Biotest

Day 5, About to Quit


#1

I started the V-Diet on Monday. The first 2 days were OK. Wed, Thurs, and so far today have been awful. My stomach is the most upset it has ever been. I feel nauseous almost constantly and have already thrown up once. This morning I couldn’t even force down my morning shake. I ended up dumping it down the drain after a couple drinks.

Im really not sure what to do. I don’t know if my body isn’t digesting the protein well or the flax seeds or what exactly. If I didn’t feel like I was going to puke, I would feel pretty much normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.


#2

Try this before you quit: stop adding the flax for a day. Flax can be rough on some folks. And remember that flax must be kept in the fridge or it can go rancid.

Also, quick question: Are you using the suggested products? No substitutions? Because we show that you haven’t purchased a V-Diet package.


#3

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Try this before you quit: stop adding the flax for a day. Flax can be rough on some folks. And remember that flax must be kept in the fridge or it can go rancid.

Also, quick question: Are you using the suggested products? No substitutions? Because we show that you haven’t purchased a V-Diet package.

[/quote]

Ill give that a try and thanks for the super quick response. I had a feeling it could be the flax but I wasn’t sure. Should I maybe substitute some flax seed oil in instead?

I won’t lie and tell you Im using all Biotest products. I couldn’t afford nearly $600 in supplements so I had to find some savings. I purchased Dymatize Elite Gourmet whey/casein protein blend. The rest of the supplements are all Biotest which I purchased here on T-Nation, some a few months ago when I was thinking about doing this diet and then the rest recently when I committed to doing it.

Thanks again for your help.


#4
  1. No, the flax is mostly for the fiber and with oil you won’t get that. Should be fine to back off the flax seed for a while, then reintroduce it slowly.

  2. Well, you can’t expect great results or problem-free V-Dieting when you buy products not made for the V-Diet.

And it’s only fair that before you say that my diet is giving you problems that you admit you’re not using the correct products, especially the main one: Metabolic Drive. Basically, you’re not on the real V-Diet.


#5

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

  1. No, the flax is mostly for the fiber and with oil you won’t get that. Should be fine to back off the flax seed for a while, then reintroduce it slowly.

  2. Well, you can’t expect great results or problem-free V-Dieting when you buy products not made for the V-Diet.

And it’s only fair that before you say that my diet is giving you problems that you admit you’re not using the correct products, especially the main one: Metabolic Drive. Basically, you’re not on the real V-Diet.

[/quote]

Well then I guess its also fair to say that I can’t afford over priced supplements. Lets be honest with ourselves, protein powder is protein powder. You can try and convince me that your protein is special in some ways but the fact is it’s no different than others. It is simply a whey and casein blend.

I didn’t come here to try and attack YOUR DIET. I want it to work, hope it will work, know it can work. I simply came here to ask for help. I spent a good amount of money here on T-Nation on supplements besides Metabolic Drive. I supported this site and you and YOUR DIET best I could. I simply couldn’t afford all of the supplements.


#6

[quote]mpgolfpro wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

  1. No, the flax is mostly for the fiber and with oil you won’t get that. Should be fine to back off the flax seed for a while, then reintroduce it slowly.

  2. Well, you can’t expect great results or problem-free V-Dieting when you buy products not made for the V-Diet.

And it’s only fair that before you say that my diet is giving you problems that you admit you’re not using the correct products, especially the main one: Metabolic Drive. Basically, you’re not on the real V-Diet.

[/quote]

Well then I guess its also fair to say that I can’t afford over priced supplements. Lets be honest with ourselves, protein powder is protein powder. You can try and convince me that your protein is special in some ways but the fact is it’s no different than others. It is simply a whey and casein blend.

I didn’t come here to try and attack YOUR DIET. I want it to work, hope it will work, know it can work. I simply came here to ask for help. I spent a good amount of money here on T-Nation on supplements besides Metabolic Drive. I supported this site and you and YOUR DIET best I could. I simply couldn’t afford all of the supplements.

[/quote]

Again, I sincerely thank you for your help.


#7

[quote]mpgolfpro wrote:
Lets be honest with ourselves, protein powder is protein powder. You can try and convince me that your protein is special in some ways but the fact is it’s no different than others. It is simply a whey and casein blend.
[/quote]

And yet you threw up your cheap substitute and will likely have to quit the diet. How much is your cheap protein saving you if you’re throwing it up and pouring it out?

You’re not on the V-Diet, sorry.

And if you think all protein powder is the same then you must think that a Ford Focus is the same as a Formula One. Both cars, right?


#8

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]mpgolfpro wrote:
Lets be honest with ourselves, protein powder is protein powder. You can try and convince me that your protein is special in some ways but the fact is it’s no different than others. It is simply a whey and casein blend.
[/quote]

And yet you threw up your cheap substitute and will likely have to quit the diet. How much is your cheap protein saving you if you’re throwing it up and pouring it out?

You’re not on the V-Diet, sorry.

