Biotest

Day 1 is Today!

I’ve been reading this site for many years, but now it’s time to get down to business. I’ve been training off and on for around 15 years, mainly for sports. I did all my research, looked at some of the transformations and decided that I need to hit this program hard. I have two active children at home with a 3rd on the way, so it’s time to get in shape and change my eating habits.

No measurements yet, but here’s a few stats.

6’2
226lbs as of this morning. I know 20lbs is possible in 28 days, but I’ll be happy if I can get below the 210lbs barrier. I haven’t weighed less than 220lbs in years, so hopefully this will do it.

I purchased my Biotest stuff last week and I’m off to the gym for workout #1. I’ll post more soon.

Ignore my farmer tan, it’s cold in Canada!!

Side pic from this morning.

Flexed.

Keep us posted!

I did a search but couldn’t really find anything, so can you answer a question for me Chris? Is diet pop, or soda as you boys in the USA call it, ok to consume at any point during the V-Diet? I guess anything diet for that matter(Jello, etc). I can certainely do without diet stuff, but I do enjoy a cold diet Pepsi once in awhile.

As for the program, Day one was solid. I followed the diet exactly and cranked out the advanced workout #1 as outlined in your program. I’m keeping a journal and calculating calories, protein, etc each and every day.

I will say that on paper, that workout doesn’t look like much, but it really kicked my ass when all was said and done. I surprised at how much weight I had strapped to me when I was completing my dips. Needless to say, I’m really looking forward to the rest of the workout.

Ok I do have another question. I play ice hockey three days a week for 60-90 minutes each time. Any issues with that?

Thanks for the help Chris. You’ve obviously inspired a ton of people and you can now add me to that list. I’ll keep you updated.

I usually have 1 diet soda…a Dr. Pepper (no caffeine) and have read it is OK to have one if you must…otherwise a ton of water.

I think I read somewhere too that ice hockey is OK but to try and reduce it since you are trying to just have low density cardio for burning fat…but Chris, obviously, if he posts up has final word on it since I am no pro!

stay focused dude and thanks for posting in my thread.

M

I gave in and had a Diet Pepsi last night. This diet has altered my entire daily routine, so it’s amazing how something so minor like a Pepsi can put your mind at ease.

I had a great 45 minute walk with the dog last night and I just returned from workout #2 this morning. It was pretty tough as I’m feeling so lethargic today. I’m still on track 100% and looking forward to my steak meal this Saturday.

Thanks for checking in!

Here’s some info:

Q: Can I have coffee, tea, or diet soda on this diet?

A: The fat burner recommended, HOT-ROX Extreme, has some stimulatory properties, so if you’re sensitive to stimulants you may want to go easy on the caffeine-containing beverages. But for most people, a cup of coffee or green tea in the morning is fine. Just remember, no sugar and no cream.

Now, as for soda specifically, I’d rather you get rid of those to help kick to sweet cravings, BUT if a diet soda will save you from going over the ledge and falling off the diet during a weak moment, then sure, I’d rather someone have a zero-calorie soda than a candy bar.

Good news there, thanks for the reply Chris.

Day 4 today and I will admit that last night was fookin’ tough! I didn’t have much to do last night, so it wasn’t easy fighting off the cravings all evening. A litre of water helped settle the hunger pangs though.

I put back my morning shake and some HRX so I’m ready for a full day. I play hockey tonight, so fighting any urges shouldn’t be too difficult today. Yesterday’s workout was awesome despite a significant lack of energy.

I asked my wife to put the scale away so I’m not on there every second checking things out, but I managed to weigh in this morning at 219lbs. I guess I’m down about 7lbs in 3 full days so that’s probably on track with where the diet says I should be. Mostly water weight I know, but it’s inspiring to see the number dropping regardless.

Steak night at The Keg tomorrow night! I’ll keep you updated.

good stuff since I have had a Dr. Pepper or two…

M

Just had my first real food meal in 5 days. I went out for dinner with the wife and opted for a small New York steak, house salad, a few mushrooms and asparagus on the side. Skipped the potatoes and no butter or sauce of any kind. I was feeling pretty full by the end of it for sure.

After 5 full days of the program, I’m hovering around 219lbs. Today’s workout was another tough one, but overall I’m feeling decent. Tonight’s meal will be enough to get me through the next several days. I’m looking forward to next week as my body should be in full fat burning mode now.

On a side note, it’s nice to see a few other guys all working at the diet at the same time. It’s not an easy task, but I’m focused on reaching my goal by February and I’m sure the others will as well. Keep it up guys!

Day 7 here and man this is tough! If I could have a nap each day, it wouldn’t be so bad, but with two toddlers running around, that’s near impossible!

Tomorrow morning is weigh in, so we’ll see how the first week went.

trust me…it gets better! this next week your body will be more accustomed to it and you’ll have more energy all around. i took naps the first week, but haven’t this past week at all. Keep up the good work!

Well after the first week I found myself at 218.5 this morning. I’m pretty happy with the results so far. My wife looked at me this morning and said I’m ‘wasting away’. I laughed and reminded her that I’m barely under my normal weight. I think like most men, I lose weight from my neck on down before really hitting the midsection. I feel leaner everywhere, but I’m so sore from the workouts and past injuries that I’m not really feeling much better. I look better in the mirror though, so that’s a start.

Week two starts now, so here’s hoping for another week of strong results.

Bruce, nice work man! well done! I receive the same comments from my fiance and it is a good one…you will start feeling the changes when you start putting clothes on more than the scale and weigh in…keep going! I am on day 11…stay strong bro!

M

Way to go Bruce! 8lbs is fabulous! Keep up your hard work. Helen

Today is Day 1 for me…2 shakes down, and and 3 to go, plus my recovery shake, so far so good! I love reading all these posts, because I need a lot of support…everyone seems to think I’m crazy for doing this diet, but I guess they don’t know me as well as they think they do :slight_smile:

I’m on the same boat hbell. My mom thinks I’m nuts but she’s slowly coming around after I explained everything to her. My wife on the other hand seems to change her tune each day. I secretly think she intentionally makes food to try and bait me into eating something not approved. She’s less concerned about fitness and more with general health, so I don’t totally view her as a saboteur…yet!

Keep it up and thanks for checking in.

CallMeBruce…wow, that’s rough! Fortunately I live alone, so this past weekend I cleaned out my already sparse and disgustingly healthy refrigerator and cabinets…did not want the slightest bit of temptation! That will come this weekend when I visit my family.

Kudos to you for having home cooked food and staying strong!

I don’t think you’re crazy, if you’re like me, even though it’s only Day 2, I am so motivated to this diet…27 days to go and I can’t wait to see the results! Good luck and keep writin’, I can use it!