Biotest

Day 1 of V-Diet

I’m doing the workouts on mon, wed, fri so I started the diet on an “off” day. Looking to lose as much fat as possible while maintaining muscle mass. I will be doing the intermediate workout plan. I’ll post measurements tonight.

So I’m 2 shakes in. They are hard to get down. Definitely filling. I went with less water on the second one and that helped some. Just finished getting my bar and plates set up for tomorrow’s workout. Heading out for a walk now.

Good luck man! I’m just finishing up my first. What favors did you get? I did struggle to get them down at first especially the greens. Mix the greens with a bit of juice and you won’t notice it.
If working out I did at least one shake with some powder pb for added flavor or threw some cinnamon or other flavoring in.

Best of luck. Today is the start of week 4 for me. The best tasting shake powder is the chocolate. 3 of 8 bags were chocolate for me. I’d probably do 4 of 8 if I had to do it again.

The first week was the hardest for me. By the second week carb cravings were pretty much gone and I wasn’t looking at the clock for the next shake. I strangely do not feel full and do not feel hungry after or between shakes. I do feel full after the HSM but it seems to digest faster and I’m back to the neutral feeling 1.5 hours later.

What did you decide to do in place of chins/dips? The more I thought about it I think power/hang cleans will let you stick with the spirit of the program the best. The short rests get your heart pumping fast. Wait until deadlift day if you haven’t already been doing them regularly.

[quote]jterry7 wrote:
Good luck man! I’m just finishing up my first. What favors did you get? I did struggle to get them down at first especially the greens. Mix the greens with a bit of juice and you won’t notice it.
If working out I did at least one shake with some powder pb for added flavor or threw some cinnamon or other flavoring in.[/quote]

Thanks! I got vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. I’ve used MD in the past, but never with a blender. So for the diet, I read that a lot of people blend the powder with ice. So, I used water and ice and the shakes came out HUGE! They were fluffy, and tasted good, but completely filled my large shaker bottle. Today I switched back to the old way of just water and no ice in the bottle and it worked out much better.

[quote]rwrjr wrote:
Best of luck. Today is the start of week 4 for me. The best tasting shake powder is the chocolate. 3 of 8 bags were chocolate for me. I’d probably do 4 of 8 if I had to do it again.

The first week was the hardest for me. By the second week carb cravings were pretty much gone and I wasn’t looking at the clock for the next shake. I strangely do not feel full and do not feel hungry after or between shakes. I do feel full after the HSM but it seems to digest faster and I’m back to the neutral feeling 1.5 hours later.

What did you decide to do in place of chins/dips? The more I thought about it I think power/hang cleans will let you stick with the spirit of the program the best. The short rests get your heart pumping fast. Wait until deadlift day if you haven’t already been doing them regularly.
[/quote]

Thank you. Congrats on making it so far. I do like the chocolate. The vanilla isn’t bad either. I’m afraid to try strawberry. I’m glad to hear it gets easier in week 2. The only cravings I’ve had so far is alcohol. I was a pretty regular drinker up until starting this diet. But, I’ve gone off alcohol for long periods of time before so I know I can do it.

I’m going to go with the cleans, my first workout is this afternoon.

Ok, here are the measurements I took last night:
NECK: 14 in
SHOULDERS: 45 in
CHEST: 44 in
WAIST: 39 3/4, 41.5, 45.5 in
HIPS: 49.5 in
UPPER ARM: 17 in
UPPER LEG 25.5 in
CALF: 15 3/4

Did a 32 min NEPA walk yesterday afternoon. I have a job where I do quite a bit of walking during the day so I figured half an hour would suffice. I’ll do more as time permits next time.

First HSM went well. Was under 400 calories. Had baked cod, spinach and some small potatoes. It is amazing how much food was actually on my plate for so few calories.

Had to do just a one scoop shake before bed, I was too full for two scoops. Hopefully tonight I can do two since it is a workout day.

First workout went well. Was a little slow setting up in between exercises, but that will speed up now that I am familiar with how it flows. Did another 30 minute walk as well. Feeling pretty good, just a little soreness from the fast pace.

Start of day 3. Woke up super tired. Went to bed early, slept 8 hours but I feel like I didn’t sleep at all. Has this been an issue for anyone else?

I’m not as sore as I thought I would be, so that is good. Breakfast shake was good, no problem getting those down anymore. I could only do one scoop before bed again last night. At least I’m not starving all of the time though.

End of day 3 didn’t go as planned. Had to go to the vet and spent all afternoon there, still got a walk in around the parking lot though. HSM was salmon, asparagus and long grain rice. Felt like crap before dinner, very light headed and tired but felt much better after eating some carbs.

Start of day 4: woke up pretty sore, took some advil, doing an early afternoon workout then outside for NEPA walk.

Workout went well. Only took about 30 minutes. NEPA walk in a little while.

Got a half hour NEPA walk in last night. HSM was tilapia, half a white potato and cucumber/onion salad with rice vinegar.

HSM last night was 8oz salmon and some grilled zucchini and squash. Went home, was feeling pretty tired so I decided to go to bed early. The only problem with that is I completely forgot to do my before bed shake and Flameout. It dawned on me at 0600 this morning. Oh well, today is a new day. Have a workout this afternoon then heading to a park for NEPA with my dogs.

Workout went well. NEPA walk in the park after. HSM was mixed greens with shrimp and vegetables. Brown rice and quinoa on the side. Going to try not to forget the before bed shake tonight.

The first v burn challenge was completed. I Didn’t get an answer in the support section so I went without the plazma. HSM was crusted tilapia with garlic spinach and mushrooms.

Got in a 30 min NEPA walk despite the crappy weather. HSM last night was more tilapia, spaghetti squash, a few small red potatoes and some asparagus.

Just finished monday’s workout. Did a NEPA walk before the workout today for the first time, served as a nice “warm-up”. Dinner tonight is a ham steak and some mixed greens. Might add some other veggies in, we’ll see.

Added in a few small red potatoes with dinner last night, felt like I needed the extra carbs.

Today’s NEPA was unloading a several thousand pound delivery at work. Didn’t last 30 min, but was a good 20 minutes of walking with 20-25 pound objects.

HSM last night was seared ahi tuna with healthy brown fried rice.