Biotest

D Shroyer V-Diet

First day!, I ordered the supps last week and was itching to start last wed, but i want to follow the program to a T. so a little background, I have always been the athletic type, 3 sport in high school, some hockey in college. but i never had any rhyme or reason to working out or dieting habits, i have always been “if it feels right do it”.

In the last year i have tried to put on as much size as possible, as far as stats go i am 5 ft 9, and in jan i was up to 217lbs, but looked chubby, i was making good gains in the gym but had a terrible diet. i felt strong, but looked otherwise. and changing the way i look is the ultimate goal, i never want to be the fat guy with nice arms. starting feb, i began watching what i eat in general, controlling my portions, and starting doing HIIT 2x a day.

as of today I am down to 183 lbs, bodyfat is 14.1 as of last thursday. im getting alot of shit for going on an all liquid diet for the next month, the wife was PISSED about the order, but hey extra motivation for me, i am pissed about how i look now and want to get to the promised land of single digit bodyfat ASAP.

on top of it too i made a $50 bet with a coworker that i would lower my bodyfat by more than him in the next 28, he will do the same program but without the supps. Hes my good buddy, but i am very competitive. i will post pics and take measurements later today.

Congrats on deciding to make a change. Good luck with the program! Looking forward to following your progress.

thanks vertigal, the support is appreciated. ok so have gone thru 3 meals and a workout. the shakes are going down fine. but the workout…i thought i was gonna puke when i was done! which felt great actually, i love working to exhaustion. i got my measurements too before i worked out, but my cam phone isnt working right now, so if i cant get it to work later today ill do it when i get home tonight. so onto…

measurments
height: 5 ft 9 in
Weight: 183 lbs
body fat: 14.1
waist: 31 1/8
abdobmen: 36 3/8
Arm: 14.25
hips: 38 3/8
thigh 23 3/8
chest 38.75
neck: 16
calf: 14 5/8

workout:
front squat @185lbs 5,5,5,5 (dont normally do front squat so i used a lighter weight than i should have)
lat pulldown, underhand grip @ 195 lbs 5,5,4,3,3
DB bench press @90lbs each 5,5,5,4,1
ab wheel rollout 5,5,5,5

and now back to work… thx all for reading, suport is greatly appreciated, i will put pics up tonight promise.

I found your log after you wrote in mine :slight_smile:

Perfect way to keep motivation up , by having a “partner” doing the same diet at the same time .
I will be keeping a close eye on your log , since we most likly will be doing the same stuff :slight_smile:

Kind Reagards AndreP

ok sitting down after a long day at work, finishing up my last shake of the day. and finally took some pics so here we go.

front

side

side 2

glad you have joined us dshroy,i’m sure you’ll rock this diet and the under 10% is going to be well achievable for you in the near future.Keep updating so more people get involved.Keep up the great work

[quote]burleywhite wrote:
glad you have joined us dshroy,i’m sure you’ll rock this diet and the under 10% is going to be well achievable for you in the near future.Keep updating so more people get involved.Keep up the great work[/quote]

Thanks burley, its nice to have support, and yeah i should update more. ok so update… woke up this morning and as far as the burn i felt from yesterdays workout…welll remember the first time you EVER lifted arms, and you can barely wash your hair after the workout cuz your arms are too sore to reach that far? well i experienced a bit of a flashback to that moment. its nice though, it means this workout is for real. as far as shakes go, they are fine, but i should bring a magic bullet into work probably. question as far as NEPA… there is a core training class at work that some of my coworkers do, ive done it once before and its about 20 min, and it does get my heart rate up a bit, but its def not balls to the wall. does that work as a portion of my NEPA for the day, or should i even do it? Thx for reading all

Another person who’s “before” pictures I would love to be my “after”…lol. Seriously - you’re already on your way based on your history. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

[quote]flaco1968 wrote:
Another person who’s “before” pictures I would love to be my “after”…lol. Seriously - you’re already on your way based on your history. Looking forward to reading about your progress. [/quote]

Thx flacco, i appreciate it. in january i changed my mindset to training, and the new good habits i made plus the old bad habits i dropped will help maintain this change for the long term i am sure of it. not one of my friends who balk now at what i am doing will do so when i am done with this. that is another goal of mine, to turn at least 2 naysayers into t nation converts.

I just mixed my third shake for the day and am sipping it as we speak. good thing too cuz there is a buffet table set up in the conference room just 10 feet away from my cube. pulled pork sandwiches. assholes.

willpower baby.

My assistant is eating McDonalds. What a tool. It’s all about making simple small decisions that stack on top of each other creating unstoppable momentum.

so while the other 125 people in my dept shuffled thru the buffet line, i decided to take care of myself and did my NEPA, did the treadmill on an incline for 30 min. and now im back, feeling much better with my shake here now cuz im making a decision every moment to better myself. to steal from Lou Holtz: “There is a rule of life that you are either growing or dying. Grass is either growing or dying and so is a person, a marriage, and a business. The minute we try to maintain, we start dying.”

You seem to have everything in hand , you are in better shape then I will be at the end !

Your starting from a great place. I’m sure you will have some awesome results.

Andre, thanks for the compliment but DO NOT shortchange yourself man! you were probably just kidding, but just in case man, the contest is between the new you vs the old you, no one else! your results will be amazing, and look forward to the feeling you will have when you post that final after pic and measurements

thanks vertigal, i am excited, not just for the results, but also for the habits i am changing, which most diets miss, I really think that the carryover after this diet is over will be longlasting. anyway about last night… the highlight was…the peanut butter in my last shake! never thought i would be so in love with the PB. looking forward to DESTROYING my workout this afternoon, while listening to NIN on the ipod, god nothing gets me more jacked up to do my lifts, well besides RATM of course. out of curiousity(random i know) what do you all listen to when working out?