Biotest

Christian Thibaudeau Log 2

[quote]Akidara wrote:
A book?
Please tell us more!!![/quote]

Just a teaser…

Half of the book will be various programs.

so far I have over 175 pages of programing alone…

Six 12 weeks programs: powerlifting, overall strength, super total (3 powerlifts, 2 Olympic lifts), fat loss, maximum hypertrophy, updated power look

Four 6 weeks strength specialization programs: bench press, squat, deadlift, military press

Five 4 weeks hypertrophy spec programs: back spec, pec spec, delts spec, arms spec, legs spec

Two 4 weeks performance spec programs: Vertical jump/power , Be unbreakable/MMA/Metcon

A yearly Competitive Crossfit athlete program (30 weeks peaking for the Open)

I will also have…

A 12 weeks off-season football program
A 12 weeks off-season hockey program
A 16 weeks contest prep plan for bodybuilding
1 year worth of Crossfit class programing

All and all I expect about 250-300 pages of programing.

The other half of the book will be about exercises and training methods.

So…a book to get good at everything I could ask for in this life…

only 1 more question:
When can one buy this book?

[quote]Akidara wrote:
only 1 more question:
When can one buy this book?[/quote]

Ideally went it’s finished :slight_smile:

One of my Crossfit athletes, top ranked in the Open Canada East Region Alex Vigneault 370lbs x 2 front squat

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Akidara wrote:
only 1 more question:
When can one buy this book?[/quote]

Ideally went it’s finished :slight_smile:
[/quote]

The manifesto of all training

Hey CT I don’t think anyone’s asked you this but what do you think of hard training/weightlifting/bodybuilding (natural) and health?

We take for granted it’s good for body and I have to say my quality of life has improved after picking up barbell.

But do you see any health concerns with this hobby/sport? Obviously the extremes, like competing bodybuilders, sometimes even die…but what about general health, disease risk etc.

I saw this and got me kinda concerned: https://news.brown.edu/articles/2015/04/muscles

Basically, supplementation correlated to higher risk of testicular cancer

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
Hey CT I don’t think anyone’s asked you this but what do you think of hard training/weightlifting/bodybuilding (natural) and health?

We take for granted it’s good for body and I have to say my quality of life has improved after picking up barbell.

But do you see any health concerns with this hobby/sport? Obviously the extremes, like competing bodybuilders, sometimes even die…but what about general health, disease risk etc.

I saw this and got me kinda concerned: https://news.brown.edu/articles/2015/04/muscles

Basically, supplementation correlated to higher risk of testicular cancer [/quote]

Anything in excess can be harmful. Even physical activity. Being physically active is amazing for your health. But at one point, the volume of work done by competitive athletes can actually hurt the health of some people… kidneys (people who do a lot of volume of strength work can more easily have bouts of very high blood pressure with is the hardest thing on the kidneys), heart
(cardiac hypertrophy can occur which can be a cause of cardiac problems), adrenal fatigue, osteoporosis (look up “female athlete triad”) to name a few. But we are talking about VERY excessive amounts of exercise here.

Coach, glad to hear your working on a new book. Just curious, will it be ebook or paper back? 300 pages is a lot of ink! :slight_smile:

[quote]rich2323 wrote:
Coach, glad to hear your working on a new book. Just curious, will it be ebook or paper back? 300 pages is a lot of ink! :)[/quote]

Probably digital and paperback

miam et re-miam ;-))))

Hi CT
i would like to start your double stimulation program.
i can train 3 to 4 times a week, and i am weak from shoulders.
is it better to do the push/pull/legs on 3 or 4 days or could i do the program like that
day 1 shoulders (size) legs (strength)
day 2 legs for size and chest/triceps for strength
day 3 chest triceps (size) back and biceps for strength
day 4 back for size and shoulders for strength

An Another question. On the day i work shoulders for size, can i do the program you show in “growth factor shoulder training”?

Thank you for answering.
hope you understand my english
Louis (from france)

Oops!

Part 4) Conditioning
After each DL day: Sprinting 5x75m. 2,5 minute of mobilizing as rest.
After Squat day 1 and 2: Farmer walks, 5x75. 1 minute of mobilizing.
After Squat day 3: 10 forward rolls, 10 shoulder rolls each side, 10 cart wheels each side. Maybe 2 or 3 rounds. Start easy, go up from there.

Hope this is about right or you can give some tips. I’m gonna start it in a month or 2.

Thanks in advance!

CT, something I’ve always been curious about with OL. We know that generally raising your squat will raise your sn/cj but after a certain point this no longer seems to hold true. For instance if someone could front squat 800lbs then the should be albe to clean & jerk 85-90% of that and Snatch 78-82% of the CJ but we know this doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ve always wondered why exactly. I have read in Russian literature that supposedly it has to do with the fact that there comes a point where it’s not a question of having the strength to CJ/SN a certain weight but a question of the time to do it in - in other words, I find that interesting that at a certain level it’s no longer about how strong you can become but the fact your CNS, because the lift happens so fast, does not have enough time to utilize all your strength.

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:

Basically, supplementation correlated to higher risk of testicular cancer [/quote]
Disclaimer: Not CT

At the highest levels there is a dichotomy between performance and health (in some sports/pursuits it is significantly worse than others), I don’t know of anyone who would dispute that, but that’s something pretty much everyone reading this will never have to worry about. I also have a hard time putting much stock in a study that doesn’t seem to differentiate between creatine and andro; from the first line of the article you linked to: “Men who reported taking muscle-building supplements, such as pills and powders with creatine or androstenedione, …”

I clicked on the link to the study to see if I could find out how they defined “muscle-building supplement” in the actual paper but they wanted money to read it and I’m a cheap bastard.

Dammit, I thought I posted part 1, erased it instead, erased it again. I will try to reconstruate my post:(

Recap: 1) I am tall and lower back strength is critical when you have a long spine.
2) I was inspired by your crossfit articles. I played with the ideas of a ton of pulls and OH work.
3) I love the Rich froning look (3 guys in a row, one in the middel Waterloo’s pic) with some twitches: round capped delts, erectors as a ridge, mountenous upper back, great planed for lats. Add some Tyson Gay-esque glutes and thick abs. And Im in. Decent arms and more than decent legs and forearms should included of course.
4) my PC is not than strong I figure I can’t jump for my life, although my deads seem not too bad. working on a super strong, and even more important, explosive is a priority.

So here are the first 3 parts of the concept workout Ive written. I hope for feedback :slight_smile:

Working out mon, tue, wed, fri and sat.

Part 1 ) Explosiveness
Every day.
After a warmup :
SUPERSET
A ) power snatch from blocks ( just above knee ) with double progression : 10x1 built up to 10x2, each day 1 more, add 5 kg when reps met.
B) box jump ( focus good form / hip extension, not height ) 10x1
C ) Mobility drill ( hip flexor emphasis )

Part 2 ) Stength
Wed and Sat.
SUPERSET
A ) deadlift : double progression working up to 5x3
B) dips : double progression working up to 5x5
C ) Mobility drill

Mon, tue and fri.

1. front squat: double progression working up to 5x5
  2. pull ups: double progression working up to 5x5 (keep abs on hard, focus on scap movement, hold it at the peak for a sec or 2)
  3. Mobility drill

Part 3) Density work
every day, start really light and build up
21-15-9 structure
Behind the neck press and full contact twist on DL day.
military press and l sit on squat days.

Part 4 is given.

[quote]Panopticum wrote:
This is part 4:)

Part 4) Conditioning
After each DL day: Sprinting 5x75m. 2,5 minute of mobilizing as rest.
After Squat day 1 and 2: Farmer walks, 5x75. 1 minute of mobilizing.
After Squat day 3: 10 forward rolls, 10 shoulder rolls each side, 10 cart wheels each side. Maybe 2 or 3 rounds. Start easy, go up from there.

Hope this is about right or you can give some tips. I’m gonna start it in a month or 2.

Thanks in advance![/quote]

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:

At the highest levels there is a dichotomy between performance and health (in some sports/pursuits it is significantly worse than others), I don’t know of anyone who would dispute that, but that’s something pretty much everyone reading this will never have to worry about. I also have a hard time putting much stock in a study that doesn’t seem to differentiate between creatine and andro; from the first line of the article you linked to: “Men who reported taking muscle-building supplements, such as pills and powders with creatine or androstenedione, …”

I clicked on the link to the study to see if I could find out how they defined “muscle-building supplement” in the actual paper but they wanted money to read it and I’m a cheap bastard.[/quote]

My first thought when I heard about that study was… “what else were they taking”… were there non-admitted steroid users in the study? Andro itself is a steroid, I wouldn’t call it a supplement, it is a true hormone.

Coach,

I really enjoy your work on high frequency training. Lately, I’ve been trying to figure out a way to incorporate HP mass wave loading into a strength-focused program. For instance, working up to a fast (never grinding or slow) 3 rep max 4 days/week, then using wave loading to get back-off work, as well as 1 or 2 extra sets at that daily max.

In this respect, I would do 3 exercises per day (2 upper/1 lower or 1 upper/2 lower). Accessory work for lats/rear delts just like your program outlines.

Is something like this feasible? Your thoughts?

I appreciate your time.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:

I clicked on the link to the study to see if I could find out how they defined “muscle-building supplement” in the actual paper but they wanted money to read it and I’m a cheap bastard.[/quote]

My first thought when I heard about that study was… “what else were they taking”… were there non-admitted steroid users in the study? Andro itself is a steroid, I wouldn’t call it a supplement, it is a true hormone.[/quote]

Evidently suppversity doesn’t think too much of the study.