Biotest

Creatine/Alpha Male on the V-Diet

There are several studies that suggest Creatine Monohydrate is effective at preventing muscle wasting (check out google or pubmed for interest).

Ditto for increased Testosterone levels, an effect of Alpha Male. I’d venture the same is true for BCAA.

Any reason these aren’t part of the ‘core’ diet?

I’ll hazard a guess here.

Cost.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote (in his stickied thread which you should have read):
BCAA: 2 bottles exactly (12 tablets per day)
TRIBEX Gold: 3 bottles
Superfood: 2 bottles
Creatine: 1 bottle
ZMA: 2
Caffeine-free Spike: 1
REZ-V: 2[/quote]

Go for it.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2125931

Makavali: I did read that (and noted Alpha Male was not listed), but Creatine being as cheap and proven as it is, I was surprised it wasn’t recommended as a must-have in the ‘core’ diet.

Perhaps it can depress people to not lose some of the water weight quickly?

I think the water weight may be part of the reason.

Alpha Male is replaced with TRIBEX Gold. Alpha Male would work the same, but it has a full dose of Carbolin 19 like HOT-ROX.

I take creatine, about 4 grams, right after my workout. If taken with water, I don’t think it would harm anything.

What I’ve really noticed is how hard it is to workout without the carbs…it is rough. So I went and got a prescription for an ‘alertness’ med (modafinil) since I can’t handle Yohimbine.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I take creatine, about 4 grams, right after my workout. If taken with water, I don’t think it would harm anything.

What I’ve really noticed is how hard it is to workout without the carbs…it is rough. So I went and got a prescription for an ‘alertness’ med (modafinil) since I can’t handle Yohimbine.[/quote]

Am I wrong for thinking I’m supposed to drink half my Surge during workouts on this diet (and the other half after)? Doesn’t that help with the ‘bonk’ of low-carb workouts?

Heck, if I can work out while doing 20g/day of carbs on Atkins-type induction, I can do it on 100g/day.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Am I wrong for thinking I’m supposed to drink half my Surge during workouts on this diet (and the other half after)? Doesn’t that help with the ‘bonk’ of low-carb workouts?[/quote]

Up to you I guess… half during and half after helps get you through the workouts though. My guess is that most people would recommend it.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

What I’ve really noticed is how hard it is to workout without the carbs…it is rough. So I went and got a prescription for an ‘alertness’ med (modafinil) since I can’t handle Yohimbine.

Am I wrong for thinking I’m supposed to drink half my Surge during workouts on this diet (and the other half after)? Doesn’t that help with the ‘bonk’ of low-carb workouts?

Heck, if I can work out while doing 20g/day of carbs on Atkins-type induction, I can do it on 100g/day.[/quote]

I did it that way with great results. If you use the Waterbury workouts from the Physique Clinic, you’re done in about 30 minutes, which I think helps avoid the “bonk”, as it were.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Heck, if I can work out while doing 20g/day of carbs on Atkins-type induction, I can do it on 100g/day.[/quote]

I am very sensitive to carbs, so tried to minimize too much I guess. Yes, it is good to use Surge during the workout.

I’m down 4 pounds on day 5, and my libido is going crazy. Maybe I wasn’t getting enough protein before? Can we count spending time with the mrs. as the NEPA part of the plan? :wink:

Depends. If you’re spending a vigorous 30 minutes, yes. If its 2 pumps and done, not so much :wink:

[quote]jstines wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Can we count spending time with the mrs. as the NEPA part of the plan? :wink:

Depends. If you’re spending a vigorous 30 minutes, yes. If its 2 pumps and done, not so much ;)[/quote]

Hey, I’m 53. 30 minutes is a memory…also, about how long I remember things anymore.

What interested me wrt the libido thing is that I recently finished a cycle. 3 X a year I do a 12 weeker, Dbol and Cyp, 40 mg Dbol/ED for the first 4 weeks. My libido is always low at the end of a cycle.