Biotest

Cold Sweats, Weak, and Shaky

I’m in pretty decent shape and am overall satisfied with my body except for the “beer gut” so I thought I would hit the V-Diet and get that tone part of me corrected. I’m 6’0", 190 lbs. Ever since starting the diet, I spend all day weak, shaky, and cold sweats beyond belief. (not taking the HOT-ROX). Anyone been through this and have an idea how to stop it and/or about how long it lasts?

Sorry, flakvest, but I’ve never heard of this happening to anyone on the V-Diet.

I know you’re not using HOT-ROX, but are you using the other required supplements? In other words, are you doing the V-Diet as written?

Yes sir. To the letter. I even doubled my intake of water from 5 to 10 bottles a day and drinking the Surge after a workout. I was hoping it was just a simple dehydration problem since I"m sitting in Afghanistan right now. Tomorrow I’m going to try mixing a little salt in each shake to see if maybe I’m salt deficient?

[quote]flakvest wrote:
Yes sir. To the letter. I even doubled my intake of water from 5 to 10 bottles a day and drinking the Surge after a workout. I was hoping it was just a simple dehydration problem since I"m sitting in Afghanistan right now. Tomorrow I’m going to try mixing a little salt in each shake to see if maybe I’m salt deficient?[/quote]

You know, I haven’t figured it out yet, but it seems like the V-Dieters who have problems are almost always in Iraq or Afghanistan. I wonder if it’s a water quality issue? Are you able to keep your flax seed refrigerated?

Yes sir I have it it refrigerated here in the office. I pour my water through a Brita because it tastes like crap otherwise but it’s still “haji” water. I’m hoping it’s just an adjustment and it’s my body detoxing or whatever.

[quote]flakvest wrote:
Yes sir I have it it refrigerated here in the office. I pour my water through a Brita because it tastes like crap otherwise but it’s still “haji” water. I’m hoping it’s just an adjustment and it’s my body detoxing or whatever.[/quote]

flakvest,
I’m in Balad, Iraq as a contractor. I’ve been on the V-Diet for the past 3.5 weeks and I’m almost finished with the 28 days. I’ve dropped 16lbs from 217 to 201. I’m 5’4 and have been busting my ass with this diet and wanting to get down to 185 which I know is very possible for the amount of fat I have around my midsection and pec’s. The picture of me on the left is when I was 180lbs two years ago. But back then, I focused more on upper body than I did my lower body. I let myself go, and now I’m on the V-Diet. Let me get back on track here for you.

I drink the free bottled water we get on base. I don’t know how the bottled water is in Afghanistan, but the water here I don’t filter. I crack open the liter bottle, pour out a bit to make space for the powder, make a paper funnel and pour in the powder.

I’ve been on all types of supp’s including some AAS and this is the best diet I’ve ever been on. I’m not a certified anything, but maybe check if you’re taking any med’s for anything you have.

If you’re in the military, maybe you’re running too much and depleting your body’s reserve’s and not getting enough from the shakes? Something about glycogen stores or what not, maybe Chris can elaborate. That’s IF you’re a runner.

Other than that, check with your TMC to see if they can help. Which being out here, they’ll probably give you a 800mg Motrin, slap you on your ass and send you on your way.

LCB

Chris,

Wanted to update you. I started putting a quarter teaspoon of salt in my breakfast and dinner shake and felt instantly better. It’s either one hell of a coincidence or I was running a little low on salt. Possibly because over here in the desert you sweat just walking to the bathroom? Either way thanks for the correspondence.

[quote]flakvest wrote:
Chris,

Wanted to update you. I started putting a quarter teaspoon of salt in my breakfast and dinner shake and felt instantly better. It’s either one hell of a coincidence or I was running a little low on salt. Possibly because over here in the desert you sweat just walking to the bathroom? Either way thanks for the correspondence.

[/quote]

Yep, that could be it!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.