Biotest

Clearly Define the 'Post-Absorptive State'?

Hi guys.

I would like to perform my cardio in the morning and I would like to know when is the “post-absorptive state” compared to my breakfast.

In this article https://www.T-Nation.com/training/predator-conditioning we recommend 2 scoops of MAG-10 20 minutes before the training, but if I want a real breakfast, like 7 eggswhite, 75g quaker oat, 15g of almond, when I will be in the “post-absorptive state” ?

Is it better to take a supplement like the MAG-10, perform my cardio THEN take my breakfast right after that ?

During the conditioning, we just need water ?

Thanks you.

[quote]CaptainM9 wrote:
Hi guys.

I would like to perform my cardio in the morning and I would like to know when is the “post-absorptive state” compared to my breakfast.
[/quote]

It’s when you have eaten your meal and all the nutrients have been absorbed, not just digested.

We do not all digest and absorb at the same pace. Oats and almonds are both pretty slow to digest because of fibers (both) and fat (almonds). I can’t give you an exact figure since no two people absorbed at the same rate, but I’d say about 3-4 hours would be required to fully digest and absorb all the nutrients from that meal. So if you want to do cardio in the post-absorptive state it is much more practical to use something that is very rapidly absorbed like MAG-10.

Yes, much easier to plan that way.

[quote]CaptainM9 wrote:
During the conditioning, we just need water ?

Thanks you. [/quote]

If you want suboptimal performance and recovery, yes. If you want to perform and have better results you’d need electrolytes and at least a small amount of carbs.

If you are doing low intensity cardio just to lose some fat, water is fine. But if you are doing hard conditioning work something like Surge Workout Fuel is better.

Thanks you A LOT for this answer, really complete. I now know exactly what is the “post-absorptive state”

So, this is not bad the the muscle mass to eat 30/45 minutes after the wake-up ? (I ask that because I read that the first thing to do, right after the wake-up, is to eat, in order to stop the catabolism)

Can we do 3 conditioning sessions and 4 sessions/week of walking (https://www.T-Nation.com/training/get-ripped-get-walking) ? If I want to do my abs, it’s better to do then after the walking day or the condition day (or it doesn’t matter)

To finish, there is no one problem to perform conditioning 2/3 times a week, regarding the cortisol production, which can disturb the muscle recovery ?

Thanks.

[quote]CaptainM9 wrote:
So, this is not bad the the muscle mass to eat 30/45 minutes after the wake-up ? (I ask that because I read that the first thing to do, right after the wake-up, is to eat, in order to stop the catabolism) [/quote]

If you have a MAG-10 pulse upon waking up you will prevent any possible catabolism, MAG-10 actually creates an anabolic response because it elevated the blood amino acid level super fast.

If you don’t have it and just go fasted, yeah, you might suffer a small amount of catabolism.

[quote]CaptainM9 wrote:
Can we do 3 conditioning sessions and 4 sessions/week of walking (https://www.T-Nation.com/training/get-ripped-get-walking) ? [/quote]

Walking causes zero stress on the body, so I wouldn’t expect it to hurt in any way or form. As for 3 conditioning sessions per week, that is normally doable by most people but obviously it depends on the severity of those session, on the rest of your training volume and your level of dietary intake. I’d start at two for 2 weeks to see how your body respond then go from there.

[quote]CaptainM9 wrote:
If I want to do my abs, it’s better to do then after the walking day or the condition day (or it doesn’t matter)[/quote]

It doesn’t matter.

[quote]CaptainM9 wrote:
To finish, there is no one problem to perform conditioning 2/3 times a week, regarding the cortisol production, which can disturb the muscle recovery ?

Thanks. [/quote]

Cortisol is not an evil hormone. Cortisol that stays elevated throughout the day is a problem, but acute elevation due to training aren’t an issue. If 2-3 conditioning sessions a week were a problem, every single high level athlete would have no muscle.

Thanks you ! I have all the answers that I need.