Biotest

Decided to Start Bulking

Chris,
I recently decided to start bulking…I’ve been “cutting,” and I realized that carb cycling was not going to work. I’m 6 foot 2 and 180 pounds. I’m not “jacked,” I still have some bodyfat, and it was brought to my attention that the only way to really get that ripped look was to first put on muscle, then lose the fat. I don’t like it, but I’ve been told that in order to put on muscle, I’m going to put on a little fat…

Anyway, I’ve decided to do a modified carb cycle - eat for the day kind of thing. I’m going to ingest around 225-275g carb on training days, and 150-175 on non training days, and maybe once a week even throw in a super low carb day, around 70-80 g carb. Would this make sense? Also, people tell me to stop doing all cardio. I’ve been running distance and HIIT a lot lately. Should I really stop? I can understand that I should stop doing distance runs, but do I really have to stop doing HIIT?

Also, on my normal carb days, I’m trying to get around 3000-3500 calories. My carbs come from 1 cup oats for breakfast, 1 FINiBARand a scoop of Surge periworkout, and an apple the meal after workout. The rest of my carbs are from salad and veges, etc…Many people on the bodybuilding thread say that I need more carbs…What do you think? I read your article about clean bulking and I think I’ll be fine, but I wanted a second opinion. Anyway, I don’t want to gain any fat…I want to keep losing fat in fact - but i’ve been told that dieting is stupid for a 20 year old, 6 foot 2, 180 pound male…What do you think? Lastly, what are some good calorically dense foods other than dairy products? It’s hard to eat even 3,000 cals of healthy food in one day. My diet as of late:

MEAL 1: 1 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup oats, 1/2 scoop Metabolic Drive
PERIWORKOUT: 1 FINiBAR before, 1 scoop Surge + 1 scoop Grow! Whey after
MEAL 3: large salad (w/ tomato and bell pepper and dressing), 2 chicken breasts, 1 apple
MEAL 4: 2 servings almonds and sometimes some celery, etc…
MEAL 5: fish or lean turkey burgers w/ a bag of veges, 1 tbsp EVOO
MEAL 6: before bed: 2 scoop Metabolic Drive w/ a tbsp or 2 EVOO, sometimes I’ll snack on some sunflower seeds as well…

Like I said, I really don’t want to get “fat.” I’m scared of bulking, and according to many bodybuilders, this diet will not suffice. The macros:

cal ~ 3,000
carb - 215g
fat - 100g
pro - 285g
sugar - 75g

Thanks a lot! by the way, love your work…

Rather that reviewing all of this and responding in detail (because I have a sneaking suspicion that you’ll be on another plan in two weeks or less), I’ll just link you to my mass diet article and advice therein:

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.