine you not hitting the gym for a week.