Biotest

Day 1 Baby!

Day 1. So I’ve been a T-Nation reader for about 2 years and have been training consistently over that time. Just like many of you, I lift hard and eat pretty cleanly but I just can’t get rid of that last little bit around the waist to uncover the holy grail…a six pack! So, it’s time to get a little extreme. I’m expecting my materials this afternoon, fortunately I’ve already got enough supply to start right away. So here are the measurements:

Height: 5’10"
Weight: 190.4
Neck: 16"
Shoulders: 49"
Chest upper: 43"
Chest lower: 39.5"
Waist navel: 36"
Waist largest: 36.5"
Hips largest: 37"
Upper arm L&R: 13" & 13"
Upper leg L&R: 22.5" & 23"
Lower leg L&R: 13.5" & 13.5"
Ankle L&R: 9.25" & 9.5"

I’m adding my first pics too. Good luck to everyone getting started like me. Fortunately, I’ve done a lot of different types of diets so I’m pretty confident I can follow this to a T. But as always, a little support never hurts so your comments are welcome!

Nick

best of luck mate

thanks DB, time to suck it up as Shug says haha

Hey man what part of NC are you from? I’m from near Pinehurst/Southern Pines.

Good luck…I’ll be with you all the way.

good luck!!! can’t wait to see your results!!! It s worth the journey!! I’ll follow your progress!!! Stay Strong!!!

You’re similar to stealth in that you haven’t much to lose, unlike myself LOL. Still, wishing you the best of luck in your quest!

Thanks for all the support guys, wasn’t sure if it was worth posting on here but I can tell it will make things easier and keep me honest. Yesterday I started with the MD shakes and some of my old Biotest supplements while I waited for the package to arrive this morning. Well, it’s here and I guess there is no turning back now. HAHA. About to have my first shake with the superfood and my first workout this afternoon. Felt a little bit on the nauseous side this morning but I’m better now. Interested to see where the energy level will be at after the workout. Let you all know then!

[quote]stealth2918 wrote:

Good luck…I’ll be with you all the way.[/quote]

Hey Stealth, I’m in Raleigh. Moved here from Boston about 9 months back and loving it. Of course, beach season is a bit longer down here so I want to get that beach body back. Are you training for a show or something? From your pic it doesn’t look like you have anything to lose! Look forward to following along with you!

[quote]ncarroll77 wrote:
stealth2918 wrote:

Good luck…I’ll be with you all the way.

Hey Stealth, I’m in Raleigh. Moved here from Boston about 9 months back and loving it. Of course, beach season is a bit longer down here so I want to get that beach body back. Are you training for a show or something? From your pic it doesn’t look like you have anything to lose! Look forward to following along with you![/quote]

Welcome to NC…its a nice place to live, I can’t complain.

I just want to give this a shot and see if I can get to that next “level”…whatever that is…lol. You look pretty lean yourself as it stands…I’ll bet if you see this through you will be looking exceptionally good.

Day 2, 1st workout was rough but I feel surprisingly good afterward. The Surge Recovery does NOT taste as good as the Surge Workout Fuel. That stuff rocked, this is pretty nasty. Oh well, I’ve been drinking these shakes for months prior to this so I’m used to it a little, just not for every frikkin meal! Man those short rest periods are no joke, I though about jumping up from the intermediate to the advanced…HELL NO. Not necessary for me at least. I was dripping with sweat.

Front squat:
185lbs 5x5x4x3x3
Chinups:
Body weight 8x4x4x3x2
dumbell bp:
75lbs 6x5x5x4
ab wheel:
10x6x4

NEPA later tonight, going to walk 18 holes with the clubs on my back! (just a par 3 course though:)

Hey guys, looking for some feedback here. Up until now things haven’t been all that bad, but what I’m most concerned about is the coming weekends. I have a family reunion in my hometown and a bunch of buddies also coming in the same time. Then I have a camping trip in the Outer Banks the following weekend! Now I’m not saying I’m an alcoholic or anything, but lets just say it’s been a while since I’ve gone a month without ONE drink.

The friends I’m going to be with (and family for that matter) are all social drinkers (some more than others!!). Has anyone here been facing this issue and how have they been handling it? I’m not worried about anyone pressuring me or making me feel guilty, I guess I’m just a little worried how it’s going to be hanging out with a bunch of people who are drinking all weekend. It’s never fun to be the only sober one but I guess the only real solution is to power through and keep focused on the goal. Anyone fall of the wagon with this yet??

My family are huge drinkers. I’ve been around them before and not drank, and they rag on me big time (including some friends).
I had no problem saying no, because for the time it wasn’t part of the “plan”.

It’s their problem, not yours.

As for the V-Diet, I will be out of town this weekend as well, at my fiance’s family’s house in NJ for a family reunion. I plan on having 2 beers to enjoy myself, in the grand scheme of things, 2 beers in 28 days won’t make a lick of a difference. Besides, not eating much, it won’t take that much to have a “buzz”.

But, you have to know you can handle cutting yourself off, if you plan to do something like this. because I can see how it would be very easy to go overboard and have 2 lead to 8-10.

Ask yourself this…will you feel better after this weekend knowing that you gave in just to be part of the crowd? or will you feel better knowing that you overcame the peer pressure and beat the craving?

Just some food for thought…

Yeah guys, I agree with both of you. I think I’ll be ok, it will just be a little different. Honestly, it is so nice to get up on a Saturday morning without a bit of a hangover and be able to do stuff outside. I’m just going to make plans to golf and hit the river up first thing in the morning. That should give me something to look forward to during the nights.

DAY 3: Already down 6lbs. in 3 days…I’m assuming a good deal of it is water weight. I was taking creatine for a few weeks before which I know put on about the same amt. of H2O weight. Still, good to see! Like everyone has said, the Superfood is the worst for me. No matter how you blend those shakes, that shit smells like burnt ass hair. Hard to see the end of this thing so I’m just going day by day. The Carbolin 19 is great stuff, I can’t take the stimulants, I get wicked heart palps from that stuff. But this Carb 19 gives a nice buzz, and it’s not too over-powering. Got 2 rounds of golf in with the bag on my back for my NEPA so far…can’t complain about having to do that. It’s a good workout on a hilly course!

keep it up… i fell off this past weekend
my son plays travel baseball… so its rough
first slip and i end my 28 on sunday!!

keep your eye on your goals and stay true
nothing is worth the guilty feeling after
a slip!!

hey you! stay strong and good things are to come…as far as crowds and beverages go…i indulge in a delicous diet coke once in awhile or a tasty glass or two of ice cold(tons of ice)pink lemonade(crystal light) on times when i have social things…otherwise its off limits for me so i feel like i’m indulging when i get to have such things…hoepfully yo will find what satisfies you and know thats what it takes during social times to keep your desires at a dull roar…i keep an extra few bottles of liquid protien(grape frost my fav!) in my car too just in cse i find myself without what i need…so…hope you stay true to what you really want…which was a beach bod i think, not a beer belly :))!!!

Just checking in to see how things are going. Looks like you’re seeing progress already.

[quote]bwal wrote:
Just checking in to see how things are going. Looks like you’re seeing progress already. [/quote]

Hey bwal, yeah def seeing some progress. Got a lot upfront (mostly water weight) and it’s somewhat stalled in the weight category. I am noticing the difference in belt notches though so that’s the true yardstick. I may even be putting on some lean muscle. How you doing?

Kick some ass… We’re here for you!! You wouldn’t believe how much these forums help…