Biotest

CoS and DeannaV's V-Diet Log

Time to do work SON!

CoS: I’ve been there before, the lean level a lot of us look for… And it was hell for me to get there, let alone staying there. I did a natural bb competition back in Sept 07, a full 2 years ago. Since then I have been close to that shape once, and it was easier then the first time. Basically what I am trying to get after, is once and for all getting my body to the level I work so freaking hard for. I hate working my butt off day in and day out, eating so strict it is borderline insane (without little return). I can’t sustain it anymore. I am losing my mind. So I want to rewrite my habits and find a way to be where I belong without killing myself over it.

I for one lose body fat pretty easily, but I also put it on easily. Not to mention that once I get to about 10% it becomes quite hard for me. I think it’s all in my head though.

I don’t play games when it comes to my goals. I am here for the right reasons, and I am going to do what needs to be done. Like it has been said many times on this site, better to goto battle with the entire army and descimate the city to rather then send in one person at a time for a few years. I want what I deserve, and I want it sooner then later. So hop on board, this is going to be intense.

My gf will write her story tonight I assume, after work. So I’ll leave some room for her to edit in her story.

CoS Starting Stats: 200lbs, BF: Unknown, I do know my LBM is around 168-170.

Here are some pictures

Velocity Diet

Day 1 - October 16th 2009

Workout: Day 1 (Friday)
Advanced Program
Weights:
A - 215, B - 95, C - BW+80, D - Ab Wheel from Feet

Comments: I feel pretty good, nothing out of the ordinary. Taking some Cold FX to make sure I don’t get sick as I feel a bit of a headache brewing. The training session was intense to say the least. I felt somewhat woozy at the end of it, and my abdomine was getting fried quick. Trying to figure out what and where I’m going to go for my NEPA, I’ll do 30 minutes today. Liking the flavor of the Chocolate, Bananna I can see getting old quick if I stick with it meal after meal.

Weight: 200lbs

Day 1
Did the first workout of the program and I found it short but sweet.
Not eating solid food is quite an adjustment. I never realised what a big roll food plays in my life until today. Excited to see the end results! 27 more days to go !
Starting stats: height-5’ 10.5"
weight-178lbs
waist- 29"
hips- 42"

Back shot

Nothin’ like jammin’ on my GH.

Day 2 - October 17th 2009

NEPA: about an hour walking around town with my girl, lookin for my Thor costume. (Also fell down a flight of stairs, which was awesome)

Comments: So far, I am feeling good. I am hoping the rest of the time on the diet is this easy. I’ve dieted pretty strict before, so it’s nothing knew to me though. Going to go see Paranormal Activity today, better not make me throw up with all that camera movement.

One thing I am wondering about is sodium intake. On the V-Diet, is there even any sodium? I’ll check the powders.

Kind of missing the amount of training I am accustomed to, I usually train 4-5 times a week, and this decrease in training volume is leaving me feeling a bit iron lonely. I miss my barbell.

Good luck to you both. Looks like we will be doing this together.

Day 2
I agree with my bf about the lack of pumping iron. More reason to really KILL IT tomorrow. Like him, i’m use to hitting it hard 5-6 times a week.

On the food front or lack thereof, i naturally have a sweet tooth so the shakes to me are like candy! I put nutmeg, cinnamon,lots of ice and chocolate MD in the blender and it tasted just like a chocolate frosty from wendy’s…pretty damn good:)

Anticipating tomorrow’s workout…

[quote]Folsom wrote:
Good luck to you both. Looks like we will be doing this together.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot bro, time to get some serious results out of this V-Diet monster. Staring into the abyss we are.

Day 3
Woke up STARVING, took 2 HOT-ROX and i’m working on my first shake of the day. In an hour i’ll be at the gym doing day 2 of the intermediate program.
I’ve been drinking alot of herbal tea which seems to help subside cravings between shakes.
I’m already feeling the effects of not taking in so many calories, no bloating and surprisingly more energy!

