Biotest

Deadlifts & Planks for V-Diet Workouts

Hi,

For anyone that knows the answers:

1. What is the difference between the Romanian Deadlift and a regular Deadlift (they both look the same from the pictures and videos).

2. For the Plank holds, how many sets of these do you perform until failure? Until you can’t hold a plank at all or are you trying to reach a number of total minutes of hold?

Thanks,
Jumpoff

[quote]jumpoff wrote:
Hi,

For anyone that knows the answers:

1. What is the difference between the Romanian Deadlift and a regular Deadlift (they both look the same from the pictures and videos).

2. For the Plank holds, how many sets of these do you perform until failure? Until you can’t hold a plank at all or are you trying to reach a number of total minutes of hold?

Thanks,
Jumpoff[/quote]

exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBDeadlift.html
exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/RomanianDeadlift.html

Stretch67,

Thanks for the links. From those links, the Romanian deadlift looks a lot like a stiff-leg deadlift. But in the V-Diet training videos, I can’t distinguish between the regular deadlift and the Romanian ones.

Thanks again.

Anyone have an answer regarding the planks?

[quote]jumpoff wrote:
Stretch67,

Thanks for the links. From those links, the Romanian deadlift looks a lot like a stiff-leg deadlift. But in the V-Diet training videos, I can’t distinguish between the regular deadlift and the Romanian ones.

Thanks again.

Anyone have an answer regarding the planks?

[/quote]

Tyron wrote:
In regards to the hold exercises such as the plank and side plank, how many sets should we perform since the other exercises are a maximum of 40-50 reps? 2-3 sets with a 45 second rest in between?

Thanks.

Tyron

Hold as long as possible. Keep the rest periods as is.

Also in terms of stiff-legged vs Romanian, the way I do it is that when I do Romanian - I emphasize pushing my rear end out like a good morning while when I do stiff-legged I just more or less bend at the waist. I hope this helps.

cool, thanks … I guess i’ll do sets of the the plank holds until I can’t hold it for even 5 seconds anymore.

The way you described your Romanian deadlifts is how I’ve always done the “straight leg” deadlifts. Oh well, probably working about the same muscles.