Biotest

CrH V-Diet Logs

[quote]Seachel_25 wrote:
Yay progress! Keep it up and battle through!

And for your lack of chicken wings: Get chicken breast, lightly bread them with rice or almond flour and egg. Throw them into the oven and bake them. Then dump some hot sauce on them (like Frank’s Red Hot… 0 Cals!). Make an avocado dip to replace the blue cheese, and all will be good in the world. [/quote]

To that, all I can add is some sweet potato fries…will have good dreams tonight…

Day 9 went as expected, no muss no fuss. Thought I would mind the taste of the shakes by now but it’s all good. Like a tonne of people has already said in other posts, the main problem is what to do with all the extra time! Even if you don’t cook, a lot of time is spent thinking about what to eat and then getting it and then eating it…to fill out my lunch hour today I actually cleaned my desk and got rid of two years of accumulated junk…literally junk, have of it was empty take away bags, delivery bags and snack food wrappers. Oh the shame of my former existence…

Day 10 was a little less kind to me…spent time last night going through the details of the workout and realised I neglected one important bit on selecting the weights. I have to pick the weight I can probably use to do only 1 set of 8-9 really well and with good form. I had chosen a weight that I thought I could do 4-5 sets of 8-9 reps…big difference. Don’t worry about the number of sets, push yourself and complete your allotted reps, that’s the message I think. Anyway got it right today and managed not to embarrass myself too much. Nice things is that the morning crowd at my gym is a pretty chill and understanding set…they look away and don’t make a big deal when you mess up. Bless 'em…

Day 9 NEPA: 4.2mph @ 3.5% incline, 45mins

Day 10

Workout:
Dumbbell rear lunge: 50lbs dumbbells - 50x8, 50x6, 50x6, 50x5, 50x5, 50x4, 50x4, 50x2
Barbell bent-over row: 155x8, 155x8, 155x7, 155x6, 155x5, 155x5, 155x5, 155x1
Push press: 115x8, 115x8, 115x6, 115x5,115x5, 115x4,115x4
Barbell curl: 90x8, 90x8, 90x7, 90x6, 90x6, 90x5
Reverse crunch: 9, 9, 8, 8, 6

NEPA: 4.4mph @ 3.5% incline, 45mins

Battle On!

Check it out! The V-Diet not only cleans out your eating habits and kitchen, but also your desk!!

Good work on figuring out your numbers for the workouts, I’m still playing with mine. It’s a tough pill to bite, getting sets of 2s and 3s when you’re aiming for 40 total, but I suppose that’s the point.

So happy to hear you found the measurements motivating, your results are awesome so far! I might be just as excited for measurements as I am for my HSM on Friday. Did you find it hard to go back to just shakes after the HSM? This might be my biggest concern in the whole thing!

Rock on!

[quote]accidentalyogi wrote:
Check it out! The V-Diet not only cleans out your eating habits and kitchen, but also your desk!!

Good work on figuring out your numbers for the workouts, I’m still playing with mine. It’s a tough pill to bite, getting sets of 2s and 3s when you’re aiming for 40 total, but I suppose that’s the point.

So happy to hear you found the measurements motivating, your results are awesome so far! I might be just as excited for measurements as I am for my HSM on Friday. Did you find it hard to go back to just shakes after the HSM? This might be my biggest concern in the whole thing!

Rock on![/quote]

I thought going back after my HSM would suck but it didn’t, not one bit. I will admit, after my HSM I started thinking about all the junk I used to eat but it was mostly like remembering a bad habit. I’m thinking “some potato chips would be awesome about now” but I didn’t actually feel hungry. Next thing I knew, I was busily cleaning my spoon (translated to liking it clean before I dump it in the sink) after adding almond butter to my final shake. Then I completely lost all those thoughts about junk half way though the shake. Next morning, didn’t even think about it. My though process went kinds like this…get up…starving, need breakfast…is blender clean or use bottle?..blender…what flavor this morning?..etc. All this while I’m seriously groggy and can’t even think straight yet.

