Biotest

Corstijeir's Journey Log

This is going to be a Journey log of my Velocity Diet.

There is to be no doctoring of the diet, no snow flake action here, ticky tacky cookie cutter V-Diet.

Quick info: 250 lbs, 5 foot 8, 23 years old. Started working out 5 years ago for about 8 months, had great results. Got a job at FedEx working outside during the day in the summer and working out lost is priority. 3 years ago I finally decided to get back into the gym, nearly tore my hand off trying to catch a failed deadlift like a dumbass.

Spent 5 months off work at FedEx and pretty much drank beer all day every day while watching TV twiddling my thumbs all day. Took a job running a computer store for 2 years and ate crap and drank soda’s all day while working 18 hour days. Moved on to an IS Manager position.

New job, new friends, recollection of what it means to live… V-Diet time.

I will be doing the beginner’s workout as to ease back into the gym as the wrist still gives me trouble from time to time( tore the tendon sheath, doctor opted to not do surgery to fix ).

Full stats and pictures posted closer to start date. Ordered saturday- once I have shipping info will start as soon as I can after that ( a monday or a sunday ).

Height: 5 foot 8
Weight: ( not accurate as I didn’t have a scale this morning ) 249 as of this so lets just say 250.

Neck 16.5
shoulders 54
Upper Chest 45
Lower chest 42.5
Waist at navel 48.5
Wasit at largest 49.5

Upper Arm L 15.25
Upper arm R 15.25
Upper Leg L 27.5
Upper Leg R 27
Lower Leg L 17.5
Lower Leg R 18
Ankle L 9.5
Ankle R 9.5

That was a very good read there sir. You did a great job of summarizing a lot. Your supps should arrive by Wednesday…keep us posted!

Shaker bottles: one for use throughout the day with a cleaning every night or several bottles? That is tonight’s question.

Email notification of shipment was received-- nothing beyond picked up in CO. Maybe some extra FedEx detail come morning.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
New job, new friends, recollection of what it means to live… V-Diet time.
[/quote]

A rekindling of an old friendship also helped with this. Real friendships are funny; several years can go without a word, but once you reconnect it’s like there was no time between.

Toxic people? Don’t have them, don’t want them.

Commonly enough the renewed friend doesn’t agree with the V-Diet, but after some explanation of the benefit of it all as being a life changer she was accepting but still iffy.

This right here is how you can tell the real friend from the “friend”: I said to her “just trust me and keep me on track”, she responded “always will”.

I’ve seen a lot of people start the V-Diet on here and let their logs go belly up or see some excuses why it didn’t work. While I’m not going to say I know what’s going to happen over the next 28 days-- I will say it is going to be one hell of a ride and I can’t wait to see what happens.

haha, I just saw you slightly condemn someone who asked CS an already answered question, and I had to come back and say that makes me happy. There are so many times I want to do that - if I did, it would consume my entire life.

And about the friends, touche.

Supplies shipment ETA Thursday.

I need to go pick up my peanut butter and milled flax today or tomorrow.

Chris loves those Omega 3 enriched eggs-- but I had 3 fresh eggs this morning that were just pooped out of a chicken on Sunday. Soft scrambled with a chipotle pepper chopped up. So good.

Thursday’s will probably be my HSM day- so next week I will get my HSM earlier that I would normally since I am starting on Sunday. This should provide a nice mental trick for the brain on day 5. Dinner will be my HSM of choice as well.

Steak, veggies, spinach with cherry tomatoes, and a small portion of sweet potato. I plan on having my HSM’s out and about so I don’t become a food recluse and eat alone in my office all the time.

Biotest just called…

No Superfood in my order because they ran out. Lovely.

Update - Amazon has some, lets purchase from them.

adapt and overcome…awesome!

Kick this things ass!

Ordered the Superfood. I probably should of checked the shipping method-- initial email suggest March 29-April 1st for delivery.

March 29th wouldn’t be too bad I could go a day or two without Superfood. I wouldn’t want to go till April 1st without.

This may change my schedule to April first-- let’s see if i can change the shipping.

