Biotest

Craving Killer: Pickled Grapes

[center]Craving Killer: Pickled Grapes [/center]
[center] [/center]
There’s a theory out there that humans were “built” with a sweet tooth. Basically, this adapted desire for something sweet made us seek out a wider variety of nutrients from fruits and vegetables, leading to a healthier, smarter, longer-living species.

But as you know, that innate longing for sweetness bastardized into refined sugar and HFCS addiction. The <a href="http://velocity.tmuscle.com/free_online_program/sports_body_training_diet_velocity/velocity_diet_30#velocity-diet-3-0"target=“new”>V-Diet can help you squash that in about 21 days, but let’s talk for a minute about how to satisfy our in-born sweet tooth while retaining our abs and avoiding Mr. Diabetes.

My favorite source of sweetness is berries, fruits, and sucralose (Splenda). Here’s an admittedly weird recipe that uses a couple of those things. Pop one or two of these when you get a sweet craving. The combination of sweet grapes and tangy vinegar will satisfy a craving in two bites.

[center]Pickled Grapes [/center]
The Stuff

Note: Cut the recipe in half if you want to try out a smaller batch before you commit. As written, the yield is about two jars.

1 pound seedless grapes,
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup Splenda
Big pinch of whole cloves
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 cinnamon stick, cut in half
1/4 teaspoon salt

Makin’ the Stuff

1. De-stem your grapes, then carefully cut off a tiny portion of the stem end so that a little flesh is exposed. This is tedious. Pay a child with good knife skills $2 to do it.

[center] [/center]
Place grapes in two canning jars.

1. Throw all the remaining ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir, kill the heat. You now have two choices: Allow liquid to cool completely which will lead to a firmer “pickle.” Or pour it over the grapes hot for a softer fleshed product. Up to you. Decide and pour liquid into jars.

[center] [/center]
3) Refrigerate overnight, then eat cold.

Weird? Yes. A perfect craving killer? You bet. – Chris

Chris, the cloves are missing in the recipe. Did you change them for the mustard seed?

P.S. Did a Damson Plume Cake with almond flour, where would be a good place to post the recipe?

[quote]alexanderdokov wrote:
Chris, the cloves are missing in the recipe. Did you change them for the mustard seed?

P.S. Did a Damson Plume Cake with almond flour, where would be a good place to post the recipe?[/quote]

1. Good catch! I had originally posted an older version of the recipe. The one up now, with cloves, is much better. Thanks!

2. I think that this week we’ll be launching some new Velocity Life forums. If so, I’d love to see your recipe in one of those. I think one will be just for recipes and HSMs. Stay tuned!

Ha! You tried to fool me Chris, but my eye sight was right on!

Do it the right way! Always a cold pickle, never heated. Atleast that’s what my pickle jar says… ( that would be let the boil cool before adding in, hehe )

Preserving tomatoes is a great way to have a soup in a jar in a way, find a french recipes and preserve in oil with herbs, drain then you can blend it with a dash of cream for hot soup.

Kung - I make something like that for a lot of my meals, it’s really good stuff. Plus it volumizes the meal, adds some nice olive oil fat to the diet and tastes great.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
2. I think that this week we’ll be launching some new Velocity Life forums. If so, I’d love to see your recipe in one of those. I think one will be just for recipes and HSMs. Stay tuned!
[/quote]

I just got so excited reading that, I peed a little. Like a puppy. A poor, excited little puppy.

Chris,

Have you ever tried pickling a water melon rind? I’ve heard good things.

Waste not want not.

[quote]sanshin wrote:
Chris,

Have you ever tried pickling a water melon rind? I’ve heard good things.

Waste not want not.[/quote]

That sounds absolutely bizarre.

So, of course, I have to try it someday!

Pickled whole okra is my favorite.

If the tops of the grapes get cut off anyway, why de-stem?

[quote]ViziVix wrote:
If the tops of the grapes get cut off anyway, why de-stem?[/quote]

Ever try to cut off the top of a grape when it’s still in a bunch? Not easy. By “de-stem” I just mean to take them off the bunch. Plus if you de-stem first then you can eat the tops as you trim. Trimmings always go to the chef!

Hey chris i am trying to argue with someone about veganism, my cousin is a vegan. They aren’t too healthy, i remember a guy on another forum who used to be 175 lbs then bulked up to 205 lbs but had 15% bodyfat and could only add 20 lbs to his 185 bench in a whole year, i found out the problem, he was a vegetarian who ate “minimal” of soy… and he relied on creatine and stuff…

she wont budge, its just some fad teenage girls and bald men with goatees do.

So i start off with the enzyme argument, there are 6 enzyme types designed to break down flesh,
also the myth the human intestine is the same length of a herbivore,

a dog has a intestine 3-4 times relative to their body

a cow has a digestion relative 20 times to their body

but a human has 8 times the relative, meaning we are omnivores and in the middle.

Anybody got any more???

Kung- lead by example, get in shape( better shape?) eat right, and just let your cousin see how healthy you are. You’re not going to force someone to do something they don’t want to.

Just be a good example and just drop casual hints, no need to argue. Arguing will just make them angry and not willing to listen. Maybe give them an article here and there about the dangers of soy, articles about good fats, etc. Just say “hey i thought this might interest you”.

You can’t change the world by force, instead you change by example, 1 person at a time.

There’s a lot of info out there about why vegetarianism and veganism isn’t natural for human beings. I’m trying to recall the name of one site that contains all this info (put together by a former vegetarian.) I’ll post it if I can find it.

Until then, he’s some good info from an older article of mine: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/can_vegetarians_build_muscle

Thanks guys, and thank cortijeir for calling me by my name.
I have a few projects upcoming i might do an essay on my viewpoints in a constructive manner, i already got some decent grades on my experiment with a worms prefered habitat.

My school contains pseudo vegetarians, they eat chicken and fish but no red meats and no strong cheeses.

I have had this question on my mind and it is quite repeated yet never answered, can you take the circumstances of a persons genetics and replicate it in another without harm? Not steroids, but the potential.

If we were to find out jay cutler hormonal balance and certain organ functions maybe we can develop a way to supplement to decrease and increase functions that are required to be a mesomorph and in that balance, of course you cant grow taller or shorter but maybe pushing a persons ability farther…i imagine a future of supersoldiers.