I may just be me, but I find it gets worse when I worry about it. As soon as I’m too busy or occupied to worry about the craving, no issues. This week actually surprises me, I can’t believe it’s over already and no huge cravings about junk food. The shakes were a breeze, the workout though…that’s another story…reps can feel like a pain doing them but you feel so awesome when you’re done.

It’s all good. All I recommend is that you follow the instructions…east slowly. Radishes and fresh greens actually taste awesome!

Another fairly good day. I’m beginning to feel some of the differences in my body on fairly mundane things. Simple things like getting up out of my chair after a solid hour in-front of the PC at work. After a while, you begin to notice how it just feels easier somehow. The other nice thing is that my friends at work have cooled down on the liquid diet jokes…7 lbs and 1.5" off the waist isn’t that funny…so I told them, I might have been gloating just a teensy little but since Monday…

Day 11

NEPA: 4.5mph @ 4% incline, 45mins

Battle on!

Thanks for the reply!

After my HSM last night, I totally get what you’re saying. My brain was definitely running, thinking “ooh, you know what else would be really good right now…” but that’s just old habits lingering.

When I start to get irritated, hungry, frustrated or annoyed with the diet, it’s usually shake time. Once I’ve had it, I’m pretty well good to go. So it seems the secret to success really is just buckling down and sticking with it!

Rock on!

It has been a busy few days for me, but I’m really feeling like my old disciplined ways are back, haven’t faltered with the diet yet. I’m not lacking for temptation mind you, a rough day for me usually ends with me having a few glasses of my favorite wine or so nicely aged, way to expensive double shots of single malt scotch…hard to believe it was just two week ago…

Hit some new numbers on Friday in my continued effort to push myself even further, I know good results will be harder to get the longer you go. It never ceases to amaze me, no matter how often it happens, that going from 250-235 lbs can happen really fast, moving form 235-220 can take forever…don’t even think about 205!..well, no matter, will get there. Will not say to much about pull-ups, they totally kicked my but yet again and moved on to laughing at me being a puny humiliated weakling! The fight continues, 2-zip but I’m still in there…

On Saturday I got to do some skiing! Now, I’m using that term freely because my skiing I mean I a learner (only the second time in skis) and I mostly am upright for a brief time before by ass finds to best and most embarrassing means to have an unplanned meeting with the snow. No worries, all the kinds in the vicinity knew enough to steer around the heap that was skis, poles and various limbs at odd angles. Tough going but I eventually got to a point where I could make it down a few runs, mostly upright. I’ll take any victory I can get. So with all the pains and aches I feel (not the ones related to my many spills, those hurt differently), and how I felt like I went for a small run just walking around in the snow, I think I will call that my Saturday NEPA, thank you very much. Seriously though, love skiing (or falling uncontrollable down a slope in skis, which ever way you would like to look at) and would recommend it to everybody. Kicking myself for waiting all this time to learn.

Today, v-challenge…holy shit! Does this thing never get easier! Yeah, yeah I know, if it was easy then what’s the point…I just need to vent a little. Push-clap kills me in the middle. It seems it’s ideally place to such any extra juice that you may have still had from the first three exercises so that you’re completed winded through the reaming four! Anyway, did the damn thing, felt awesome after the last round, although it’s admittedly hard to feel too awesome when you’re on the floor sucking air! Much better time so I call that a win!

My HSM totally made up for it :smiley:

Sirloin steak, about 7-8 oz, spinach, asparagus and baked sweet potato fries…yum. For desert, I had a mix of bits of apple, a few strawberries and blackberries, brazil nuts and walnuts. Loved my little concoction, so sad that it’s all over [sigh]. Anyway, there’s next week…I think I feel for an oily fish…Tuna or Salmon maybe…

Enough talk, the logs if you please…

Day 12

Barbell deadlift: 275x8, 275x8, 275x6, 275x6, 275x6, 275x4, 275x2
Dumbbell decline press: (75lb dumbbells) 75x8, 75x8, 75x7, 75x4, 75x4, 75x4, 75x3, 75x2
Pull-up: (bodyweight) 7, 7, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3
Hand walkout from knees: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4

NEPA: 4.5mph @ 4% incline, 45 mins

Day 13

NEPA: 2hours skiing (and falling) and walking uphill in deep snow to the washroom, and uphill to get my shake bottle, and … you get the idea…

Day 14

V-challenge: 22:56

Weight in tomorrow! Really stoked…battle on…

Sounds like you’re kicking ass!! Way to go, and your HSM sounds incredible!

