Biotest

Confused One Week In

I’m on Day 8 of the V-Diet. I eased into it starting on September 28th by doing one solid meal a day and casein/whey shakes (that I made up from what I had on hand while I waited for my Metabolic Drive to arrive) the rest of the day. Most of the solid meals were HSM V-diet type meals, but a few weren’t (but not awful - not like I was downing a whole pizza or something). During that transition period from September 28 to October 5, I went from 211 lbs to 207 lbs. I’m 5’10", 30% BF (as measured by BodPod on the 28th).

I’ve been training for about 3 years, including about a year of boxing, and have very good conditioning and OK strength. I’ve lost 55 pounds over those three years, but haven’t lost any in the last year or so, when I’ve swung up and down between 200 and 210 or so. I’m doing the V-Diet advanced workouts with a personal trainer and not having a problem with them. My first day on the V-Diet was October 5 (though I started the workouts on October 3).

So, today I’m on Day 8 of the V-Diet. This morning I weighed 207. Exactly what I weighed a week ago on the day I started. I’ve been very strict and very precise. I bought the full V-Diet package. I have followed the diet to a T. I measure the Metabolic Drive and the nut butter with a digital food scale. My HSM on Saturday (I chose Saturdays because that’s when my wife and kids and I usually go out to eat) was a 6 oz beef filet and a 4 oz lobster tail, with about a tablespoon of butter, a salad with about 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette dressing, steamed vegetables and half a dry sweet potato.

I am doing the workouts (I like them a lot). I walk 3-4 miles every day. I take the stairs in the parking garage. etc. The only variance is (as discussed in another post) that I subbed out a 45-min session of boxing training for the V-Burn Challenge.

Unless I have some insanely low basal metabolic rate, I have to be in caloric deficit by at least 1000 calories a day. I’ve had regular doctor’s checkups the last couple of years, including blood tests, and nothing has indicated a thyroid problem or anything else out of the ordinary.

So what could be up with weighing exactly the same as when I started 8 days ago? I’m not giving up, but I am kind of frustrated and confused.

[quote]crlex wrote:
I’m on Day 8 of the V-Diet. I eased into it starting on September 28th by doing one solid meal a day and casein/whey shakes (that I made up from what I had on hand while I waited for my Metabolic Drive to arrive) the rest of the day. Most of the solid meals were HSM V-diet type meals, but a few weren’t (but not awful - not like I was downing a whole pizza or something). During that transition period from September 28 to October 5, I went from 211 lbs to 207 lbs. I’m 5’10", 30% BF (as measured by BodPod on the 28th).

I’ve been training for about 3 years, including about a year of boxing, and have very good conditioning and OK strength. I’ve lost 55 pounds over those three years, but haven’t lost any in the last year or so, when I’ve swung up and down between 200 and 210 or so. I’m doing the V-Diet advanced workouts with a personal trainer and not having a problem with them. My first day on the V-Diet was October 5 (though I started the workouts on October 3).

So, today I’m on Day 8 of the V-Diet. This morning I weighed 207. Exactly what I weighed a week ago on the day I started. I’ve been very strict and very precise. I bought the full V-Diet package. I have followed the diet to a T. I measure the Metabolic Drive and the nut butter with a digital food scale. My HSM on Saturday (I chose Saturdays because that’s when my wife and kids and I usually go out to eat) was a 6 oz beef filet and a 4 oz lobster tail, with about a tablespoon of butter, a salad with about 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette dressing, steamed vegetables and half a dry sweet potato.

I am doing the workouts (I like them a lot). I walk 3-4 miles every day. I take the stairs in the parking garage. etc. The only variance is (as discussed in another post) that I subbed out a 45-min session of boxing training for the V-Burn Challenge.

Unless I have some insanely low basal metabolic rate, I have to be in caloric deficit by at least 1000 calories a day. I’ve had regular doctor’s checkups the last couple of years, including blood tests, and nothing has indicated a thyroid problem or anything else out of the ordinary.

So what could be up with weighing exactly the same as when I started 8 days ago? I’m not giving up, but I am kind of frustrated and confused.[/quote]

Give it another week. Don’t sweat it, just keep doing your NEPA and your workouts and V-burn. It’ll come off. You could just be recomping.

Scale weight means almost nothing. Are you taking tape measurements?

As corst, said, give it more than 8 days.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Scale weight means almost nothing. Are you taking tape measurements?

As corst, said, give it more than 8 days. [/quote]

Yes, I am taping waist at the navel, neck, chest and thigh. Those are the measurements that have given me the best indications in the past. There has been some drop in tape measurements (1/4" neck, about 1/2" - a little more - in chest and waist, and 1/2" or so thigh. Most of it occurred in that first week.

I wasn’t planning on giving up and am not planning on giving up now. I was just curious to know what might be going on with my body.

I’m on day 8 also, I’m still the same weight as I was day 1 (~178lb); however, my waist at largest is 1-2" smaller and my biceps are close to half an inch larger (I do EZ barbell curls 25 on each side everyday tho) also my pecks feel absolutely shredded like muscle cleavage hah. I’m hoping my glutes tighten up and that my love handle area and belly are completely demolished by end of week 2/ mid way of week 3.

Overall I’m noticing a lot more muscle definition, I almost broke the diet yesterday by eating a salad (even tho that could technically been my HSM). Although the thought of eating even a few leafs of lettuce with some smoked salmon on them made me feel so guilty and shitty that I felt sick to my stomach even considering chewing on it.

Good luck dude!

Thanks, Crouse.

Still going. Day 10 now. Still weigh the same as Day 1, and measurements haven’t changed much - a little, but not much. I don’t have much of an appetite. It’s not from dreading the shakes - they’re fine. I’m just not hungry.

Workouts are going well. Improved performance in push press and chin ups this morning.

This weekend is going to be a test. Going to the beach with my family to visit some aunts and uncles and my parents. At least tomorrow’s dinner is my HSM scheduled time.

Family Holiday’s are the hardest, I went to the cabin for the weekend and everyone was gobbling down on turkey and gravy while I was having my vanilla shakes. Just stay strong even when it’s hard.