Biotest

Dan's V-Diet

So I’ve ordered my V package and it should be arriving this afternoon (according to fedex). All going well I start my V-Diet tonight.

The last 4 years have not been my finest when it comes to physical appearance. At 6’2 I’ve gone from a fit healthy 205lbs in 2006 to a fat ass 238lbs, minimal if any of the gains muscle. All the regular excuses ie: too busy, poor metabolism but the truth is i’m lazy and disorganised with my nutrition. Anyway i’ve started on a new way of living and a big part of that journey starts tonight.

Some additional motivation. September 1st 2010 I took a bet with a friend from work who is an amatuer bodybuilder. The bet: who can creat the biggest % change loss in body fat before Christmas. $500 to the winner there are no rules. Now I new the bet was tough, he’ll take everything under the sun and he’s a comparative expert at losing body fat. However I took the bet knowing first I would do the V-Diet and secondly that I an in control of my destiny. If I achieve my goal I can’t lose. He’s talked a hell of a lot of trash and every single person in the office thinks I’ll lose. I just shrug and say “we’ll see”. Truth is I don’t care so much about the money, but i’m scared as hell I’ll lose. Under no circumstances is this an option. I must win.

Dexa scan results 01/09/2010
Weight 108.8kg
Fat: 27869 g
Muscle: 72992 g
Other: 4063 g
% Fat: 26.6
(He’s coming down from 19.1% fat and 73441 g of muscle). Last year he was 9% 4 days before he competed according to the dexascan lady. Dehydration adversly effects results. I figure if I get to single figure body fat I am guaranteed victory. 13% and it’s close.

I’ve gained a little muscle in the last 10 weeks and lost some weight but at the moment I think I’m definately losing.
Current Weight: 104.2kg (-4.6kgs)
Upper Chest 110 cm (-2cm)
Lower Chest 108cm (-1cm)
Waist at Navel 100.5 cm (-6.5cm)
Waist at Largest 101.5 cm (did not take)
Left Bicep 37cm (-.5cm)
Right Bicep 37cm (-.5cm)
Left Thigh 62cm (-2cm)
Right Thigh 62cm (-2cm)
Left Calf 42 cm (no change)
Right Calf 42 cm (no change)

So I’ve made some gains but I’m hoping for significantly better results over the next 6 weeks. I must, must, must win this.

Photo’s tonight

My goal:
To follow the V-Diet exactly as recomended with one exception. I play baskeball 3 x p/w and when you make a commitment to a team you fufil it. This will replace NEPA walks Tues, Wed & Sun.

We’re behind ya, Danny! Keep us posted!

So not off to a good start. It appears my HOT-ROX has been confiscated by customs. Does anybody know of any alternatives that can be used that are legal in Australia?

Photo’s to come

OK looks like Carbolin 19 and Se7en stack is the way to go? What is the recomended dosage? Is it 1 Carbolin 19 + 1 Se7en for each HOT-ROX?

Ok so here are the photo’s. Let’s hope I can make some headway

So weights

So this week prior to starting I’ve been lifting heavy
5 rep max Bench = 105kg (231 lbs)
5 rep max Back Squat = 125kg (275 lbs)
5 Rep max Deadlift = 137.5 kg (302 lbs)

So Day 1 Weights (on Intermediate):
* A Front Squat -90 kg
* B Chin-up - Body Weight
* C Dumbbell Bench Press - 40kg DB
* D Ab-Wheel Rollout - Subbed for Barbell rollouts (unless I can find an AB wheel)

Going indoor rock climbing tomorrow night so NEPA Walk will be in my lunch break. 45m fast Walk.

Another

Side

Back

[quote]Dannyboy79 wrote:
So not off to a good start. It appears my HOT-ROX has been confiscated by customs.[/quote]

That sucks about the HRX. Why is it illegal in Australia?

You look like you have a good base to work from.

Dan,

Good to have you, I’ll be following your progress.

