Biotest

Chutec is Laying Down His Final Log

hopefully.

Hi all,

I am still waiting on a few supps to arrive, but I will be doing the V-Diet from either friday or saturday hopefully.

I aim to lose 15 pounds, but the weight doesnt matter as much as hitting my chest, ab and love handle fat deposits.

I started my body transformation at 337 pounds (37% ish body fat) in June 2006. I pushed down to 196 pounds (11% BF) December 2007,and have snce bulked up a bit again to 220 pounds (12% BF)

ive spent 6 months or so spinning my wheels at that weight while ive taken on more responsibilities, and ive watched my diet slowly turn to convenience and…well…junk.

measurements:

3 point caliper - roughly 12.16% BF
193.2 LBM
26.75 fat

height 6 foot 1
weight 220 pounds
neck 15.5 inches
shoulders 49
U chest 41.5
L chest 43.5
navel waist 39.5
thick waist 41
hips 41
L arm 15 (16 flexed)
R arm 15 (15.8)
L leg 26.3
R leg 26.5
ankle 9.5

pics to follow!

Wow, great transformation results so far. Looking forward to seeing you hit your final goals with the V-Diet!

Keep us posted!

First day on the V.

No cravings, shakes taste great, shoulders sore as hell from front squats.

pics to follow (I had to take a big step and let my gut hang instead of my usual ab tense to keep the excess in!)

front

side

back

looking at the pictures I dont see that that is actually 12% Bodyfat, probably more like 14-16% ?

however I am only using a 3 site, self administered caliper measure and I dont really care about its absolute accuracy, only its consistency and the comparison in 6 weeks times.

Also while I am aiming for 15 pounds of loss because i feel i dont have that much more to lose, I am aware that others have been suprised at exactly how much fat they were still carrying,

so a better way of saying my aim is that I would like to see maybe the top 4 abs quite clearly by the end.

day 1 down!

everyone says it, and they are right…just about any time I got hit by hunger i looked at my watch and was 30 mins away from the next shake!

looking forward to the rest of the diet!

god my conditioning is crap, barely made 5 circuits of the v-burn on beginner! 30 mins it took me too!

day 2 down! piece of pie. ill sleep well tonight

“piece of pie” . . . . funny! lol

how’s the hunger going?

Awesome transformation so far by the way! I had the same problem of junk slowly creeping it’s way back into my diet until it really made up close to 90% of it. (Anyone that says fast food isn’t addictive is full of it!)

Anyway, I’ve got to say that by the end of this thing (today), I’m far more thrilled by my attitude shift in the way I look at food than I am by my body comp changes (although they were VERY pleasing as well :slight_smile:

It’s the best feeling ever to not constantly crave junk anymore! I LOVE the fact that I’m no longer a slave to the big clown, cookie monster, or the chick w/ the braids and the freckles :wink:

haha, thats precisely why im doing this V-Diet.

Ive hit lower body fat numbers than my current the old fashioned way, however id like for it to not be a constant willpower check to get there and remain there.

I read somewhere that Chris Shugart does the V-Diet every couple of years regardless of his physical need to…something ill probably emulate - to reset my food preference clock!

hunger is not an issue…until I smell my flatmates turkey chille slow cooking for 8 hours.
thats going to be the real test - avoiding caving to those slow cooked wonders…the worst part is that they are all healthy and wholesome mixtures, making it much easier to rationalise my way to a small bowl.

but I wont!

I once went 9 weeks on a diet of plain meat, veg, nuts and olive oil without a single deviation. and i dont meant without junk, i mean without anything unplanned at all - I failed on the 9th week because i had a pear. thats right, a pear. too high in sugar lolol.

first log of sorts on t nation (note after the bulk of my fat loss and the pics are all of me vainly flexing everything and holding stomach in!)

the last pic in the montage i look so thin but soo small! cant wait to get that trim again but with 15-20 more LBM!

day 3 complete.

tough day today, had hunger pangs…mainly because ive spent the first 3 days of the diet getting an important piece of work done for hand in tomorrow. So i have been static with only this task to complete - so plenty of boredom and mind wandering to food!

tomorrow i start my busy weekday life again and so hopefully ill be fine with at least a little distraction!

much better today, lots to do, was out and about, not having to prepare/carry/eat food made me much more productive and hand no hunger at all!

workout was good, ab wheel roll outs kill! those lower abs have had a hell of a time over this first week.

day 4 complete!

1 question - Im doing the intermediate program and did the 20 chinups today.

all other sets seem to work in a 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1

or something similar.

the chinups is more like 5 , 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 etc
my form goes to shit really quickly on sets 2 and 3.

should I be doing pulldowns with a weight that will allow for of a 5, 4, 4, 3, 3 style set progression?

day 5 completed,

little fragile today, gonna give it to the weekend and if i still have soreness ill start on ZMA.

[quote]chutec wrote:
much better today, lots to do, was out and about, not having to prepare/carry/eat food made me much more productive and hand no hunger at all!

workout was good, ab wheel roll outs kill! those lower abs have had a hell of a time over this first week.

day 4 complete!

1 question - Im doing the intermediate program and did the 20 chinups today.

all other sets seem to work in a 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1

or something similar.

the chinups is more like 5 , 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 etc
my form goes to shit really quickly on sets 2 and 3.

should I be doing pulldowns with a weight that will allow for of a 5, 4, 4, 3, 3 style set progression?
[/quote]

I would tend to say yes, switch to pulldowns(underhand grip), but ask the training thread. push through the hunger and stay strong. reward comes on weigh-in day with an HSM. you can do this!

cheers ill ask on that thread and ill stay strong dont worry!

that greek salad and grilled chicken wouldnt be as good if i didnt earn it properly!

week 1 weigh in (old figure in brackets):

weight: 216 (220) (-4 pounds - what I expected, was on a low carb diet before so not much shock to the system)

3 fold calipers - 11.26% (12.16):
chest 9
ab 18
leg 12

191.7 (193.2) LBM
24.3 (26.75) fat

height 6 foot 1
weight 216 pounds
neck 15(15.5) inches
shoulders 49 (49)
U chest 41.3 (41.5)
L chest 42.2 (43.5)
thinest waist 35.4(39.5)
thick (navel) waist 38.2(41)
hips 40.4(41)
L arm 14.8, 15.8f(15,16f)
R arm 14.9, 15.9f(15,15.8f)
L leg 26(26.3)
R leg 26(26.5)
ankle 9(9.5)

week 1 totals - 4 pounds and 11.1 inches lost overall

im not suprised by the relatively low weight loss, but I am suprised by the fricking huge 5 inch thinest waist measure drop!

although vaing said that i can no longer grab the material around there so its pretty evident now that i look at it.

ive got new goals:

1. my lower chest measure to come down to the same as my upper chest.
  2. to take my thinest waist measurement down below my record low of 33
  3. to take my navel waist to below 35 inches.

weight and body fat and all the other measures are all of little importance compared to hitting these trouble area!

im pretty damn, happy, HSM here i come!