Biotest

Christian Thibaudeau Log 3


#221

[quote]masfonos wrote:
Hi CT, just got access to an assault bike, brutal is an understatement!!!
I have read how you use it with your crossfit atheletes, but what frequency/intensity would you use it for general conditioning & fatloss?
I also do fullbody training 5 x per week(Bulgarian simplified).

Thanks in advance[/quote]

You can use it daily. Even though it’s hard on the muscles, there is no eccentrics… it’s a bit like the prowler in this regard.

I would vary the use throughout the week. For example…

BURSTS: 20 calories as fast as possible/rest 1 minute x 5-7
INTERVALS: 30 seconds intense/15 seconds rest/30 seconds super relax x 5-7
LONG & MOD INTENSITY: 300 calories
TOUGHNESS TEST: As many calories as possible in 10 minutes
WINGATE TEST REPS: As many calories as possible in 30 seconds. Do 3-4 sets. 3 minutes of rest between sets.

Etc. Honestly for fat loss is doesn’t matter… just do work.


#222

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]masfonos wrote:
Hi CT, just got access to an assault bike, brutal is an understatement!!!
I have read how you use it with your crossfit atheletes, but what frequency/intensity would you use it for general conditioning & fatloss?
I also do fullbody training 5 x per week(Bulgarian simplified).

Thanks in advance[/quote]

You can use it daily. Even though it’s hard on the muscles, there is no eccentrics… it’s a bit like the prowler in this regard.

I would vary the use throughout the week. For example…

BURSTS: 20 calories as fast as possible/rest 1 minute x 5-7
INTERVALS: 30 seconds intense/15 seconds rest/30 seconds super relax x 5-7
LONG & MOD INTENSITY: 300 calories
TOUGHNESS TEST: As many calories as possible in 10 minutes
WINGATE TEST REPS: As many calories as possible in 30 seconds. Do 3-4 sets. 3 minutes of rest between sets.

Etc. Honestly for fat loss is doesn’t matter… just do work.
[/quote]

Thanks coach, assault bike is awesome!!!


#223

AUGUST 26TH - DYNAMIC LOWER BODY

A. Speed squats with safety bar squat. 250lbs + 50lbs of chains per side for 10 x 2 with 45 sec of rest between sets.

B. Goodmorning with safety squat bar from pins (upper body parallel to the floor at the start, deadstart on each rep) worked up to 295 x 5(no added bands this time).
*If intrabdominal pressure is a good measure of how hard the core works on an exercise, I can guarantee that this is a great one. It’s a good thing I had a light breakfast and tolerate PLAZMA well :wink:

C. Glute ham raise 4 x 12-15 reps (getting much much stronger on these, will be able to add weight next time)

D. Cable pull-through 4 x 10-12 reps

E. Lying leg curl 3 x 10-12

ABS WORK


#224

CT,

Love the fact you have been posting your workouts on your log and glad training is going well for you. What has your AB WORK consisted of lately? I usually do Ab Wheel, Cable Crunches and Leg Raises for most of my Ab movements but am curious what you typically use for increasing your abdominal strength. Thanks for all you do coach!!


#225

[quote]jblues85 wrote:
CT,

Love the fact you have been posting your workouts on your log and glad training is going well for you. What has your AB WORK consisted of lately? I usually do Ab Wheel, Cable Crunches and Leg Raises for most of my Ab movements but am curious what you typically use for increasing your abdominal strength. Thanks for all you do coach!! [/quote]

Nothing complicated. My own favorite exercises are cable crunches, seated cable crunches, various holds and sometimes the abs wheel. As long as I feel it in my abs I’m good.


#226

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]jblues85 wrote:
CT,

Love the fact you have been posting your workouts on your log and glad training is going well for you. What has your AB WORK consisted of lately? I usually do Ab Wheel, Cable Crunches and Leg Raises for most of my Ab movements but am curious what you typically use for increasing your abdominal strength. Thanks for all you do coach!! [/quote]

Nothing complicated. My own favorite exercises are cable crunches, seated cable crunches, various holds and sometimes the abs wheel. As long as I feel it in my abs I’m good.[/quote]

Definitely cannot go wrong with the basics when it comes to ab training or just lifting in general. Always curious what serious lifters do for ab work to increase strength and performance. Thanks for the response coach!!!


#227

@CT

HOW did you performed the reps at the speed squats with the safety squat bar?
And how did you decided how much weight you use ?

Looks like someone already asked what abs exercises you performed :stuck_out_tongue:


#228

Hey coach! I’ve been really liking all the info you’ve been putting out there recently.

School started last Monday and with marching practice, I have much less time overall to train and I’d like some advice.

I can’t train on Friday or Sunday. Period. This leaves Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

But I can’t dedicate a full hour to any session but Saturday! How would you recommend going about this?

