Biotest

CrossFit Supplement Questions

John asks:

I am going to be starting a CrossFit training regiment in the near future as well as adding martial arts to the mix once into CrossFit training for awhile and my body begins to move better. However I need 3 types of supplements to be successful at it: A good pre-workout, a post-workout recovery, a good joint supplement (as I have arthritis in both knees), and actually a 4th a good testosterone/GH boosting supplement. And also how much would be the total for these supplements including shipping to Canada. I live in Ontario. I have a milk allergy so the post-workout recovery needs to be something without milk proteins in it.

[quote]T NATION wrote:
John asks:

I am going to be starting a CrossFit training regiment in the near future as well as adding martial arts to the mix once into CrossFit training for awhile and my body begins to move better. However I need 3 types of supplements to be successful at it: A good pre-workout, a post-workout recovery, a good joint supplement (as I have arthritis in both knees), and actually a 4th a good testosterone/GH boosting supplement. And also how much would be the total for these supplements including shipping to Canada. I live in Ontario. I have a milk allergy so the post-workout recovery needs to be something without milk proteins in it.[/quote]

John, I work with a lot of competitive Crossfit athletes. This year alone I work with 14 competitors going to the East Super Regionals, including the top guy and top girl from the Canada East region.

I’m not a big fan of typical “pre-workout” supplements, those with a lot of stimulants in them I mean. Sure they can get you amped up, but it comes at a cost: you can develop adrenal fatigue from them and become desensitized, at which point you’ll have zero energy.

Furthermore in Crossfit you do not want to use a stimulant that elevate heart rate too much, it can actually be detrimental to endurance and make you burn out faster.

The two supplements I put the most emphasis on with Crossfit athletes are PLAZMA and SURGE WORKOUT FUEL. Both are used pre and during workouts. PLAZMA is used when the workout is more “lifting/strength” based whereas Workout fuel is used when the workout is more endurance-driven.

They take PLAZMA/WORKOUT FUEL pre and during workouts (half before, half during).

I also recommend BRAIN CANDY. It is not a stimulant per se, more like a confidence/mood/focus enhancer… this is BY FAR their favorite supplement. All of their lifting PRs tend to be due in part to BRAIN CANDY. They use between 1/2 to 1 bottle per day, some only use it when they have a particularly big workout coming up.

As for any joint/muscle pain, Curcumin is a great product to use especially if you use it in conjunction with FLAMEOUT.

This is an easy one.

Plazma, pre and during.
MAG-10’ after.
Flameout
Alpha Male

Going to the store and clicking the category you are looking for, works very well.

I’m from Canada. You place your order (add promo code for Canadians if still available), your card will be charge the conversion automatically, pay the delivery charge, when you receive your order you will pay the duty (cash or. Cheque).

Take 3-5 days for Calgary.

I usually order for a few months at a time.