And if you think all protein powder is the same then you must think that a Ford Focus is the same as a Formula One. Both cars, right? [/quote]

Not the same cars and I can definitively tell u the differences that make up the massive difference in cost. There are millions of different ways you can make a car and make it perform better. There are only so many ways you can create protein powder.

Its pretty sad that you have decided to turn this into an attack on me for not using your protein powder. It really makes you and T-Nation look bad. I probably would have been a T-Nation customer for life after this diet, now Im not so sure.

I could have easily substituted ALL of your products but I chose to support you and this site the best I could. Flameout? Could have gotten a cheap fish oil. Superfood? Tons of cheaper veggie/fruit powders available. HOT-ROX? Wow I could have found a much cheaper fat burner. Surge? tons of much cheaper post workout recover shakes available.


#9

You came here and disparaged the diet and did not tell us you weren’t using the right products. When you say you’re on the V-Diet people assume you’re using Metabolic Drive. You made the supplement look bad, and you weren’t even using it. Not fair. Dishonest.

And now you’re throwing up the cheaper stuff and not reaching your goals. And defending the cheap supplements you’re having to dump down the sink.

I totally understand that finances can be tight, but if you can’t afford to do the V-Diet right now, then the V-Diet is not for you, and you should not pretend to be on the diet then tell people how it’s not working for you. Fair enough?

And you only purchased HOT-ROX and Flameout. Not the other items. (I can see your order, dude.)


#10

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
And you only purchased HOT-ROX and Flameout. Not the other items. (I can see your order, dude.) [/quote]

Um actually Dude, I purchased the other products about 3 months ago. Doesn’t mean I used this account or the same credit card or the same name on the order.

Wow you are really making yourself and this site look bad.

You say I was being dishonest? Quite the opposite. I was open and honest and told u I purchased a different protein powder. I could have told you I was using Metabolic Drive and you never would have known.

You and your over priced supplements will never get another dime from me.


#11

Hmm, you must have placed that previous order with a different credit card, a different user name, a different first name, a different last name, a different email address, and it must have been shipped to a different mailing address. Because we have no record of it.

Sorry, but you can’t do the full V-Diet with a poor quality protein and only two of the required supplements. You’ve proven that.

Anyway, good lessons here for prospective V-Dieters: do the diet correctly or choose another diet plan. Plenty to choose from in our archives, and many require no supplements if you’re watching the budget.


#12

The premium price you pay on Biotest supplements like Metabolic Drive, Superfood and Flameout does not necessarily come from some extravagant manufacturing procedure but rather from the quality of the ingredients and the knowledge that you are getting what’s on the label which, as you may know, is not the case with many supplement companies.

That being said, I think you should be rational about your situation and not abandon your plans of doing the Diet or quit buying Biotest supplements because you had an argument with one of the persons involved with the company if you thought they were good in the first place. My advice is you should order the Metabolic Drive and restart the diet.

If you are motivated enough a 5 day delay should not stop you. From personal experience I can tell you the diet works pretty darn good if you do it by the letter. I hope this helps you in making a decision.


#13

[quote]eaboadar wrote:
My advice is you should order the Metabolic Drive and restart the diet.
[/quote]

I would actually consider doing that if I wholeheartedly believed that Metabolic Drive would make a profound difference compared to the current protein I am using. I would also have to have an extra couple hundred to spare. However, I don’t believe the Metabolic Drive would make much, if any difference. The V-Diet is simply a high protein, low carb, low sugar, liquid diet. Not rocket science.


#14

[quote]mpgolfpro wrote:

[quote]eaboadar wrote:
My advice is you should order the Metabolic Drive and restart the diet.
[/quote]

I would actually consider doing that if I wholeheartedly believed that Metabolic Drive would make a profound difference compared to the current protein I am using. I would also have to have an extra couple hundred to spare. However, I don’t believe the Metabolic Drive would make much, if any difference. The v-diet is simply a high protein, low carb, low sugar, liquid diet. Not rocket science.[/quote]

And yet your fake version of the diet and substandard protein powder has you throwing up and pouring the shakes down the sink. I guess puking up cheap protein powder would lead to weight loss…

Thousands of people have had success with the diet when they do it correctly. You are not doing it correctly and you’re clearly having problems.

BTW, you previously linked to another site where some guy is having mixed results with the diet and is (again) not using any of the correct products. He’s not doing the V-Diet either. He’s just drinking poor quality shakes. There is a difference, as your stomach is telling you.


#15

[quote]mpgolfpro wrote:

[quote]eaboadar wrote:
My advice is you should order the Metabolic Drive and restart the diet.
[/quote]

I would actually consider doing that if I wholeheartedly believed that Metabolic Drive would make a profound difference compared to the current protein I am using. I would also have to have an extra couple hundred to spare. However, I don’t believe the Metabolic Drive would make much, if any difference. The V-Diet is simply a high protein, low carb, low sugar, liquid diet. Not rocket science.[/quote]

You are right its not rocket science, and any low carb, low sugar, liquid diet you can see pretty good results. Don’t kid yourself about protein powder being protein powder though, they come in a wide variety of qualities, made with a wide variety of methods, recently some of the cheaper brands have been shown to have heavy metal contamination as well.
http://news.injuryboard.com/consumer-reports-on-protein-powder-plus-metals-.aspx?googleid=281896
http://jimmysmithtraining.com/six-pack-diet/heavy-metal-in-popular-protein-powders

In my personal experience (I have GI health issues)- out of about 6 different protein supplements i have tried, Metabolic Drive (and one other) are the only ones that don’t give me GI issues (Gas, diaherra, bloating, camping, etc). I’m not saying they are all bad, cause they aren’t, but Metabolic Drive is very high quality - basing this on how my body reacts to it and other powders.


