Biotest

Day 8, Am I Doing it Wrong?

I have only lost not quite 2 pounds. I’m not just discouraged about that; I’m downright depressed. And yet, I still press on… what am I doing wrong? I am working out hard and doing the diet exactly as prescribed…

[quote]mocamccarty wrote:
I have only lost not quite 2 pounds. I’m not just discouraged about that; I’m downright depressed. And yet, I still press on… what am I doing wrong? I am working out hard and doing the diet exactly as prescribed… [/quote]

Peering into crystal ball… very cloudy… wait, I see something! Nope, sorry, that was just a smudge… needs some Windex…

Kidding, kidding, but… I can’t say what you’re doing wrong obviously. What, exactly, are you doing? You could be messing up somewhere, or maybe it’s just a scale issue. How how the measurements? Details please.

oh, hey, maybe there’s something wrong with my scale… but i weighed myself the next morning and i’m actually down 4.8 lbs. while i thought it’d be more at first, that’s great - i’ll take it!

i’ll have to get you the measurements soon. THANKS!

Unless you’re a Biggest-Loser tv show candidate, you’re probably gonna be disappointed as hell in the end if the scale is your only tool to mesure progress.

have a Qualified Personal Trainer mesure your bodyfat % and compare as you go along the Diet. This give a broader perspective on progress, as the scale won’t discern if you’re packing on muscle or not while losing fat.

You must keep doing this moca! 4+ lbs. in one week is great keep up the great work you’ll be so happy you did.

I would assume that how hard you work in the gym is also a big factor in this equation.

If your dissatisfy with your results you could always go the “more effort/intensity” route.

More painful, but certainly effective.

Thanks for the encouragement, support and advice! I will try stepping it up in the gym… I do work out pretty hard, but I could maybe try pushing a bit harder.

One strategy that I use is adding a little extra on day 1 & 3 of the advanced routine prescribed in the V-Diet program, as I feel the 20 reps total per exercice being a bit light.

At the end of the workout, I’m adding 5 sets of complexes with olympic lifts before my corrective exercices and soft tissue work.

Cosgrove wroth a fantastic article on complexes done in a metabolic boosting fashion. in the article he’s suggesting doing them in the beginning of your workout but I prefer using them as a fisnishing touch.

Hope that helps.

Did you not take measurements at the beginning? If not that is a big mistake.

Did you eat a lot of carbs before this diet? If not then you won’t be loosing much glycogen and water weight.

If you didn’t eat adequate protein before this diet you could actually be gaining muscle at a pretty advanced pace.

If you were not properly digesting your food because of a low level of digestive enzymes or stomach acid issues you could also be digesting the protein better and gaining muscle pretty fast.

So many factors it is hard to say, but I’d wait at least another week before panicking. The body does not make progress linearly.