For the pull-ups - have you tried jumping or climbing up and doing slow negatives? That’s what helped me most, especially slowing right at the bottom when your whole body is just screaming to drop! Sure, the first few feel like you’re just dropping, but over time it does get better. There’s an article on here from way back that talks about it, I’ll see if I can dig it up for you.

Looking forward to your weigh-in results.

Rock on!

My new number aren’t as impressive as last week but they’re trending in the right direction. It still puts a smile on my face.

Height: 6’1"
Weight: ----------255 lbs—247.4 lbs–245.4 lbs
Neck:------------18 1/8"—17 3/4"—17 3/4"
Shoulders:--------54 1/2"—53 1/2"—53 1/4"
Chest - Upper:----44 7/8"—44 3/4"—43 3/4"
Chest - Lower:----45 7/8"—44 7/8"—43 1/2"
Waist - at Navel: --45 3/8"—43 3/4"—42 3/4"
Waist - at largest: -45 3/8"—43 3/4"—42 3/4"
Hips - at largest:–44 1/4"—44"------43 1/4"
Upper Arm - L:----15"------15 1/8"—15 1/2"
Upper Arm - R:----14 8/9"–15 1/4"—15 1/2"
Upper Leg - L:-----28 1/8"–27 3/4"—27 1/2"
Upper Leg - R:-----27 7/8"–27 3/4"—27 1/2"
Lower Leg - L:-----17"------16 7/8"—16 3/4"
Lower Leg - R:-----17 3/8"–17"-------16 7/8"
Ankle - L:---------9 7/16"–9 7/16"—9 1/2"
Ankle - R:---------9 3/8"— 9 3/8" —9 1/2"

Only 2.5 lbs, but another inch off the beer keg! Upper arms are a touch bigger which is nice considering I’m dropping weight and loosing inches everywhere else.

Sounds like you’re kicking ass!! Way to go, and your HSM sounds incredible!

For the pull-ups - have you tried jumping or climbing up and doing slow negatives? That’s what helped me most, especially slowing right at the bottom when your whole body is just screaming to drop! Sure, the first few feel like you’re just dropping, but over time it does get better. There’s an article on here from way back that talks about it, I’ll see if I can dig it up for you.

Looking forward to your weigh-in results.

Rock on![/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try anything to help at this point. Let me know if you find that article. Cheers

Still thinking about my HSM so I decided to upload a pic…
The most amazing part is that I had two more pieces of 7 oz steaks available but I was too damn full have any more!

Was really tired for the workout this morning. Less than a stellar workout resulted. Think it was due to not enough sleep mostly, and my arms still haven’t recovered from the v-challenge (damn push claps!). Think I’ll either try to do them on a Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning to give them some more time to recover. More sleep will also clearly help. Feels like I punked out on the dumbbell bench press. Here are the numbers

Chin-ups: (Bodyweight) 5, 5, 4, 4, 2
Dumbbell bench press: 75x5, 75x5, 70x5, 70x5
Front squat: 200x5, 200x5, 200x5, 200x5
Ab wheel rollout on knees: 5,5,5,5

Battle continues…

Can’t find the exact article (or if there ever actually was one), but this one sort of hits what I was saying: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/things_you_should_know_how_to_do_1_the_pullup

Basically, when I started, I aimed for 10 sets of 3 slow negatives over the course of my workout. I’d space 'em out so I wasn’t exhausted or hogging the bars for an eternity. Once those got nice and slow all the way through, I started jumping to pull myself up and lowering slow (until I couldn’t pull up - then back to just negatives to finish the 10 sets). The idea is to gradually work towards 10 sets of 3 pull ups then work on 10 sets of 4, etc. I’m still far from great at them, but this method worked pretty well for me.

I have a pullup bar in one of my doorways at home and I try to get in a couple clean reps from dead hang every day, varying the grip between pro- and supinated just to keep it interesting.

Good luck, great job on the measurements, and that HSM looks awesome!