Technically I could train each of these 5 days for 20-30 minutes or I could train for 2-3 days for 45-60 minutes. STRENGTH is my main goal currently (because marching band gets me lean with all the work). For strength and maintaining muscle mass (generally), is frequency more important than volume or vice versa?

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!


#229

[quote]Colbstar wrote:
Hey coach! I’ve been really liking all the info you’ve been putting out there recently.

School started last Monday and with marching practice, I have much less time overall to train and I’d like some advice.

I can’t train on Friday or Sunday. Period. This leaves Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

But I can’t dedicate a full hour to any session but Saturday! How would you recommend going about this?

Technically I could train each of these 5 days for 20-30 minutes or I could train for 2-3 days for 45-60 minutes. STRENGTH is my main goal currently (because marching band gets me lean with all the work). For strength and maintaining muscle mass (generally), is frequency more important than volume or vice versa?

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication![/quote]

For strength frequency is more important IMHO. Others will have different opinions but that’s what I believe in. Volume plays a more important role in hypertrophy.


#230

TRAINING UPDATE
As I suspected having to post what I did in the gym actually kills my motivation. It’s weird, I let the fact that I have to report online influence the training choices I make in the gym and it has made training much less fun and productive for me.

I’ll try to post some information when I find something cool I’ve been using, but I just can’t hold a true training log, it’s just not me. Some people like (even need) to do it but personally it takes the fun out of training.

I tried.


#231

Coach- for a crossfit athlete. If u could only choose one… Indigo-3G or Micro-PA?

Thanks again


#232

[quote]J Moose wrote:
Coach- for a crossfit athlete. If u could only choose one… Indigo-3G or Micro-PA?

Thanks again[/quote]

PLAZMA, PLAZMA and PLAZMA… I would actually prefer that a Crossfit athlete invest in MORE PLAZMA and up the dose.

If not, INDIGO to make PLAZMA more effective.


#233

Ct about your logging. Don’t feel bad. I’m the exact same way. I can’t write down exactly what I’m doing and log it. It kills the whole experience. I like writing the skeleton, maybe jot down some PRs, but the minute details just make it boring for me and I really love working out. Maybe just keep people posted on then highlights. Your thib thought of the day was a really cool informative and motivating segment.


#234

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
TRAINING UPDATE
As I suspected having to post what I did in the gym actually kills my motivation. It’s weird, I let the fact that I have to report online influence the training choices I make in the gym and it has made training much less fun and productive for me.

I’ll try to post some information when I find something cool I’ve been using, but I just can’t hold a true training log, it’s just not me. Some people like (even need) to do it but personally it takes the fun out of training.

I tried.[/quote]

merci d’avoir essayé ,coach ;-))


#235

Hello CT,
i have a similar problem… BST starts to kill my motivation… It feels like a cage.
I have now (in 2 days) Phase 2 finished, can I directly jump into phase 4? That means I would leave 3 weeks away… Can I still get good results or do you believe I would regret it?

Thanks in advance…


#236

Hey coach,
have you ever been involved with the strength & conditioning training of MMA fighters?

How would you train them?


#237

^follow up question

Do you think that basic s&c work is pretty much same for any sport? Only sport spesific skills are different of course but those are mostly practised in the sport environment.
And then you could do some sport spesific weight training IF the athlete is experienced enough?


#238

[quote]masfonos wrote:
Hey coach,
have you ever been involved with the strength & conditioning training of MMA fighters?

How would you train them?[/quote]

Never to be honest.


#239

Thib, in this cycle i understand that you train 6 days a week, right?? 3olys + bw skills and 3 strength + 2conditioning. 4 example Monday-wedn-friday(oly+bw skills) Tuesd-thursd-saturday( strength + conditioning) conditioning only on tuesday + saturday for example…

GENERAL PHYSICAL PREPARATION (weeks 1-3)

  • Improve olympic lifting skills
  • Improve body weight skills
  • Get stronger
  • Get better conditioning

I would recommend:
3 olympic lifting sessions a week

3 limit strength sessions a week

Bodyweight skills after the OL sessions (no more than 30 min)

Conditioning work after 2 of the strength sessions… these are not WODs, they should be simple motor tasks like the rowing ergometer, 400m sprints, pushing the prowler, pulling a sled, walking with a wheelbarrow, farmer’s walk, etc. You can combine more than one in a session… no more than 15 minutes of intense work with little rest.

1 WOD per week at the most (on the 3rd strength day), but ideally I wouldn’t do any at this point.


#240

Hey CT. I was working on some power cleans yesterday. Not super heavy really just trying to work the technique. Here is a triple that I did. It seems to me I need to be more explosive when I make contact with he bar and I need to get my elbows through quicker when I’m receiving he bar at the top. If you could tell me what you see is greatly appreciate it. Thanks again coach.