Biotest

Considering the V-Diet

I’ve been looking into the V-Diet and would love to burn fat off. Currently, I weigh 198 at 5’8". I would say I’m about 12-13% body fat (I can see my abs clearly) and would love to get into single digit numbers. Most of the people posting here seem to be interested in weight loss and start at a somewhat higher range of bodyfat than me. Would this diet be something I should do to acheive my goal or should I look into something else?

Also, do I have to follow the workout layed out for the V-Diet or can I look into something else as long as it is 3 days a week and doesn’t have a lot of volume?

Thanks.

The V-Diet was originally created for those in your shoes: lean, but not single digit and truly shredded. So yes, seems like a good plan for you given the info provided.

As for training, it’s often difficult to tell people it’s okay to use a different workout than the one prescribed because sometimes they then adopt a piss-poor plan that either under or over-trains them. (And some people’s idea of “hard training” is truly laughable.)

Three weekly full-body sessions of mostly heavy free weights plus NEPA walks every day is the general plan. Stick to that, train hard, and you’ll do fine.

Note: One mistake often made is doing more than three weight training workouts per week. This would then require extra post-workout drinks which then brings up the calories, carbs and costs of the plan. Some try to get by this by skipping the Surge, but then that affects recovery and basically messes up the whole plan.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
The V-Diet was originally created for those in your shoes: lean, but not single digit and truly shredded. So yes, seems like a good plan for you given the info provided. [/quote]

Great. I was hoping that this would work for me because I excel on simple diets and have great self-motivation so I wouldn’t be overcome by cravings. I was previously on the Anabolic Diet, but it was too much work to cook all of those meals.

I was planning on doing a 3 day split (possible chest/back, legs/abs, shoulders/arms) just because that is what I am used to and I have never done a real full-body session (occasionally one day will be a circuit). The people I work out with also do something similar and it would be easy to stay working out with them.

If you advise against this, I will follow the laid out plan or possibly we can come up with a simple, yet effective split that will work on this diet. Also, I am not going to do cardio, only the NEPA walks, but I wanted to know if it is possible to play basketball weekly with my friends on this diet?

Thanks for you help and advice.

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:

I was planning on doing a 3 day split (possible chest/back, legs/abs, shoulders/arms) just because that is what I am used to and I have never done a real full-body session…[/quote]

Then it is time.

A three day split is too infrequent in this case. Think full body, one good movement per muscle group. It may not seem like much (one exercise for chest for example) but remember, you’ll be doing it again in two days, not seven.

See if you feel like it. If you do, fine. If not, skip it.

thoughts1053 wrote:

I was planning on doing a 3 day split (possible chest/back, legs/abs, shoulders/arms) just because that is what I am used to and I have never done a real full-body session…

Then it is time.

A three day split is too infrequent in this case. Think full body, one good movement per muscle group. It may not seem like much (one exercise for chest for example) but remember, you’ll be doing it again in two days, not seven.

Also, I am not going to do cardio, only the NEPA walks, but I wanted to know if it is possible to play basketball weekly with my friends on this diet?

See if you feel like it. If you do, fine. If not, skip it.

[/quote]

Sounds like a plan.

I was looking into what I would need and at 198lbs, it looks like I need 10 bottles of Metabolic Drive and 2 bottles of Surge, Flameout, BCAAs, and HOT-ROX each. On top of this I need to get Milled Flax seed and natural peanut butter. Does this seem correct? Is there anything else that I need to get?

The BCAAs are actually an option, but a good option. The rest sounds about right.

The BCAAs are actually an option, but a good option. The rest sounds about right. [/quote]

Last few questions:

Any other supps you recommend getting? I know you say you can get other things like ZMA and Superfoods, but what do you really recommend getting out of all of them? MultiVitamin?

Also, I was planning on doing the intermediate workout plan, but the reps for monday seem low compared to the beginner’s workout plan. Can I increase the reps for the pull ups and dips or do I add weight to them?

I read that a Velocity Diet package was sold previously. Is it still being sold or was that just a while ago?

Last few questions:

Any other supps you recommend getting? I know you say you can get other things like ZMA and Superfoods, but what do you really recommend getting out of all of them? MultiVitamin?[/quote]

A multi is fine if you want to use one. (I personally stopped multi’s since I use Superfood now.) ZMA is also fine. I did take this during my own V-Diet since I was already using it and enjoyed the restful sleep.

Some men also like to add Tribex Gold as a T-booster, but it’s just an option. [quote]

Also, I was planning on doing the intermediate workout plan, but the reps for monday seem low compared to the beginner’s workout plan. Can I increase the reps for the pull ups and dips or do I add weight to them?[/quote]

There’s a method behind Waterbury’s madness. Stick to plan for best results. Done correctly (rest periods etc.), it’s a much tougher workout than it looks to be on paper. [quote]

I read that a Velocity Diet package was sold previously. Is it still being sold or was that just a while ago?[/quote]

That was a women’s package.

There’s a method behind Waterbury’s madness. Stick to plan for best results. Done correctly (rest periods etc.), it’s a much tougher workout than it looks to be on paper.
[/quote]

So do I do weighted dips and pull-ups?

Another question:

Can I use any flavor of Surge?

Good to see someone who actually can use the diet to become shredded.

You can use any kind of Surge you want, if you need weighted dips and pullups for the reps, then do.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
Good to see someone who actually can use the diet to become shredded.

You can use any kind of surge you want, if you need weighted dips and pullups for the reps, then do.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I’m looking to become shredded and be as lean as possible while maintaining all of my muscle mass.

According to some rough calculations, if I just lose 10 pounds of pure fat over the 4 weeks, I will be under 9% bf: my dream.

After doing my diet calculations I have gotten this

Non-lifting day:

Calories: 1394
Protein: 195g
Carbs: 54g
Fiber: 23g
Fat: 46.5g

Lifting Days:

Calories: 1714
Protein: 228g
Carbs: 103g
Fat: 51g

This is based off of using Vanilla Metabolic Drive (9 scoops for 5 shakes) and using Chocolate Surge. Should I change this in anyway or does this all look good?

What warm-ups, if any, should be done with the training program? Should I do some mobility training or some warm-up sets of the exercises or jump right into the workout?

That was a women’s package.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure Chris wasn’t being mean, but lol!

After doing my diet calculations I have gotten this

Non-lifting day:

Calories: 1394
Protein: 195g
Carbs: 54g
Fat: 46.5g

Lifting Days:

Calories: 1714
Protein: 228g
Carbs: 103g
Fat: 51g

This is based off of using Vanilla Metabolic Drive (9 scoops for 5 shakes) and using Chocolate Surge. Should I change this in anyway or does this all look good?[/quote]

At quick glance, this seems fine. Might bump that fiber up a couple of grams a day with sugar-free Fiber Choice. Then again, 25g per day is close to double what many people are used to getting, so 23 is fine probably. Not a big deal.

What warm-ups, if any, should be done with the training program? Should I do some mobility training or some warm-up sets of the exercises or jump right into the workout?[/quote]

I like a 5 minute general warm-up: treadmill jog etc. Warm up a set or so for major lifts at the beginning of workouts. Less so for smaller muscle groups later in workout. Go with your instinct.

Just don’t overdo warm-ups. I see many people doing so many mobility drills etc. that they forget to do any shit-a-kidney lifting.

pictures!!! Good luck

When during the day would I take Superfood? Also, how would active recovery be for off days (pushups, bw squats, chinups?)?

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
pictures!!! Good luck[/quote]

Thanks. I’m not sure if I’m going to post pictures yet, but I’ll definitely post stats and measurements. I’m probably going to make this thread into my log.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.