Biotest

Creatine Monohydrate vs. Malate?

travis8798 asks:

Why is there a difference in the recommended use for creatine monohydrate and creatine malate?

Specifically, there is no loading phase prescribed for creatine malate and there is no recommendation to take it with something insulinogenic.

I plan to take my 5g of creatine malate immediately pre-workout, as prescribed on the bottle. I just want to make sure I’m getting the most out of my supplement though. So, is there anything you suggest?

Creatine Malate is more bioavailable. It absorbs faster with no bloating. There’s no need to load it. (Dicreatine malate will also work for many who were non-responders to creatine monohydrate or who had upset stomachs from standard creatine usage.) Tossing it into a workout drink is a good plan of attack.

I thought you weren’t supposed to mix anything in with your Plazma drink?

[quote]juverulez wrote:
I thought you weren’t supposed to mix anything in with your Plazma drink?
[/quote]

We’ve always said that pure creatine is fine.

Is the Malate version any more stable in fluid?
Monohydrate was to be chugged right away for fear of the creatine turning into creatinine. I suspect the same with Malate?

That’s what Tim recommends: mix then consume soon after, just in case.

Chris, when do you recommend taking on non-Training days?

[quote]Saeufer wrote:
Chris, when do you recommend taking on non-Training days?[/quote]

It doesn’t seem to matter with creatine. Having it with something a little carby may help, but with continued use it’s tough to screw up creatine usage.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Saeufer wrote:
Chris, when do you recommend taking on non-Training days?[/quote]

It doesn’t seem to matter with creatine. Having it with something a little carby may help, but with continued use it’s tough to screw up creatine usage. [/quote]

Thought so, but have never tried the malate so thought I’d check. Thanks!