Biotest

Consistently Unable to Finish Fourth Shake

Hey Chris,

She Say and I are on Day 8 of the new diet. Love the HSM every day.

She Say is only taking in 3 shakes a day plus the HSM. Her 3rd shake is also usually only 1 scoop.

Is this counter-productive? Should she be forcing down the 4th shake even if she’s not hungry?

thanks.

V-Diet Importance of Protein Scoops

We don’t want her calories falling too low. That’s the risk. But we don’t want her force feeding on a diet, obviously. I’d say to allow her to cut the last shake, but with some extra leeway in her HSM if she wants it.

Sometimes the body seems to regulate. For example, some days it “demands” more calories naturally because it needs them (extra tough workout that day etc.) So she may be too low in calories on some days, even for a fat loss diet, but on other days she may naturally find herself wanting an HSM with a couple of hundred extra calories. And that’s fine in her case. It all works out in the end, and it may teach her some good lessons in auto-regulation which is always handy for after a diet.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
We don’t want her calories falling too low. That’s the risk. But we don’t want her force feeding on a diet, obviously. I’d say to allow her to cut the last shake, but with some extra leeway in her HSM if she wants it.

Sometimes the body seems to regulate. For example, some days it “demands” more calories naturally because it needs them (extra tough workout that day etc.) So she may be too low in calories on some days, even for a fat loss diet, but on other days she may naturally find herself wanting an HSM with a couple of hundred extra calories. And that’s fine in her case. It all works out in the end, and it may teach her some good lessons in auto-regulation which is always handy for after a diet.

[/quote]

Thanks Chris!