Biotest

Cutting Question

Srs question…has anyone here from experience lost any serious strength/mass from cutting with calories too low? I’m wondering if this whole fear is overblown. I’ve been doing a couple MAG-10 pulse fasts a week with good results, prob about ~800 calories on those days. Dropped about 10lbs while adding some mass to my legs.

Been lifting heavy, but just wondering how agressive I can be in terms of weight loss. I’ve been thinking of bumping it up to 3 times a week just to get the cutting over with for the summer and start “lean bulking” after I drop another 5 lbs.

[quote]willden wrote:
Srs question…has anyone here from experience lost any serious strength/mass from cutting with calories too low? I’m wondering if this whole fear is overblown. I’ve been doing a couple MAG-10 pulse fasts a week with good results, prob about ~800 calories on those days. Dropped about 10lbs while adding some mass to my legs.

Been lifting heavy, but just wondering how agressive I can be in terms of weight loss. I’ve been thinking of bumping it up to 3 times a week just to get the cutting over with for the summer and start “lean bulking” after I drop another 5 lbs.[/quote]

I’d honestly ask about pulse fasts in the Biotest sup forum area. Otherwise my advice would be: Don’t do them, get a proper sustainable diet based around whole foods, and then worry less about a number of pounds lost goal and more about what you see (or don’t) in the mirror.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 is one of the most anti-catabolic agents we’ve experienced, so with its addition it would be very difficult to lose muscle even on a strict diet. And muscle gain is possible too if add proper peri-workout nutrition, such as <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma.

We generally recommend only two Pulse Fasts (a semi-fast where MAG-10 is pulsed in all day, every 2-3 hours) per week, a few days apart. However, many have had success with a similar plan that involves pulsing with Mag-10 all day, then having an evening healthy solid meal. You can do this every day of your cut with no worries – no metabolism slowdown, no muscle loss.