Biotest

Christian Thibaudeau Log 2

[quote]J Moose wrote:
CT- please keep the crossfit info coming! Will we be seeing more of this on T-Nation???[/quote]

That was just a rapid answer to a question. I haven’t yet decided if I’m gonna write an article on that subject.

Hi CT

For the GPP strength work, do I include all movement patterns in the one session? E.g, Squat, Hip vertical and horizontal.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]J Moose wrote:
CT- please keep the crossfit info coming! Will we be seeing more of this on T-Nation???[/quote]

That was just a rapid answer to a question. I haven’t yet decided if I’m gonna write an article on that subject.[/quote]

Do you do online crossfit coaching?

[quote]Mccarthy09 wrote:
Hi CT

For the GPP strength work, do I include all movement patterns in the one session? E.g, Squat, Hip vertical and horizontal.

[/quote]

No, use a upper/lower split

Day 1: lower
Day 2: upper
Day 3: lower
Day 4: upper
Day 5: lower
Day 6: upper

For example, with a different movement on each day and 1-2 accessory lifts targeting the weakest muscles in the lift.

If you have low recovery capacities only do 4 strength days

[quote]J Moose wrote:

[quote]J Moose wrote:

That was just a rapid answer to a question. I haven’t yet decided if I’m gonna write an article on that subject.[/quote]

Do you do online crossfit coaching?[/quote]

Not at the moment as I like to assess the individual in person. Maybe in the future when I’m better organized.

Thanks, that make sense.

[quote]J Moose wrote:

[quote]J Moose wrote:

Fair enough. Keep us updated!

Do you do online crossfit coaching?[/quote]

Not at the moment as I like to assess the individual in person. Maybe in the future when I’m better organized.
[/quote]

At some point in the future, I am looking to compete competitively in Crossfit. At the same time, I’m currently trying to increase my strength numbers to get me a jump start before I start becoming serious with the olympic lifting part.

Would you recommend any program or certain key aspects to focus on? I was thinking Front Squats, Back Squats, Presses, and Pulls.

CT, a quick question…
Whenever I do behind the neck presses or lateral raises, all to stimulate the medial head I feel very little in the medial head of my delts. If I do regular front presses or upright rows where the elbow is about 30 degrees forward of having the upper arm in line with the shoulders I get good recruitment and feeling.
Its when the the upper arm is “torqued” or is trying to be rotated, that I get good mind/muscle connection and can feel the medial head working. Or am I feeling the rotator cuff?
Can you tell me what’s going on here?
Thanks you,
George

CT- in your post about crossfit training your mention of oxygen deprivation masks is intriguing. In your opinion, are they effective?

CT- one more question:

Again, in regards to crossfit, how do you structure the strength work? I’m assuming lots of work in the 85% range like you mention in your “future of crossfit article” ?

[quote]J Moose wrote:
CT- in your post about crossfit training your mention of oxygen deprivation masks is intriguing. In your opinion, are they effective?[/quote]

Yes, but not for what they claim to do.

They claim to simulate altitude training and lead to the same adaptations. That’s not going to happen. First of all there is a difference between wearing a mask during training for 90 minutes and living at altitude 24/7 for a few weeks. There is no way to stimulate the same adaptations.

HOWEVER they do improve your capacity to pull air in and expect it out, strengthening the diaphragm. They also are a great way to build psychological toughness to pain. When properly use they can be a good tool, but don’t expect EPO-like of altitude-like effects.

HI CT

Great article this today. Would the Power look programme be suitable for GPP period if training for competitive Crossfit?

[quote]Mccarthy09 wrote:
HI CT

Great article this today. Would the Power look programme be suitable for GPP period if training for competitive Crossfit?[/quote]

A guy I work with used it. His name is Karl Giroux, he is doing pretty well in the open this year. Strong guy… 280lbs snatch, 335lbs clean, 500+ deadlift. Seemed to work well for him but it’s a lot of volume for a crossfit competitor. I’d probably only use 1 assistance exercise and add one Olympic lift in the program.

Great, Thanks

CT - a snatch from blocks in today’s training. Seems like I’m still letting the bar get away from my body and I need to be faster under it. Any feedback you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks coach!

Hello CT,
do you have experience with hand injuries? I think I got it from SGHP, maybe the dropping of the weight to catch it.Hopefully I don’t miss to many layer sessions:( also I did the first growth complex for “wide” shoulders(3 times) and they burned for 40mins hahahaha

Hey CT,
if I want to get strong, can I avoid the bench and change it for dips.
Personally I think i can go heavier in the dips, in the bench you need sometime someone who is behind you.

Hey CT!

Quick metcon related question, if you have time to entertain it. If someone did a short fat loss diet, 8 weeks or so, would you ramp up the amount of metcon weekly (starting from something like 1-2 sessions first week)? Or would you prefer to go pedal to the medal immediately by adding them to most if not every workout right from the start?

Just to use myself as an example here, I’m at a quite reliable 12-13% and goal for the 8 weeks would be “beach condition” at 7-8%.

[quote]kbman wrote:
Hey CT,
if I want to get strong, can I avoid the bench and change it for dips.
Personally I think i can go heavier in the dips, in the bench you need sometime someone who is behind you.[/quote]

What is your reason for wanting to avoid the bench press?