Biotest

Day 3, Dealing with Issues

Hello, my husband and I started the diet 2 days ago. And I am having a very hard time with it. I have some questions, which may have been asked in other posts, but I honestly do not have the time to read thru so many great posts with 2 year old twins running around and demanding my attention.

Here we go:

1. my breath is disgusting! Is this normal? I hate this constant sour taste in my mouth and no amount of mouthwash is helping get remove it.

2. I cannot stop thinking about food. I am constantly in the kitchen for the little ones and the food is calling to me. Any ideas on how to help with the cravings, especially when the food is in my hands and in view all the time?

3. Have a headache most of the time. It isn’t from the Hot-Rox, I wake up with it and it just doesn’t go away.

4. How do you find time for the workouts when almost every minute of the day is consumed with children? And by the time they go to bed, I am exhausted and go to bed shortly after.
    I know its only day 3 and things will get better, but I feel very weak and don’t know if I can get thru 25 more days!
    Thanks!

[quote]twinmom wrote:
Hello, my husband and I started the diet 2 days ago. And I am having a very hard time with it. I have some questions, which may have been asked in other posts, but I honestly do not have the time to read thru so many great posts with 2 year old twins running around and demanding my attention.

Here we go:

1. my breath is disgusting! Is this normal? I hate this constant sour taste in my mouth and no amount of mouthwash is helping get remove it.

2. I cannot stop thinking about food. I am constantly in the kitchen for the little ones and the food is calling to me. Any ideas on how to help with the cravings, especially when the food is in my hands and in view all the time?

3. Have a headache most of the time. It isn’t from the Hot-Rox, I wake up with it and it just doesn’t go away.

4. How do you find time for the workouts when almost every minute of the day is consumed with children? And by the time they go to bed, I am exhausted and go to bed shortly after.
    I know its only day 3 and things will get better, but I feel very weak and don’t know if I can get thru 25 more days!
    Thanks![/quote]

5. It’s not common, but can be a sign of ketosis – the condition the Atkins diet wants you to be in. But you should not be there UNLESS your carbs are too low. And based on one of your other questions, it seems like you’re not training; therefore you’re not taking Surge, therefore your carbs are too low. Or do I have that all wrong?

6. See the Cool Tips section for tips on this.

7. Sorry, headaches can be caused by a lot of things, many of then not even diet related. Hard to diagnose over the internet.

8. So you’re not training?

i agree, training is the most important thing! you just arent going to lose without it! and it will make you tired and during that time you will forget about food for a while! luckily for you, Waterbury’s workouts are fast paced with little rest time, so it takes about a half hour to complete.

im on week 3 of workouts and the actual workout time is about 25 minutes. YOU CAN DO IT. to loosely quote Chris, "if there are soldiers in iraq following the V-Diet i think you can do it as well. most gyms (atleast the bigger ones) have some sort of daycare service. and you could do your nepa with them.

just my .02

Chris thanks for the quick reply.
I have not been training, I plan on it this afternoon, schedule is very tight, and I know that is no excuse. I have been taking long walks with the kids every chance I get.
What can I do about the ketosis?

Your post-workout drink (Surge) provides simple carbs that will bump you out of ketosis. You may also have plain old “shake-breath”, which is alleviated by brushing one’s teeth.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but it seems like you look at training as an afterthought to the diet, which is the wrong way to go about it. It kind of looks like you jumped into the diet without making the necessary preparations to ensure compliance with the training program, which would also derail your efforts.

It’s pretty much an “all-or-nothing” type program, in my opinion.

Demo Dick

Ditto what everyone else says - plus
If you are doing this with your husband, I would think he would be considerate enough to watch the kids for you while you train - that is if he actually wants to see you succeed on this. Lisa (Austin) has 3 kids, if I remember correctly, and there is another girl that just started that also has 2 young ones.

Hey girl. from a fellow twin mom, I understand what you are in the midst of right now. Chaos and no one unless they have been there can understand.

1. the shakes do leave your mouth with a funky taste. I keep gum handy (sugar-free). It not only gets rid of the taste, but it helps with craving and while fixing food for the kids, it helps cause your mouth is occupied.

Ok these dudes here on this board dont understand what having 2 year old twins is like. (I was a single mom when my kids were 2, my husband passed away when they were 1) You are going to have to MAKE time to work out. Go and get weights. Get 2 weights heavy enough and use them for your work-outs. Use the kids as weights if you have to. They weigh about 30lbs? The second your husband gets home, walk out the door to work out or get up early and let him get the kids up and fed while you are working out. It can be done, but you have to want it… BAD. Dont waste your money on the V-Diet and not work out it wont work.

I made excuses regarding time to work out. There is no excuse not to do it. Like yoda said, " do or do not, there is no try"

What are your twins? Boys girls? And get your stats and pictures up ASAP!!! There is no better motivation that letting everyone keep you accountable.