Feeling OK despite the lethargic start. All went well. I haven’t adjusted mentally yet though to the fact that I’ve already started week 3…shit, I’m in week 3, I feel like I just freakin started and there is like a tonne a time ahead of me! Getting through v-challenge is probably the worse thing for me so far, the shakes, the easiest…damn did I just jinx it…

Anyway…

NEPA: 4.5 mph @ 4% incline. 45 mins

Can’t find the exact article (or if there ever actually was one), but this one sort of hits what I was saying: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/things_you_should_know_how_to_do_1_the_pullup

Basically, when I started, I aimed for 10 sets of 3 slow negatives over the course of my workout. I’d space 'em out so I wasn’t exhausted or hogging the bars for an eternity. Once those got nice and slow all the way through, I started jumping to pull myself up and lowering slow (until I couldn’t pull up - then back to just negatives to finish the 10 sets). The idea is to gradually work towards 10 sets of 3 pull ups then work on 10 sets of 4, etc. I’m still far from great at them, but this method worked pretty well for me.

I have a pullup bar in one of my doorways at home and I try to get in a couple clean reps from dead hang every day, varying the grip between pro- and supinated just to keep it interesting.

Good luck, great job on the measurements, and that HSM looks awesome![/quote]

Cheers. Will have a look at this link and see when I can tryout this out.
The really good thing about that HSM was how easy it was to do. The preparation was part fo the fun.
Thanks, measurements keep me going. In the past I’ve killed myself on some intense routines and diets only to loose just over an inch off the gut in 4 weeks so I’m stoked. You’re doing good yourself, sounds like you have the cravings thing almost beat already.

Still can’t believe it’s week 3! And it’s almost over…
After the totally crappy start on Monday (yeah everyones favorite day, what a surprise it started like shit) Wednesday got off with a blast. I’ve been feeling overall really better with my body since early last week but I woke up yesterday in a genuinely good mood for no reason I could tell and a lot of energy to boot. Woke up before the alarm, got ready for gym and hit running. Man that was a good workout, I pushed it and it pushed back…endorphins are gooood! High on my own supply…some of that great feeling even lasted into today.

Happy Valentines All! My numbers follow…btw, Valentine didn’t save me from NEPA…

Day 17----------------

Dumbbell rear lunge: (55lbs dumbbells) 55x9, 55x8, 55x6, 55x6, 55x6, 55x5
Barbell bent-over row: 165x9, 165x8, 165x7, 165x6, 165x6, 165x4
Push Press: 125x8, 125x6, 125x6, 125x5, 125x3, 125x3, 125x3, 125x3, 125x3
Barbell curl: 95x9, 95x9, 95x8, 95x5, 95x5, 95x4
Reverse crunch: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4

NEPA: 4.3mph @ 4% incline, 45mins

Day 18------------------

NEPA: 4.4mph @ 4% incline, 45mins

Have to say I’m having a good week with these workouts, looks like mentally relaxing more and getting a decent nights sleep is really paying dividends for me. Got another super workout, not too much blood was left on the gym floor, I held my own. Some gym patrons are even starting to show some props to my workout…you would think after a while you get old and wise enough to not even need validation from random gym peers but sorry, still matters to me and it felt good :smiley:

Day f’ing 19! Almost can’t believe I lasted this long on just shakes…don’t even feel the need to bitch about it anymore. Good to win a few battles every now and then. Speaking of which, me and Mr. Pull-up have come to an understanding, since I’ve lost a little weight, he being a bit more gentle about kicking my ass. Only embarrasses me just a little, and mostly when nobody’s looking…
Battle on fellow fat eradicators!

Day 19

Barbell deadlift: 285x9, 285x9, 285x9, 285x7, 285x4, 285x2
Dumbbell decline bench press: (80lb dumbbells) 80x9, 80x9, 80x8, 80x4, 80x4, 80x3, 80x3
Pull-ups: 8, 8, 7, 6, 5, 3, 3
Hand walkout from knees: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4

NEPA: 4.5mph @ 4% incline, 45mins

Great to hear that you’re holding your own on these workouts! Keep up the work and power through. You’ve only got about a week left, so keep moving forward!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.