Biotest

David's V-Diet

Hey everyone, I’ll be keeping the log of my V-Diet here over the next month. I’m not sure I’ll post daily but I should be posting at least once per week. I don’t have any measurements to report since I haven’t got a scale or tape measure yet but should be getting them tomorrow so I’ll try to update then.

In lieu of measurements, this post I’ll give a little background. I’m a 19-year-old and my progress hasn’t been stellar over the last few months. I’ve been focused on school and, this summer, work and research. My diet has pretty much been shit, as you can probably imagine for most 19-year-olds in college. I’m starting the v-diet to drop some fat and improve performance in rugby (I play flank) and to hopefully repattern my eating habits so I can gain quality mass in the future.

Today is my first day and I’ve had the first three shakes (breakfast, lunch, and mid-afternoon). So far it’s going pretty well. No complaints. Since Biotest was (and still is) out of HOT-ROX when I ordered I went ahead and went with the Carbolin 19 instead. I’m not really keeping track of my NEPA, I just walk between campus and my room a few times per day and I’ve been playing Ingress, which I’ve found quite good for getting me out walking. In addition to the V-Diet training program, I’ll also be going to rugby practice twice weekly.

I’ve attached my starting photos here. Looking them over, I think what needs the most work is my tan. It’s pretty awful. Anyway, I’m really looking forward to the progress I’ll be making over the next month. I’ll keep you all updated.

David

Day 3

I never got around to doing measurements yesterday so I went ahead and took them at about 7:30 this morning.
Height 73
Weight 210
Neck 15.5
Shoulders 47
Chest - Upper 41
Chest - Lower 41
Waist - at Navel 34
Waist - at largest 35.5
Hips - at largest 36.5
Upper Arm - L 14.5
Upper Arm - R 14.5
Upper Leg - L 27 26.5
Upper Leg - R 27 26
Lower Leg - L 16.5
Lower Leg - R 16.5
Ankle - L 9.5
Ankle - R 9.5

The v-diet has still been going well for me. Other than missing the feeling of actually chewing food I don’t have any complaints. All the supplements have been pretty good. I do agree with a lot of the others that they’re a bit sweet but they’re tolerable. I must say, I was a bit surprised by the taste of the Surge Recovery. I was wondering what ‘original’ tasted like so I did a quick search here on T-Nation and saw angel food cake cited a few times. Naturally I didn’t believe that. I opened up the container yesterday and was hit by the smell of powdered sugar. Well that’s strange.

Anyway, after the workout I mixed some up and threw it in the fridge while I hopped in the shower. When I got out I grabbed the Surge and took a gulp. Sure enough, it really did taste like angel food cake. Quite interesting. I was really taken aback. It’s not unpleasant but is a bit sweet.

Day 7

The first week is almost over now. It hasn’t been too difficult, which is fantastic. I still miss chewing my food a bit but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. I’m getting used to being on the liquid diet and my energy is good for the most part. The first couple days were a bit tiring, especially practice on Tuesday, but Thursday’s practice was much better.

Today was my v-burn challenge day. Could have been better. I think I started a bit fast so at the middle and end I was going slower than I should have. Next time I’ll try to pace it better. Ended up with a time of 36:51 for an average of about 6:08 for each of the 6 circuits. Hoping to improve this quite a bit by the end of the diet. Made me realize how much better shape I should be in. The weight workouts are going well. Getting used to less rest time than I usually take, which is good.

I noticed a couple days ago that HOT-ROX was back in stock so I figured I’d order a bottle since I had just started. It came in today so I’ll switch over to that starting tomorrow then use the rest of the Carbolin 19 when the HOT-ROX runs out.

I’ve noticed some minor changes in the mirror so far so I’m looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks go. I’m actually enjoying not having to prepare meals or go get food as it leaves me more time to concentrate on other things.

