Biotest

Dead-Squat Bar

Hey CS, just wanted to know if the dead/squat bar will be avaiable to everyone to purchase or just indigo users? I have been looking into purchasing a trap bar for some time now, but holding out until this bar becomes available. Thanks in advance.

The dead-squat bar will be available to everyone. Not sure what the ETA is right now. We’re going to test the final prototype soon, then begin production after that.

UPDATE: Now available at the TNation store! http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/dead-squat-bar

Thanks for the response CS! I know you are unsure on the ETA, but in your honest opinion would you expect it to be available for purchase within a month, or likely a bit longer? I read before that the price is going to be fairly resonable too compared with other trap bars, can’t wait, and I know I am not the only one.

I honestly don’t know when it’ll be for sale, but keep an eye on the site and the Live Coaching Training Lab for the latest. I’ll probably be sneak-peeking some photos in there once we get the final prototype in for testing.

It’s out!

It looks like a trap bar with slightly pronated handles.

Great comparison photo taken by Ben Bruno. Dead-Squat bar at bottom (obviously) compared to standard trap bar.

Update

Note: Dead-Squat bars in black and red now available! http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/dead-squat-bar

@Shugs: what do think the possibilities are for getting an Indigo colored or branded Dead-Squat Bar? Do you think Tim would do this?

[quote]ill21luz wrote:
@Shugs: what do think the possibilities are for getting an Indigo colored or branded Dead-Squat Bar? Do you think Tim would do this?
[/quote]

It’s possible. I don’t think there any current plans for more colors, at least not right away, but from what I’ve heard an indigo-like blue would be next on the list or at least a top choice.

@CS: Thanks for the response. This makes the decision so hard now. I’m ready to pull the trigger on the red one but I don’t want to kick myself later if an indigo-like blue one comes out in a few weeks…decisions, decisions

@CS: i want to make sure that my bench/rack is wide enough to hold the Dead-Squat bar, I see the total length on the Dead-Squat Bar page, but would you be able to tell me the dimensions of the rackable portion? (E.g. beginning/inner portion of collar to the beginning/inner portion of the other collar; or end on one side of the frame to the other side of the frame)

Thanks.

[quote]ill21luz wrote:
@CS: Thanks for the response. This makes the decision so hard now. I’m ready to pull the trigger on the red one but I don’t want to kick myself later if an indigo-like blue one comes out in a few weeks…decisions, decisions
[/quote]

Well, the blue may never happen. I’ve just heard it mentioned as a possible future option.

I’ll try to get those measurements when I’m at the Biotest office. Remind me if I forget.

Great, thanks so much! You guys rock!

[quote]ill21luz wrote:
@CS: i want to make sure that my bench/rack is wide enough to hold the Dead-Squat bar, I see the total length on the Dead-Squat Bar page, but would you be able to tell me the dimensions of the rackable portion? (E.g. beginning/inner portion of collar to the beginning/inner portion of the other collar; or end on one side of the frame to the other side of the frame)

Thanks.[/quote]

From the start of the inner portion of the collar to the other side of the other inner portion is a touch over 54inches long. Hopefully that makes sense and answers your question, i have a Rogue Fitness R-6 rack and it is 52" wide and it fits perfect.

@Eazy: Awesome, this is exactly what I needed! Thanks!

How long are the loading pins on the bar? I just placed an order for a watson shrug bar because I’m over in the UK and the shipping for the dead-squat bar is a bit expensive but the loading pins are only 30cm long. I feel like the buy right buy once rule applies here though and I might bite the bullet and pay for the extra shipping because this bar just seems so amazing.