Biotest

Circuit Challenge Modified

Chris,

I hope all is well my friend. Quick take on this new modified V-challenge (I’m now away from the V-Diet though in a fatloss phase) So I put together a killer circuit with the same exercises as the advanced challenge although I modified it some to make it more difficult. Then added some V Crunches and underhand pullups all at 10 reps per exercise. BUT…in between each circuit I do one 400m run. The workout takes about 30 minutes and I do 4 sets. I like this a bit better as its shorter in duration with the added running for fun.

Question:

1. I’m eating at about maintenance cals, not super sub caloric. For High Intensity workouts like these should I throw in a scoop of MAG-10 during the workout to stop muscle wasting? Or is it not really an issue since my cals are at maintenance levels.

2. For this type of trainging should I lower the reps a bit, to not illicit muscle fatigue, or do we want muscle fatigue to set in around 8-10 reps for this type of fat loss training.

Also is it best to keep this type of work under 30 minutes…or as I gain endurance add sets. Thus using Metabolic fatigue as a guage of when to stop the workout. As right now 4 sets with the runs are plenty!

Sounds fun. And by “fun” I mean awesomely grueling!

1. A scoop of MAG-10, I’m learning, is never a bad idea. Though I don’t think you’re at too much risk of muscle loss, a little “muscle insurance” is fine. It could only help. And remember, a hit of MAG-10 has a great metabolic affect than the measly 56 calories it contains. As Tim Patterson says, if someone were dieting he’d have them take even more MAG-10 than the bulk-focused guy.

2. I think as long as rest periods are short, you’re good to go. I’d avoid hitting failure on anything though for this type of training.