Biotest

Day 5 of V-Diet - Gastrointestinal Upset

Chris,

I’m on day 5 and from the beginning of the diet I’ve been experiencing some intestinal upset. I’ve been following the program to a T and using all Biotest supplements. My bowel movements haven’t been regular since I started. Without getting into too much detail lets just say they started off extra loose so yesterday I cut the flax out completely for the day.

Last night and this morning I’m experiencing diarrhea. So I am thinking maybe it is a lack of fiber since the symptoms seem to have gotten worse. My question is do you think it was the flax in the beginning and since I cut it out the symptoms got worse because of a lack of fiber?

Or do you think it was a lack of fiber from the beginning and that I might need more than the recommended 2 servings of flax meal a day? If it is the flax do you have any suggestions for a fiber replacement that would provide approximately the same fiber content?

I hope this isn’t confusing or too circular. I’m absolutely determined to complete the diet even if it means dealing with some unhappy bowel movements. I would just like to get it resolved because other than that I’m feeling great and can already feel and see some results!

There’s really no way for me to say. Any change it a regular diet, even a healthy one, can cause things to go one way or the other, from loose to constipation. And it may not be a fiber issues at all, but rather something like a probiotic would help.

And just in case, make sure you’ve kept your flax and nut butter in the fridge as these can go rancid quickly.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
There’s really no way for me to say. Any change it a regular diet, even a healthy one, can cause things to go one way or the other, from loose to constipation. And it may not be a fiber issues at all, but rather something like a probiotic would help.

And just in case, make sure you’ve kept your flax and nut butter in the fridge as these can go rancid quickly. [/quote]

Chris,

Thank you for the quick response. I was actually thinking it maybe a probiotic issue as well. I have some HLC Synbiotic Intensive by Pharmax. Would that be alright to take along with the diet. Here is a link. I don’t want to do anything that would adversely affect the diet. Thank you for all the help.

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/HLC-Synbiotic-Intensive-7-packets-by-Pharmax-Non-Returnable_p_58.html#tablist

I’ve never really used probiotics, but that should be fine.