You show your 5 rep back squat max as 275 and you will be doing the front squats w/198. The 198 doesn’t sound like much but w/the short rest periods it seems very high compared to your back squat max. You must have very good flexibility in your hips and ankles. I’d be interested if you can really do it.

My 5 rep back squat max would probably be in the 330 range but I’m only doing 165 (front). It’s about all I can do and come close to having good form. Probably due to lack of flexibility.

[quote]bigiron63 wrote:
Dan,

Good to have you, I’ll be following your progress.

You show your 5 rep back squat max as 275 and you will be doing the front squats w/198. The 198 doesn’t sound like much but w/the short rest periods it seems very high compared to your back squat max. You must have very good flexibility in your hips and ankles. I’d be interested if you can really do it.

My 5 rep back squat max would probably be in the 330 range but I’m only doing 165 (front). It’s about all I can do and come close to having good form. Probably due to lack of flexibility.[/quote]

It’s been a few months since i’ve done front squats so there’s a good chance you’re right. Last time I did them I was doing 132lbs in a circuit so i’ll probably start there for the warm up and see how far I can go. I’ve got good hip ankle flexibility but there’s a good chance I’ve grossly overestimate my abilities. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time.

From what I can gather HOT-ROX extreme contains Yohimbine which is classified as an experimental substance or libido enhancer by Customs and is a banned substance.

Appreciate the support guys

Goddamn this Metabolic Drive is sweet. A little to sweet for my taste but it;s drinkable.

Ok first workout and I overcooked it with the front squat. 90kg was indeed a pipe dream

Front Squat 80kg (176lbs)- 5-4-4-2-2-1-1-1 I think I’ll drop it to 75kg (165lbs)
Chinups - 9-6-4-1 Will add weight next time
Bench 40k DB 6-5-5-3-1
Barbell rollout 5-5-5-5 (Got through it but it hurt like hell)

Got a bit of a sweat on, the short rest period makes it tough.

Have to say I struggled quite a lot today. Was very hungry most of the day and had a very hard time keeping away from dairy. I’m ashamed to admit I considered packing it in on more than one occasion. The diet is a huge change for me, truth be told I tell myself I’m healthy eating very little processed food or cane sugar but then I drink between 1 and 2 liters a day of milk a heap of other dairy on top of fruit. It’s a huge quantity of food which is unnecessary. Any wonder i’m hungry on the diet. The artificial flavoring/sweetener is also taking a bit of getting used too.

Missed my NEPA walk too. Didn’t have time at lunch time and went straight from work rock climbing. 10:10 pm now and I start work at 7am so I’ll have to make it up.

Danny,
No need to be ashamed of “thinking of packing it in.” I’ve thought about it plenty but haven’t done it and you’re talking to a guy who has started and quit several get in shape plans by lunch. My first week I just felt bad after about day 6 I felt like my old self. You’ll get used to it.

Can you really do 9 chinups? Thats impressive for someone your size.

P.S.
I think rock climbing is NEPA.

Day 2/28 down and still surviving. Went over to my brothers house to watch the ultimate fighter tv series. He’d ordered Pizza and me chugging on my shake had me a little agitated. Felt better once I got home and had my peanut butter.

Got in my long walk while it pissed down rain. I think I’ve made a mistake starting on a Thursday. I’m tempted to do the V Challenge tomorrow (Saturday) and then just start the weights program on the days prescribed. It fits much better with my schedule. I might even add 4 days to the total so I can complete the weights program properly. The Carboline/Se7en should be delivered on monday as well so it all fits nicely.

Scary to think these first 4 days are just a warm up though

Day 3 and I decided to do the V Challenge and sync up my workouts with the correct days. It took 32 minutes to complete! Long way to go and I was surprised with how poor I did.

Thats about what it took me and I can’t even begin to do 10 clap pushups or pike pushups. I had to switch to beginner V-Burn. 32 is not bad for first time.

Thats about what it took me and I can’t even begin to do 10 clap pushups or pike pushups. I had to switch to beginner V-Burn. 32 is not bad for first time.