Biotest

Current Weight...Wait Before Trying V-Diet?

Hello, I am new here and I have been lurking this past week when I accidentally discovered this site… this is embarrassing to post about my weight but here I go…

I have lost 75lbs over 8 months (my starting weight was SO BAD… 288lbs)–and during the last 6 months I have done 2, 3 month workout programs (Chalene Extreme and then P90X Classic)

As big as I was/am, I was able to complete P90X which I thought I just wouldn’t because of my weight…when I started I was 244lbs.

Now I am down to 213lbs and its crazy that even at this weight I feel so great. I went on a tour in Germany to the Neuschwanstein Castle, where we had to walk up a steep road/trail (the brochure said it was a 20 minute uphill walk). I was in such good shape I didn’t need to take any breaks but the group I was with that was mostly thin people had to take several breaks because they were breathing so hard…it took us over a half an hour to get there because of the breaks they had to take.

I just discovered the V-Diet and was interested in trying it, but when I put my height/weight/gender information (I am a woman so it says you have to be 200lbs or under) it said the diet is not for me.

Because of the shape I am in now… would you think I should still have to wait until I am down to 200lbs to try to start this?

[quote]PhantomMoon wrote:
Hello, I am new here and I have been lurking this past week when I accidentally discovered this site… this is embarrassing to post about my weight but here I go…

I have lost 75lbs over 8 months (my starting weight was SO BAD… 288lbs)–and during the last 6 months I have done 2, 3 month workout programs (Chalene Extreme and then P90X Classic)

As big as I was/am, I was able to complete P90X which I thought I just wouldn’t because of my weight…when I started I was 244lbs.

Now I am down to 213lbs and its crazy that even at this weight I feel so great. I went on a tour in Germany to the Neuschwanstein Castle, where we had to walk up a steep road/trail (the brochure said it was a 20 minute uphill walk). I was in such good shape I didn’t need to take any breaks but the group I was with that was mostly thin people had to take several breaks because they were breathing so hard…it took us over a half an hour to get there because of the breaks they had to take.

I just discovered the V-Diet and was interested in trying it, but when I put my height/weight/gender information (I am a woman so it says you have to be 200lbs or under) it said the diet is not for me.

Because of the shape I am in now… would you think I should still have to wait until I am down to 200lbs to try to start this? [/quote]

You can plug in the max weight ( 200 ) then add in 1 scoop per day of low carb MD. With that being said - You could probably try some pulse fasts to help you finish those last 13 pounds.

Then do the V-Diet to the letter.

I’d rather see you drop a few more pounds before trying the V-Diet. You could also do what’s sort of an intro to the V-Diet. We call it a “V-Diet Lite.”

Low-Carb Metabolic Drive shake for the first and last meal of the day, healthy solid meals between.

Sorry my reply is so late! Thank you for the advice. I decided I will try to do a low-carb diet and just do my own workout and try to get down to around 175lbs and do the V-Diet.

I saw so many great recipes for the V-Diet that are high in protein that I will incorporate these recipes for a high protein diet :slight_smile: