Biotest

C'mon Aussie

After reading about the V-Diet for ages it’s time to give it a red hot crack. Being in Western Australia, it’s taking a while for the last of my supps to arrive. Seems like HOT-ROX isn’t legal over here so it’s gonna be Carbolin 19 and caffeine for the fat burners. Hoping to get my hands on the Carbolin 19 on Monday and get started on Tuesday. In the meantime I’ll treat myself to a last couple of non-v-diet style workouts and solid food!

Will take pics and proper measurements Monday night (as long as Carbolin 19 arrives) but as a rough starting point I’m 6’3, 215lb; hope to not go below about 200lb while losing at least 3" off the guts (currently around 36") and not losing too much strength.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m doing the v-diet for one purpose only : to get lean. Still, those other goals like maintaining weight and strength are there to motivate me to not skip meals or cheat, and to train my ass off.

Sooo looking forward to smashing this bastard of a diet perfectly and getting a real six pack. Guys, I will not cheat and I will complete it and I will transition correctly as well. C’mon Aussie!

HOT-ROX has yohimbine which is on the prohibition list in Australia.

I’m starting the V-Diet too once my shipment arrives - should receive it tomorrow (ordered from the US since the AUD is so strong). I’m gonna use Carbolin 19 plus Se7en as a substitute for HOT-ROX, Carbolin 19 was out of stock unfortunately at the US store, so gonna have to order locally at the higher price :frowning:

You sound very determined and committed so I’m gonna follow this thread to make sure you follow through!

Cheers Dan. It’s good to have someone to be responsible to. Bugger about the yohimbe. I considered chucking in like a hydroxycut or something similar but I don’t want to deviate too much from what was originally prescribed. Maybe I’ll add a thermogenic if i redo the diet another time.

Good luck to you too mate, but i’m sure you won’t need it!

Have taken advantage of today being Sunday to take the time to take measurements and pics;

Day 0

Height 6’3
Weight 216lb
Neck 16"
Shoulders 25"
Chest Upper 45.5"
Chest Lower 44.5"
Waist Navel 39"
Waist Largest 39"
Hips Largest 41.5"
Upper Arm R 14.5" relaxed
16" flexed
Upper Arm L 15" relaxed
16" flexed
Upper Leg R 26"
Upper Leg L 26"
Lower Leg R 16"
Lower Leg L 15.5"
Ankle R 9.5"
Ankle L 9"

I’m sure that some of these measurements weren’t taken exactly where they were meant to have been, but at any rate there’s enough indicators there that will be accurate before and after that the results will have reasonable validity. Won’t start till Tue though but in the meantime I’ll reduce carb intake and maybe do a little NEPA as a warmup.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/5/555c2_ORIG-CIMG1547.jpg

Front Day 0

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/7/f/7f5b6_ORIG-CIMG1547.jpg

Take 2…

Side On
Sorry If I just posted this one twice as well!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/e/6/e6457_ORIG-CIMG1549.jpg

Back

2 shakes to go on day 1
Workout was tough in places and so-so in others. I totally understand the need to not tinker with the whole process but i must confess to making one change to the advanced workout for the monday routine - swapped out overhead squats for a regular back squat. i figure that although OHS is more demanding on the whole body i’ve never really nailed them so i’d be spending a fair part of the 4 monday workouts learning the movement which would hinder my intensity.

Barbell row - 175lb x 6,5,4,5 (maybe a bit light…)
Squat (yes i squat deep) - 265 x 7,5,4,4 (nearly killed me with 30s rests but need to up the weight anyway)
Dip - Bwt+10lb on orange band x 6,3,3,3,2,3 (very tough)
Ab Wheel - 10, 7,3 (on knees - limited by triceps not abs)

Surge tastes great although my partner said she reckons it tastes like vomit. I must love vomit.

27 and a bit days to go. Grrrrr.

Oh yeah, also did exactly 1hr walking outside - 4 miles. Was hard to walk any faster with the dogs so tomorrow will try the whole treadmill on incline deal.

Looks like I’ll be right alongside you. Off to hit the weights now.

Day 3

So far so good - no slipups except I’m pretty sure I’ve been having a bit more natural peanut butter than I’m meant to. Took it for granted that the website I looked at would be accurate but it seems this was wrong. If anyone can confirm, I now believe that to make up 210cal of straight peanut butter it should be about 30-35 grams?

Otherwise, all is good. Was expecting to have some trouble sleeping but so far no dramas. Off for my weights now. NEPA was fine this morning - i hour at 4mph on a 3% incline on the treadmill while watching Robin Williams in Man of the Year. Not a bad little flick.

K I’ll let you know how the workout goes. Hangin out for my Surge. Will make sure I’ve got plenty of ice cold H20 in the fridge!

PS Smuscarella good luck man. Hope you dominated them weights. 30s rest intervals are killer eh!

Aaarghh
Not a real pleasant workout but it’s gotta be done eh

chinups 8,6,5,4,3,3,3,3,3…and honestly some of these reps were a little dodgy…
SLDL 175lb x 8,8,8,8,8…too light but my legs were still caning from squatting monday
Incline Dumbell Press 55lb x 10,10,8,6,6…bit too light but satisfactory
Hanging Leg Raise 10,10,10,10 … maybe focus on form a bit more to take out hip flexors and load abs more
EZ Bar Curl 90lb x 10,10,6,6,4,4…haven’t curled anything in maybe 5 years or more so hence my pissweakness

anyways, that’s today’s workout. off to have a realxing dip in the pool now

I didn’t mind the 30s as much as double the reps at 45s!

The ab work for wednesday is pretty weak. I see you didn’t really have any trouble either. Hard to take hip flexors out of a hanging leg raise. I think my strategy is not to worry about it. I get a pretty good core workout from doing explosive 1 arm rows.

You store fat a bit differently than I do. I store on my thighs a bit. Damn estrogenic genetics! Anyway, looks like you’re starting with a decent amount of muscle mass. That’ll help big time. I think the people who don’t quite get the results don’t come from a lifting background.

Anyway, keep kickin’ ass.

I can’t do full standing, but the other variations aren’t challenging enough for such low reps. So I go as far as I can standing.

How do you curl so much? At that point in the workout I’m fuckin’ spent. I can’t remember the last time I curled, though. Muscles around my elbow are pretty freakin sore.

So, you’re doing the advanced workout. How long have you been training?

Right, I’m back after a couple of days of no writing

5 days down, 2 inches lost off the navel (!) and only 2 lb lost. Won’t take full measurements until after day 14.

Really happy so far. Not surprised about the relatively small weight lost because i was already eating fairly minimal carbs before starting.

Legs have been constantly sore, with shoulder, chest, back etc getting and staying sore for just a few days as per usual.

Friday’s workout was:
Front Squat 175x5,5,5,4,1 (Felt tough but doable…until I walked away from the rack. my legs have been jelly since!)
Close Grip Bench 175x6x5x4x2x2x2x2x2 (felt that was a piss poor effort - a lot of my 2nd reps i didn’t even lock out properly but i figure i worked hard and next tim will be better. shoulda started lighter but i’ll leave it there next week)
Chinup 5,5,4,3,3 (hope to improve on these. sore lats still now)
Push Press 110 x 5,3,3,3,3,3,3,2 (surprised I struggled so much!)

I feel like I have a good starting point for a 4 week effort on most lifts. v-burn challenge tonight - kinda dreading it with my sore legs but i’ll do my best. Had a swim this morning instead of my usual hour + on the treadmill on the incline to give the legs a rest. I can see that managing leg fatigue is potentially a limiting factor for me.

Oh and btw I had my HSM on Friday night - 350g fillet stake which i cooked PERFECTLY (thank god!) with brown rice and a big crunchy salad. SOOOOOOOO good. It’s true though, I thought I’d eat a ton of salad but I did get full pretty quick. Think I’ll have to have the exact same meal next week. I can’t imagine anything tasting better.

Overall - going well, not mentally struggling, feeling good, sleeping well. Looking forward to next week’s update.

Sorry for the late reply smussie, and thanks for your interest
I still reckon we’re at really similar points. I wouldn’t worry too much about where you store it mate, it’ll all be gone in a few weeks anyways! You gonna do the full 6 weeks including transition?

I also suspect we’re from similar training backgrounds considering you haven’t curled in years, cos me too! I love my powerlifting. Deads are my friend :wink: Like a lot of people around here I’ve trained for like 10 years but I only feel the last 3 or 4 were anywhere near decent. Finally found a powerlifting gym a year ago which has helped me in so many ways. As for that curling I did I can’t say how super strict they were mate, def not too terrible but prolly not perfect.

I feel the same about those leg raises too. Guess we can only do our best to focus on form eh. I’m gonna also try and improve the technique on the rollouts and the barbell rows mainly.

K, good luck dude, hope it’s working for ya!

Only got thru 5 rounds of the v-burn challenge. My shoulders wouldn’t have made it thru 6 (I know I should have rested for a mo and got it done) - 16.38

Next week’s goal is 6 rounds in 20. I def will do the 6 - pretty sure 20mins is doable

ps, technique was dodge a little bit of the time but i’m satisfied that i got out of it what i needed to. i’m sweating like a pig. 42 degrees C over here - in F that’s like 103. ugh

hang on, it’s more like 110F!

[quote]tomcoves wrote:
Sorry for the late reply smussie, and thanks for your interest
I still reckon we’re at really similar points. I wouldn’t worry too much about where you store it mate, it’ll all be gone in a few weeks anyways! You gonna do the full 6 weeks including transition?

I also suspect we’re from similar training backgrounds considering you haven’t curled in years, cos me too! I love my powerlifting. Deads are my friend :wink: Like a lot of people around here I’ve trained for like 10 years but I only feel the last 3 or 4 were anywhere near decent. Finally found a powerlifting gym a year ago which has helped me in so many ways. As for that curling I did I can’t say how super strict they were mate, def not too terrible but prolly not perfect.

I feel the same about those leg raises too. Guess we can only do our best to focus on form eh. I’m gonna also try and improve the technique on the rollouts and the barbell rows mainly.

K, good luck dude, hope it’s working for ya![/quote]

Figured you’d post on my blog, so didn’t see this til today.

Yes, I’m in it for the full 6 weeks. Looking forward to that 5th week. I really enjoy cooking.

16 minutes for 5 cycles of Vburn is pretty damn fast. I finished my 3rd at 15 minutes. Picture time tomorrow, ay? Good stuff.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.