Biotest

Day 6 - Am I Doing Something Wrong?

My problem is the opposite from what other people have. This diet does not seem to be hurting ENOUGH. From what I’ve heard, the Velocity Diet is supposed to be way, way hardcore and difficult. But it has been cake for me so far, and on day 6 I’ve lost about five pounds. So I’m thinking I’m doing something wrong, maybe I should be losing MORE weight.

If anything, my biggest issue is finishing all my shakes. I’m 180#, 31% bf, female. I lift about 3-4 days a week.

Here’s my calorie breakdown.

NON-TRAINING DAYS
1320 calories:
990 calories from protein powder (9 scoops of Metabolic Drive = 180g)
90 calories from 10 fish oil caps (10 caps total)
240 calories from milled flax seeds (8tbsp total)

TRAINING DAYS
1500 calories:
990 calories from protein powder (9 scoops of Metabolic Drive = 180g)
90 calories from 10 fish oil caps (10 caps total)
300 calories from milled flax seeds (8tbsp total)
120 calories from frozen berries in post-workout shake (30g carbs total)

Any ideas? Should I be eating less? What do you think?

(I posted this in the “Support Group” thread before realizing there was an actual FORUM. I’m dumb.)

[quote]jfreeman wrote:
I lift about 3-4 days a week.[/quote]

Are you doing the recommended training outlined here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2155200

[quote]jfreeman wrote:
My problem is the opposite from what other people have. This diet

TRAINING DAYS
[/quote]

Why are you not using Surge?

Been fine for me too, and I am only lower kcals. Nothing to be worried about.

In fact I am starting to get into the groove.

[quote]jfreeman wrote:
I lift about 3-4 days a week.[/quote]

Are you doing the recommended training outlined here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2155200

[quote]jfreeman wrote:
My problem is the opposite from what other people have. This diet

TRAINING DAYS
[/quote]

Why are you not using Surge?

I’m not using Surge because I make too little money. I figured high-quality carbs would be the next best thing.

I do competitive Olympic lifting, so no, my lifting is not the same either. Do you think I should reduce the calories more for training days?

No, I would just stick it out.

You’ve lost 5 lbs in 6 days. What more do you expect?!

This diet is a hardcore diet. I know how you feel though, it really wasn’t difficult once you see some quick results and you’re so psyched you don’t even know you’re hungry. A little bit of will power takes you a long way.

I wish I was like you, OP. I was alone in the house with nothing to do today(the wife is visiting her parents), so I’m around food with little to take my mind off of it.

I think I am really going to enjoy my TB of PB tonight. The lower kcal thing is messing with me… I can’t focus. But, stay on course and you should do fine. I don’t think that this diet has NOT worked for anyone.

Keep on keeping on. I am on day 11 and have yet to really struggle with the “I can’t eat” issue. I cannot take the flax seeds due to my diverticultis problems…gut. So I take glucomannan to keep things moving and it seems to fill me up and stay that way. Overall the only times I feel hungry or foody…I read something to take my mind off food. Idle minds are bad. Had a great workout today and am ready to rock.
Everyone out there on this program is different and will encounter different problems. You can do it. Don’t give in.