Biotest

Cons to Drinking MAG-10 All Day?

For the past few days i have been pulsing MAG-10 throughout the day and eating a meal at night. i am taking in 5 servings of MAG-10 per day. i want to do this for 2 weeks, maybe more depending on what results i see. are there any negative effects from taking in so much MAG-10?

the reason i ask is because i have read that taking in lots of hydrolyzed protein throughout the day can cause muscles to become desensitized to amino acids. basically muscles build up a tolerance to the constant high levels of aminos. and that this leads to a negative nitrogen balance and the body breaking down muscles. is there any truth to any of this? i usually take articles such as these with a grain of salt but i figured i would ask just in case.

thanks

[quote]GregManzo wrote:
For the past few days i have been pulsing MAG-10 throughout the day and eating a meal at night. i am taking in 5 servings of MAG-10 per day. i want to do this for 2 weeks, maybe more depending on what results i see. are there any negative effects from taking in so much MAG-10?

the reason i ask is because i have read that taking in lots of hydrolyzed protein throughout the day can cause muscles to become desensitized to amino acids. basically muscles build up a tolerance to the constant high levels of aminos. and that this leads to a negative nitrogen balance and the body breaking down muscles. is there any truth to any of this? i usually take articles such as these with a grain of salt but i figured i would ask just in case.

thanks[/quote]

What you have planned is perfectly fine, in fact its what CT refers to as a Pulse Feast… http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_pulse_feast

You also have what you’ve heard about MAG-10 mixed up. Taking in lots of whole food proteins very frequently throughout the day can lead to the body being desensitized to the effects of protein. It gets into this in the article i linked.

However, with MAG-10/Plazma, amino levels are spiked and then quickly return to baseline levels, thus avoiding the problem that arises with whole food protein sources. So, doing as you planned will actually make you more efficient with utilizing protein and help avoid that problem.

Eazy gave you a good answer there. In fact, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 and the protein pulsing protocol were specially designed to avoid the problem you mentioned. Click that link. The Mag-10 product page gets into the details.

Excellent, thanks guys!

I find when I use MAG-10 throughout the day and use Metabolic Drive at night my muscles feel full, pumped and I don’t go hungry. Plus I know I am getting the most out of each supplement, and that is what we all want.