#16

mpgolfpro, I can tell you from my own experience with MANY different proteins, that there is a big difference between protein powders, and ESPECIALLY the way they can make you feel. I’ve been drinking protein drinks for about 10 years now. I can tell you that from my experience, Metabolic Drive is easily the best tasting and easiest on the stomach that I have tried. A few months ago, I decided I wanted to save some cash and get another (highly reputable btw) substitute. It had been a few years since I had used non-Biotest protein. And it was a mistake. I can’t even get this stuff down by itself. It makes me feel like shit. I still had some Metabolic Drive, and I’ve been mixing a scoop of each together just to make the other one tolerable. Next protein purchased will be here, guaranteed.

(disclaimer: I’m not doing the V-diet, but I’m pretty darn lean as it is, and I attribute much of that to Biotest products. My own purchase history shows several years of using various Biotest products, and my history goes even further back, under the name Fratitude…)


#17

$550 - (your average monthly food/beverage expense) = Real cost of v-diet

personally, for me, i saved $50 on the v-diet (used to spend about $600/month). but i ate a lot of delivery so i spent a ton of money on food in the past (maybe why i was fat). notice how i say “was fat”. since i lost 20 lbs so far on the v-diet, when i look in the mirror i cant even consider myself fat anymore. i think a lot of people look at this diet as a marketing scheme to sell supplements. and thats kinda what it is…but it works exactly as advertised if followed correctly.


#18

Golfpro, are you taking any vitamins/pills or HOT-ROX on an empty stomach? That always makes me nauseous. I also don’t take HOT-ROX at all on this diet because im very sensitive to stimulants. It’s optional and wont take too much away from the diet if you skip it. Those are a few things that I know will cut down on the nausea. try doing the shake first, let it digest a bit, then take the pills on a full stomach. I took my multi 2 days ago and waited about 15 mins for my shake, I almost puked.

Try not to get discouraged bro, Chris is obviously just trying to make sure that other people reading this dont try and cheat the diet by getting sub par supplements to save $$. Not saying yours are, but the whole point of Chris pushing Biotest is that he knows that the supps are 100% legit and thus ruling out side affects from less than quality supps.

I second Greg’s post that this really should even out cost-wise with the food you’d buy in a month(as long as your aren’t going out for all your healthy solid meals to $$ steakhouses like my dumbass does).

If all else fails, the supps you still have will not go to waste if you just add them to a different routine!

good luck


#19

I started to read this thread and then got a headache. I don’t want to waste my time going back to figure the OP’s name. Huge differences in qualities of various protein blends, regardless of how similar the labels are.
If money is tight, I’d leave the HOT-ROX out and buy a different fish oil. Would not change Metabolic Drive no matter what.


#20

I’m considering the Velocity Diet with summer coming up but I have a couple questions generated by this thread. First, I’d like to say I have zero investment in the supplement industry and my questions relating to other brands are as vague as can be but honest curiosity. Secondly, as a former wrestler, I realize if you are going to cut weight, you’d better do it right and I’m not challenging the V-Diet, Biotest or anything really, just wanting clarification.

  1. I haven’t ordered Biotest directly but my supp store, Vitamin Shoppe, used to carry HOT-ROX, Alpha Male and I think Flameout but can’t remember. I liked HOT-ROX, I experience side effects pretty major from HOT-ROX Extreme though. I read Velocity Diet 3.0 and realize Carbolin 19 is a suitable substitute but I’m curious, would taking se7en be beneficial?

I know it’s marketed to women but if it were taken with Carbolin 19, would there be a synergistic fat burning effect with out HOT-ROX Extreme side effects and above Carbolin 19 results alone?

  1. I get that cheap quality protein is not a substitute, in this diet or ever. I have been pretty brand loyal to a reputable company for years, however. I’m not a brokedick scrounging for rent but I’ve enjoyed their products, consumer report results and prices.

As a more widely distributed company, I’m able to find lower prices, either factory or through an overstocked retailer and a smart buy is a smart buy. That said, what separates Biotest Metabolic Drive blend from any other similar blend of similar quality? How much better is the digestive aid you incorporate in comparison to, say, aminogen?

Again, I realize to be officially V-Dieting one must be using the prescribed ingredients but I’m asking earnestly, considering comparatively similar quality, what advantage does your protein give? I do spend money regularly on supplements and if I can justify a greater expense on a genuinly superior supplements for the long haul, I will absolutely switch brands.

An earnest and honest “pitch” of sorts would be greatly appreciated.