Biotest

Chris: Your Supplements?

Hey, Chris!

What is your current supplement stack and what supplements do you use year-round, regardless of your current goals?

Thanks!

My stapes are comprised of what I think of as life-extension or disease-prevention supplements:

1. Superfood
  2. REZ-V
  3. Flameout
  4. Curcumin (a recent addition)
  5. Vit. D.

Those are daily.

And while I probably haven’t let a day go by in 15 years without having a protein shake or two, I COULD just cook a lot more if I had to. Still, for adequate quality protein intake and convenience, Metabolic Drive is a staple. I could live without protein shakes, sure. I just don’t want to!

I’d add that some type of peri-workout supplement is always part of my routine, and I vary that a lot, trying new things: from the always-reliable Surge Recovery to Anaconda and FINiBAR.

But first, I always recommend starting with the health-based stuff. Boring I know, but I rather like being alive and healthy.

No Elite Minerals or ZMA?

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
No Elite Minerals or ZMA?[/quote]

Yep, missed those. I use one or the other every night before bed. Now that Mineral Support is out, I tend to use that instead of ZMA.

Roger.

Oh oh oh…have you tinkered with Alpha Male or D-A-Acid? I’m not sure I’m ready to engage in these quite yet.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
Oh oh oh…have you tinkered with Alpha Male or D-A-Acid? I’m not sure I’m ready to engage in these quite yet. [/quote]

Have not used D-A-Acid.

Alpha Male is… too powerful for me. I’ll leave it at that! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback, Chris! I think it makes sense to focus on general health above all. That’s the foundation for fat loss, muscle building, and everything else.

I’m guessing then that Mineral Support, Superfood, and Vitamin D are your equivalent of a multivitamin?

[quote]iamthesamurai wrote:

I’m guessing then that Mineral Support, Superfood, and Vitamin D are your equivalent of a multivitamin?[/quote]

Pretty much. I haven’t taken a multi in years. Of course, I eat a ton of vegetables too these days.

Chris, can you please list all the Biotest products that are ok or for women? I was getting ready to order a couple and they referred to either increased testosterone or lowering estrogen, or both, two things I don’t think a 33 y/o woman should do. I may be wrong…so let me know. I know women need testosterone for sex drive and to balance our estrogen, but I don’t know if it is okay to “increase” said testosterone.

Shugs…could you also recite all Biotest Products backwards by memory as well. lol.

Completely joking, actually the question asked below from Milgirl is a great one as my Mom was questioning dosage for the Rez-V…

Also since we’re on quite the nutritional role here…a serving of Superfood and about four big handful of veggies per day in my protocol…I’m big on Organic Broccoli, Yellow and green Zucchini, red, yellow, orange bell peppers, baby spinach and mixed green salad. Anything else to complete the Vitamin realm???

[quote]milgirl wrote:
Chris, can you please list all the Biotest products that are ok or for women? I was getting ready to order a couple and they referred to either increased testosterone or lowering estrogen, or both, two things I don’t think a 33 y/o woman should do. I may be wrong…so let me know. I know women need testosterone for sex drive and to balance our estrogen, but I don’t know if it is okay to “increase” said testosterone.[/quote]

What are her goals?

As long as she doesn’t use Alpha Male she’s fine.

And while REZ-V and ZMA may talk about improving hormone levels, this is a good thing. Women need a proper/optimal/natural balance as well.

REZ-V is basically the “good stuff” from red wine and grapes, and ZMA is zinc and magnesium.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
Shugs…could you also recite all Biotest Products backwards by memory as well. lol.

Completely joking, actually the question asked below from Milgirl is a great one as my Mom was questioning dosage for the Rez-V…

Also since we’re on quite the nutritional role here…a serving of Superfood and about four big handful of veggies per day in my protocol…I’m big on Organic Broccoli, Yellow and green Zucchini, red, yellow, orange bell peppers, baby spinach and mixed green salad. Anything else to complete the Vitamin realm???

[/quote]

You’re probably covered except for Vit D. I go about 1000 to 5000 IU per day: more in winter, less in summer basically.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]milgirl wrote:
Chris, can you please list all the Biotest products that are ok or for women? I was getting ready to order a couple and they referred to either increased testosterone or lowering estrogen, or both, two things I don’t think a 33 y/o woman should do. I may be wrong…so let me know. I know women need testosterone for sex drive and to balance our estrogen, but I don’t know if it is okay to “increase” said testosterone.[/quote]

What are her goals?

As long as she doesn’t use Alpha Male she’s fine.

And while REZ-V and ZMA may talk about improving hormone levels, this is a good thing. Women need a proper/optimal/natural balance as well.

REZ-V is basically the “good stuff” from red wine and grapes, and ZMA is zinc and magnesium.

[/quote]

Her/my goal is fat loss and muscle preservation. I always thought that gaining muscle and decreasing fat were mutually exclusive, but I have learned from this site that they are not. For my psyche, health, and overall happiness, I am most concerned with fat loss, and tied for second are gaining/maintaining energy and sleeping well.

Thanks for the info, I was getting worried about all the testosterone talk. And hey, an increase in testosterone may combat my monthly increase in estrogen. My husband surely won’t mind.