Biotest

Deadlift Advice

Hello Chris,

Today I went and found the most muscled, thickest Personal Trainer at my gym to ask for some help with my Romenian Deadlift. He helped quite a bit, I think. The only question I had was his advice about the ball of my foot and ankle “popping out” meaning I couldn’t seem to keep my feet straight. He said that my adductor needed some work and that my laterals were too tight. He suggested I get on the inner thigh machine (don’t remember the name) and work my adductors before deadlifting.

My questions:

1. is the advice on the Deadlift accurate?

2. If he is correct, how do you suggest adding in this exercise to the Weds routine or any rotation that has the Romenian Deadlift?

Thank you!

Can’t say I’d ever recommend an “inner/outer” thigh machine. Never heard of using it for this issue honestly, but maybe the guy is smarter than me. Band work is probably more appropriate here, if he diagnosed this correctly.

I’d suggest using our search engine and seeing what our coaches say about it. I’m sure there’s something with 13 years of articles in the archives.

ROFLMAO. Thanks for the reply. He is the third PT I have talked to at this gym. I already decided the first two were misinformed. I liked this one until he said go get on the machine.

I’m just barely 5 foot tall and I have never felt I fit on any of the gym machines. That’s how I started into lifting 20 years ago.

You should get some videos up, and post them here! That way people can really see what’s going on and give you advice! Throw it in the beginner section or something! Hope that’s an option!

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
You should get some videos up, and post them here! That way people can really see what’s going on and give you advice! Throw it in the beginner section or something! Hope that’s an option! [/quote]

Good advice! Lots of great eyes here that will be glad to help out.