Day 14

Last day of the second week today. Halfway through the v-diet. Everything has been going pretty well this last week. The HOT-ROX has been pretty nice. Interesting raspberry-ish smell and slight taste to them. I’m getting rather used to not chewing my food now, though I do certainly look forward to my HSM day.

Had my second v-burn today, a few hours ago. My time was much improved to 28:02 for an average of about 4:40 for each of the circuits. An improvement of 8:49 total or 1:28 for each circuit from last week. I was done with three of the circuits a bit over 11 minutes in so I’m looking forward to seeing this time improve even more over the next couple weeks.

I’ll try to take some measurements or at least a weight tomorrow. I’m working until midnight though and tomorrow is my day to actually sleep so the measurements won’t come at the same time as last week.

Day 21

End of the third week today. Everything is still going well. I didn’t totally stick to the diet. I had a glass of whiskey to celebrate my roommate’s 21st birthday. Other than that it’s been great still. Pretty much used to the v-diet routine now.

Third v-burn today. It went a lot better than I expected considering I only had about 3 hours of sleep last night. Ended up with a time of 21:41 for an average of 3:37 for each circuit. That’s a 6:21 improvement; about 1:03 per circuit from last week. I’m hoping to get that down to 18:00 or below by next week. 15:00 would be good.

Obviously I didn’t end up getting any measurements over the last week. I’ll see if I can take some tomorrow.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/2/e/2ed86_ORIG-2014_08_10.jpg

Attached some pictures taken today. The lighting isn’t the greatest. Hopefully at the end of the 4 weeks I’ll be able to get some better pictures. I can see more noticeable changes in person but you can see some changes in the pictures. I haven’t taken any measurements or weighed in so nothing there yet. I’ll definitely do that next week.

Day 28

Last day of the 4 weeks. Starting the first week of transition tomorrow. This week went pretty well. No complaints, really. Had my fourth v-burn today. I didn’t do quite as well as I had hoped for. My time was 19:32, or about 3:15 per circuit. I was hoping to be around 18:00 but still did better than last week, so that’s something. An improvement of 2:09 from last week; about 22 seconds per circuit. In the two weeks of transition I’m hoping to improve this further.

I’m not sure when I’ll be able to take measurements right after waking up. My schedule is pretty ridiculous for the next couple days. I might be able to take some on Monday. Otherwise I’ll try getting them Tuesday and post those up. Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon too.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/d/6/d60f4_ORIG-2014_08_17.jpg

Day 29

First day of the transition phase. Nothing to say about it yet seeing as it’s 3:30 in the morning. I went ahead and got some pictures this morning at about 2:30. I apologize for the poor lighting. I’ll try to get some fairly good quality ones when I can.

I also took some measurements. Keep in mind these were taken around 2:30 this morning, a few hours after I last “ate” (bedtime shake), so they may not be totally accurate but they’re good enough for now. I didn’t manage to weigh myself because I’ve only got carpet to weigh on so it’s completely inaccurate. I’ll try to figure something out about that. Anyway, here are the measurements.

Site Measurement (inches) Change (inches)
Height 73 +0
Weight ? ?
Neck 15.25 -0.25
Shoulders 48.5 +1.5
Chest - upper 41 +0
Chest - nipple 40 -1
Chest - right below pecs 35.5
Waist - at navel 32 -2
Waist - at largest 32.75 -2.75
Hips - at largest 33.5 -3
Upper arm - L 14.5 +0
Upper arm - R 14.5 +0
Upper leg - L 25 -1.5
Upper leg - R 25 -1
Lower leg - L 16.25 +0.25
Lower leg - R 16 +0.5
Ankle - L 9.5 +0
Ankle - R 9.5 +0

Overall I think the v-diet has really helped me out. I lost a couple inches off my waist and hips and have some noticeable changes to my physique. I’m looking forward to the next couple weeks, finishing off the v-diet transition phase. Coming off the v-diet I’m ready to start building some quality mass and increase my strength. I’ve got the Plazma stack ordered (Plazma/MAG-10/Indigo) and am excited to see the progress I make.