C’mon… you can SO do this!!! You gave birth to 2 people!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
If you are doing this with your husband, I would think he would be considerate enough to watch the kids for you while you train - that is if he actually wants to see you succeed on this. Lisa (Austin) has 3 kids, if I remember correctly, and there is another girl that just started that also has 2 young ones. [/quote]

Lisa has one adorable son, Penny has 3 girls, Ive got twin boys and a girl and Nicole has 4 little ones. :slight_smile:

[quote]twinmom wrote:
Chris thanks for the quick reply.
I have not been training, I plan on it this afternoon, schedule is very tight, and I know that is no excuse. I have been taking long walks with the kids every chance I get.
What can I do about the ketosis? [/quote]

Train and take your Surge.

I understand that you’re a busy mom, but if you can’t do the diet right, perhaps this isn’t the best diet for you right now. As you can see, when you alter the diet, problems arise.

By the way, I talked to two super-fit women this morning in the gym and helped them with their supplement choices. One has a figure show Saturday and 3 kids - the youngest is just 1. The other has 6 kids… and a 6-pack of abs! It can be done.

I don’t know about you, but for me, I find it very hard to say that I can’t accomplish something when I see with my own eyes others who are accomplishing those same goals… and some with even more obstacles in their way than I have. Always gives me a kick in the pants.

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
Polsen714 wrote:
If you are doing this with your husband, I would think he would be considerate enough to watch the kids for you while you train - that is if he actually wants to see you succeed on this. Lisa (Austin) has 3 kids, if I remember correctly, and there is another girl that just started that also has 2 young ones.

Lisa has one adorable son, Penny has 3 girls, Ive got twin boys and a girl and Nicole has 4 little ones. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

haha, ok ok - I see multiples of babies and I get lost. I knew they existed somewhere - who they belonged to was a crapshoot

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
Go and get weights. Get 2 weights heavy enough and use them for your work-outs. Use the kids as weights if you have to. They weigh about 30lbs? [/quote]

Googling for this was a lot of fun. I hope it doesn’t get me fired!

I’m really glad you made the decision to do this program. But you are gong to have to sacrifice to do it. As people say, “it’s simple but it’s not easy”. But I’m positive that if you follow the program, put in the effort, the results will come. Lots of success stories here and great people to keep you motivated.

Any advice needed, drop any of us a line!

I think you should buy your kids this shirt too, btw:

Clearly Nate that mom in the pic, needs to work out, but thats not what I meant!! Lol.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
I think you should buy your kids this shirt too, btw:

[/quote]
We call my youngest child “the midget”. “Midge”, etc. Shes the shortest person in the family. She told me she wanted to eat healthy so she could be taller than her brothers. I hated to tell her she would never be taller than them. (they are projected to both be between 6’6-6’9) :slight_smile: poor thing was upset. I did tell her she might be taller than me one day (5’10") and that made her happy.

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
If you are doing this with your husband, I would think he would be considerate enough to watch the kids for you while you train - that is if he actually wants to see you succeed on this. Lisa (Austin) has 3 kids, if I remember correctly, and there is another girl that just started that also has 2 young ones. [/quote]

and that girl with two kids doesnt have the dad around! (she doin it with me…)

but i didnt want to sound negative either. i was just trying to say that to successfully do this diet you need to plan for training. the LAST thing i wanna come across as is negative. YOU CAN DO THIS. you already made the financial commitment so now time to make the physical ones! we are all here for you!

My first 3 days were the toughest ever. Lots of cravings. This subsided and is almost non existent now.

As far as the workouts you have to make time. There is no V-diet without the training.

Thanks everyone for kicking my butt into gear. I worked out this afternoon and I feel so much better. My husband just sat and read the posts laughing and saying he is glad he wasn’t the only one to give me grief over it.

Now a really personal question, does any feel very gassy since starting this? I cannot tell you how stinky I have been yesterday and today, its embarrassing!

i started on sunday… and the first day was awful for me!! i wanted to puke and had the worst headache ever… i pushed throu all the shakes and went and trained too… the next day i felt back to normal! and yes they do leave a icky taste in your mouth but that goes away and you get use to it!!

I have 2 little girls!! who are 6 and 3! and i am a single mom… so you and your husband should be able to figure something out where you can go to the gym!! i do it by myself!!

i have a boyfriend, who is awesome, and helps me out when i need it!! :slight_smile: ( thanks babe)… and he is actually doing the diet with me… he is on his 3rd week and i am on my first!! i usually take walks with them or when i am at the gym, i just walk there… you will find time!! you can do it!! at first i also thought i would have no time but actually i found time to do it all… and i feel great!! everyday gets better!! and for the cravings, the worst is probably when i make the kids dinner, but it is getting easier!!

hopefully things get easier for you!! the results will be great!! keep up a positive attitude!! keep me posted!! :slight_smile:

[quote]twinmom wrote:
Thanks everyone for kicking my butt into gear. I worked out this afternoon and I feel so much better. My husband just sat and read the posts laughing and saying he is glad he wasn’t the only one to give me grief over it.

Now a really personal question, does any feel very gassy since starting this? I cannot tell you how stinky I have been yesterday and today, its embarrassing!

[/quote]

ah yes the dreaded protein farts. i am pretty gassy. i have my good and bad days and im on day 18. i’ll tell ya, if you can leave the room before cuz it is bad. Small price to pay for achieving the body you want! glad to hear you have a butt-kicking husband. you’ll do great.