Biotest

Consuming Less Than I Should Be

this is day 8 on the diet for me.

for the past 4 days i’ve been consuming a lot less than i calculated - approx 880/1100 cals a day on non workout/workout days, when according to the calculations i should be getting 1575/1890. the thing is - i’m full. i don’t want any more shakes. i have plenty of energy and i’m still making gains in the gym. of course, i don’t know how long this will last, maybe it’s just momentum - should i force myself to meet the #'s calculated by the formula, or just drink till i’m full?

i’m supplementing with BCAAs, taking 2 HOT-ROX twice a day, and 2 servings of Flameout and milled flax. getting between 160 - 200grams of protein a day from the shakes.

gracias for any thoughts…

Drink drink drink. Force them down if you have to, you need the calories.

You have to think about the long run and so you’ll be damaging your metabolism and so on at the moment and you’re body will be losing muscle too. When you move back to solid food you’ve got more chance of having a large rebound in water and weight in general too.

It’s only been a week so I would say you should just add in the new shakes or extra amounts. If you are having trouble volume wise then just mix the shakes only to a pudding consistency and eat that way. However try to work up to full fluid as you should be getting heaps of water on this diet too.

So yeah, definitely, definitely eat as much as this diet allows inside your calories otherwise you’re doing yourself an injustice.

double check your calculations and weigh out your powder just to make sure you are not in error.

The shakes are pretty filling so what I did was divide them up into smaller more frequent meals. I had a shake every 2 to 3 hours. It was the only way I could consume the needed calories and not feel bloated.

I’m curious, how did this pan out? How much was your weight when you started and how much is it now? Are you male of female?

Yay going lower then low…crash dieting. Because that isn’t V-dieting any more. And crash dieting messes up the metabolism on the long run which will cause you to get the jojo-effect. Making all that you lost re-appear really fast with some extra’s as a bonus :smiley:

[quote]viskosity wrote:
this is day 8 on the diet for me.

for the past 4 days i’ve been consuming a lot less than i calculated - approx 880/1100 cals a day on non workout/workout days, when according to the calculations i should be getting 1575/1890. the thing is - i’m full. i don’t want any more shakes. i have plenty of energy and i’m still making gains in the gym. of course, i don’t know how long this will last, maybe it’s just momentum - should i force myself to meet the #'s calculated by the formula, or just drink till i’m full?

i’m supplementing with BCAAs, taking 2 HOT-ROX twice a day, and 2 servings of Flameout and milled flax. getting between 160 - 200grams of protein a day from the shakes.

gracias for any thoughts…[/quote]

If you are only getting 880 calories and 160 grams of protein per day then the ONLY thing you are eating are shakes. Sounds like you’re not counting the calories of anything else. For instance, I take 8 scoops of Metabolic Drive per day but I get 1300 calories per day because of the flaxseed meal, peanut butter, Flameout and Fiber Choice tablets.