Biotest

Clarifying PWO: Surge Workout Fuel + Surge Recovery

Hi,

I’ve been using Plazma + MAG-10, which has been working just fine, as far as I can tell (I haven’t done a lot of use/non-use testing to see if I feel the differences…).

But, planning ahead to when or if I might need to switch off of them for budgeting reasons, I wanted to ask about Surge Workout Fuel (new formula, 2014) and Surge Recovery.

I notice that the Surge Workout Fuel label says to use it pre, during, and up to an hour post-workout.

Surge Recovery’s label, however, says to drink it immediately after training, on an empty stomach.

Are they supposed to be used together? If so:

1. does having just Surge Workout Fuel in your stomach (from consuming it pre- and during your workout) count as an “empty stomach”

2. would the recommendation be drinking both the Surge Workout Fuel and Surge Recovery during that first hour post-training? Maybe chug the Surge Recovery right away after training, and then just continue sipping the Surge Workout Fuel for the rest of that hour?

Thanks!
=> Shadowhawk

When using <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/surge-workout-fuel"target=“new”>Surge Workout Fuel, you do not need Surge Recovery. SWF has you covered you pre, intra and post-workout. What many users do however is have a Mag-10 pulse about an hour post-training if they are not eating right away.

Thanks!

Does this apply to older formulations of SWF? I have a bunch of that left over from before. That particular label recommends continuing to sip it for a half hour after training rather than the hour from the current formula.

[quote]Shadowhawk wrote:
Thanks!

Does this apply to older formulations of SWF? I have a bunch of that left over from before. That particular label recommends continuing to sip it for a half hour after training rather than the hour from the current formula.[/quote]

You still wouldn’t need Surge Recovery is already using SWF.