[quote]DeannaV wrote:
Day 3
Woke up STARVING, took 2 HOT-ROX and i’m working on my first shake of the day. In an hour i’ll be at the gym doing day 2 of the intermediate program.
I’ve been drinking alot of herbal tea which seems to help subside cravings between shakes.
I’m already feeling the effects of not taking in so many calories, no bloating and surprisingly more energy![/quote]

So she came home after her workout totally drained. Lol she passed out like 5-10 minutes ago. Guess she trained hard, eh?

My turn to go to the gym and get my pass out on! On to Day 3, ain’t no thang but a chicken wang.

Yeah yeah i took a much needed nap after returning home from my workout… btw the raspberry flavoured Surge almost made me throw up SO GROSS.

OKAY so here’s how it went down!
REVERSE LUNGES 30lb db’s(next time it’ll be 35’s) 4x10
db BENT-OVER ROWS 40lb db’s 1x10 1x10 1x8 1x6 1x6
bb PUSH-PRESS 70lbs 1x10 1x9 1x8 1x8 1x5
bb BI CURL 40LBS 5X8
and finished it all off with reverse crunches nice and slow.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Day 3 - October 18th 2009

Workout: Day 3 (Sunday)
Advanced Program
Weights:
A - BW + 10, B - 90’s, C - 275, D - 75, E - 10

Comments: That was the hardest workout I have ever done… I had to sit on the bench in between every set and try not to throw up. It was so rough. A few sets, I went over the rest time by 5-10 seconds, because I was finding it hard to get up. I layed on the floor after the Romanian Deadlifts, as I was passing the FUCK out, literally… This was so hard… sooo hard… In my comments area of my workout page, all I wrote was, fk… jitters, pass the fk out… puke… omg. Hell!

My f**kin goodness. This was so hard, not in the enjoyable sense, this was a royal and brutal descimation. If I were a sinner, that workout was Noahs Arch.

I gave it 100% today. I finished the workout, walked away proud. But very humbled. 8-9 rep range = death.

NEPA: With my girl, we walked to the mall, walked through it to buy a book I saw recommended on here called Mindful Eating. That was about 35 minutes in total. Lot’s of human dodging.

Comments: I am feeling some headachey like feelings, I hope it goes away. Energy levels are a little low and I am feelin’ tired as hell. But I attest that to me training session today, as it took EVERYTHING out of me. Overall, things are going great. Day 3 complete. Goodnight people.

Day 4
So we made it through the weekend which is awesome! I know this week will be easier since we’ll be occupied with work. I find if i keep busy, it’ll be a piece of cake. Snacking was a way to cure boredom but there’s so much out there that’s fullfilling and uplifting that doesnt involve food.

It’s kind of sad when you think about how we turn to food as a means of entertainment or comfort. I now realise that i have a food addiction/obssession. This journey has become something much more than i expected. I havent noticed much physically but the mental gains are definitely there:)

Good luck guys, keep to it…

[quote]Balddog wrote:
Good luck guys, keep to it…[/quote]

Thanks BD! I think i’m starting to get into the grind, low energy and empty stomache seems to be getting worse each day but failure is not an option. I hear it’ll get harder before it gets easier so I push on!

Just finished my last shake of day 4. I was looking forward to that peanut butter and chocolate mmm I dont think that one will ever get old. 24 days to go.

[quote]Balddog wrote:
Good luck guys, keep to it…[/quote]

Thanks BD,

I am definitely feeling a bit better. I know it’s just a matter of the mind. And I believe I have a strong one at that. Feeling sore from the last workout for sure though. Can’t wait for Day 3 of the Training Program.

Gunz a Blazin’

Day 4 - October 19th 2009

NEPA: Walking throughout the day, and a walk tonight with my girl. About 30-40 minutes all together.

Comments: Still kickin’ ass, and takin’ names. Can’t wait for the workout. I am ready to redeem myself from the ass kicking I took on Day 2 of the program.