Update- Amazon orders from Biotest so naturally they are out of stock too. Anyone know a place to buy Superfood? I’ve called up a few stores locally and no one carries it.

For those curious about the wrist injury- this was from another thread.

[quote]
It’s fairly simple really, I was deadlifting 405 after not working out for probably nearly 2 years. My grip started to slip, so with my right hand I tried to get back under the bar and get a better grip-- mind you I’m in the middle of pulling the weight to the top position-- using a supinated grip on the right hand I completely lost it when I tried to jerk the bar back up with my left and get my right hand under it.

405 comes crashing down bending my supinated wrist backwards and tearing the tendon sheath.

Moronic-- I flew 3 feet back from the force of pulling the weight up and the quick release. I felt a pop, finished my workout ( dropped the weight on the deads to something and finished those and the rest of my routine ). Went home and went to bed around 9pm, woke up at 1am with my wrist throbbing and I was awake until 8am when i could go to the doc. Got into the orthopedic at 9am, at 3pm after a MRI, xrays and the doc talking I left with a note for medical leave from fedex and proceeded to drink myself out of pain for months (this is how I ended up needing the VDiet ).

No pain pills, no surgery, nothing. That doc would of been great in the Wild West- of course I was 21 and dumb and never got a second opinion. [/quote]

No Superfood… what to do, what to do.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
No Superfood… what to do, what to do.[/quote]

:frowning: Well…if you get really desperate you could always try to find a superfood that’s close to Biotest, just for the first few days! It’ll probably make the shakes taste horrible, so you could do what I did and plug your nose and chug! :stuck_out_tongue:

How long until you expect to get Biotests?

I think loftisra is right. I spent my first few days using Berry Green and I’m doing just fine. Definitely not the same product and the taste is shit, but at least you’re getting some vitamins/minerals/antioxidants in the form of freeze-dried veggies and fruits.

[quote]loftisra wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
No Superfood… what to do, what to do.[/quote]

:frowning: Well…if you get really desperate you could always try to find a superfood that’s close to Biotest, just for the first few days! It’ll probably make the shakes taste horrible, so you could do what I did and plug your nose and chug! :stuck_out_tongue:

How long until you expect to get Biotests?[/quote]

Biotest is currently on backorder so no Idea. yeah greens+ taste’s like poo, but i’ll do what I got to do.

I got my giant fedex box today! Pictures of it coming later today. Picked up some greens+ as well.

Do I wait till sunday to start or do I start on saturday. No time like the now to start I’d guess.

Glad you got your stuff…and theres no point in waiting, I started the second I got all my supps…time waits for no man.

Started today. The plan to start yesterday just didn’t work out well.

I should pick up a blender - as my breakfast shake was horrid. The flaxseed just doesn’t feel right in a shake. The chunks hitting my throat…

Strawberry MD + flaxseed + maximum greens = upchuck grayish color.

Side note: I had to dump the Leucine into another container just to find the scoop! That scoop is tiny.

Question: how does everyone package their supps? Do you use baggies or the containers they came in? I’m looking for the best way to take my stuff to work as only breakfast and my last shake will be at home. Monday - friday anyhow.

Pictures and measurements tonight. I’ve got to go buy a USB cable so my card reader will work again( i hope it’s just the cable else ill be buying my 5th card reader )

Height: 5 foot 8
Weight: ( not accurate as I didn’t have a scale this morning ) 249 as of this so lets just say 250.

Neck 16.5
shoulders 54
Upper Chest 45
Lower chest 42.5
Waist at navel 48.5
Wasit at largest 49.5

Upper Arm L 15.25
Upper arm R 15.25
Upper Leg L 27.5
Upper Leg R 27
Lower Leg L 17.5
Lower Leg R 18
Ankle L 9.5
Ankle R 9.5

Dear Biotest: I do not like chocolate; Your Chocolate flavored MD makes me want to copulate with you. Signed: the fatty

( strange how a chocolate candy bar would make me want to puke but this chocolate flavored goodness is yum )